AI Files - Updating your build with the latest versions

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Lord_Calidor

RE: AI Files - Updating your build with the latest versions

Post by Lord_Calidor »

Cool, thnx Yaab. Will try that.
But when the blast of war blows in our ears,
Then imitate the action of the tiger;
Stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood,
Disguise fair nature with hard-favour'd rage.
Alpha77

Post by Alpha77 »

Great thanks, I meanwhile really miss playing the game [;)] This newest AI is the best we can assume, so it will be added to the silver scen too (which is based on scen2 and compatible 100%). Sadly PBM play is risky when the other drops out or you can not do as much turns as the op wants etc. So AI still best option for a game you want to play longer to 45 perhaps even. Thanks to the devs and team [:)]

EDIT: Can you clarify, I unzipped to scens..here is what I got....which files need to be deleted, I see only 1 file named AI101 (which is marked), so this must contain all the variants you talk about. I tried to open it in notepad to find the other variant to delete - the non historical ones - but not possible - also if I want to use this good AI with my silver scen (which is 27 in the folder) I just rename from 101 to 27 and done, correct? BTW, I deleted all the other scens I had only left over 2 and my own one 27.Not that anyone wonders why so few files in their. [;)] This has only 2,27 and now 101. I only wanna play 27 ofc :) Noted also scen1 seems to be there, but it does not run anymore, need to delete those one too. I am only interested atm in scen27 (=silver) and wanna find the best AI for it thanks again guys. I opened scen101 and it works, so guess I just rename aeAI101 to 27 and ready to go - but I did not find any "variants" that need to be deleted [:(]

Attachments
ai.jpg
ai.jpg (74.2 KiB) Viewed 269 times
Lord_Calidor

Post by Lord_Calidor »

From what I understand - those variants are only for scen 1 and 2, eg. aei002-*.* and aei001-*.* , and are not aplicable to other scenarios.
"Revised" scenario 2, which became scen 101, has it's own AI file, eg. aei101.dat, without any variants. As is stated in Kull's table in 3rd post.

Don't know how that applies to general, overall AI for grand campaign. Is 101 "dumber" than AndyMac's scenario 2 AI from 6/24/2012? Does it have less variety?
We probably won't know until AndyMac himself comments or somebody reverse-engineers the scripts, if that's even possible.
Alpha77

Post by Alpha77 »

ORIGINAL: Lord_Calidor

From what I understand - those variants are only for scen 1 and 2, eg. aei002-*.* and aei001-*.* , and are not aplicable to other scenarios.
"Revised" scenario 2, which became scen 101, has it's own AI file, eg. aei101.dat, without any variants. As is stated in Kull's table in 3rd post.

Don't know how that applies to general, overall AI for grand campaign. Is 101 "dumber" than AndyMac's scenario 2 AI from 6/24/2012? Does it have less variety?
We probably won't know until AndyMac himself comments or somebody reverse-engineers the scripts, if that's even possible.

Ah ok, I thought the same that there is only the one AI file, so Yaab was probably confused himself (no wonder right [:D])--- and yes, def. the "old" is "dumb", the new one can only be better [:)] I use this AI now for silver scen, so can at least start a game in some days. Had missed playing a bit, no I am not addicted[:'(]

Edit, when you say from 2012 you can scrap that AI just believe me, I played 3-4 times with it, twice even longer. But as it turns out PBM is to unsafe when players throw the towel and you have invested so much time in the game already, so AI only way.
Kull

Post by Kull »

ORIGINAL: Alpha77

Just to make that clear again, if I would select the "historic" variant, the AI would be less suicidal and I also could add these variants to any scen based on eg. stock 1 or 2 ? I just needed to rename the AI files to the scenario number, overwrite the old ones...,right? Yes, I applied it to scen2 already, I make a scen27 "worthwhile" mod, so I can rename from scen2 to scen27 (27 based on 2).

Also both sides have the new AI I hope... I would againa play IJ perhaps so the Allied AI would be more important for me right now.

First thing to be aware is that many of the earlier scenarios had "AI Variants", which are basically just different scripts for the AI to follow. Look at column #5 in my tables to see which of the scenarios have variants, and how many variants there are per scenario. Looking specifically at Scenario #2 (enhanced Japan), it originally had 16 variants but the last update added 4 more - and presumably made improvements to the original 16.

As noted earlier, Variants 1-6 are more historical, so if you prefer one of those, it's possible to pre-select a variant (copied over from the bottom of Post #2):
- In order to "pre-select" a scenario variant when starting a new game (as opposed to relying on random chance):
1) Choose the variant you want to play (we'll illustrate with AI File #5 for Scenario #1)
2) Create a folder called "Hold" in the SCEN directory
3) Copy all the Scen1 AI files into the new "War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\SCEN\Hold" folder
4) In the SCEN folder, delete the aei001.dat file
5) In the SCEN folder, rename aei001-05.dat to aei001.dat
6) In the SCEN folder, delete all the aei001-xx.dat alternate files
7) When you start a new campaign, it will use the (renamed) aei001-05.dat scenario variant
8) After launching the new campaign, move all the files in the "Hold" folder back to the "SCEN" folder (and say "yes" to all overwrites).

In that example i used Variant #5 for Scenario #1, but the process will work for any scenario. also, doing it this way means you don't have to create a new numbered scenario, as it will change the AI only in your current game (just follow ALL the steps!)
Also both sides have the new AI I hope... I would againa play IJ perhaps so the Allied AI would be more important for me right now.

Here again the table provides the answer. Column #3 ("Playable") tells you if the scenario has an AI for each side ("vs. Both") or only works against a specific AI ("vs. Allied AI" or "vs. Jap AI")
Kull

Post by Kull »

ORIGINAL: Lord_Calidor

If you read the whole thread in which Scenario 101 was posted, it sounds like Andy completely reworked the scripts so the baseline AI strategy should allow for a more competitive game for a much longer period. Accordingly - even though these are technically "test scenarios", I'd recommend using the newer scenario 2 (in this case, 101)

As noted, there weren't any variants on this new batch, although Andy implied that he might add some at a future date.
Lord_Calidor

Post by Lord_Calidor »

Cool, thnx. Already started 101 as my coming-back to AE ritual... in a month or so, when Allied AI buckles, I'll be ready for PBEM again [:)]
Sun Tempest

Post by Sun Tempest »

Will revised scenarios 33 and 100 work for Babes Lite?

Btw, basically what are the main differences between the two revised AI scenarios?

Thank you!
Yaab

Post by Yaab »

Yep, the renamed AI files from scen 33&100 will work for Babes Lite.

Scen 33 is really scen 1 with an updated AI

Scen 100 is really scen 1 with an updated AI but with new bases in Burma and Australia, plus some Allied aircraft were redefined as attack bombers. Several bases got LI and Res centers to simulate local food production.
Lawless1

Post by Lawless1 »

wps100.dat
wpp100.dat
wpl100.dat
wph100.dat
wpd100.dat
wpc100.dat
wpa100.dat
scn100.cmt
cam100.dat
aei100.dat

Checking before I screw anything up. I want to use Andy's new AI in Scn 100 for BabesLite Scen026. My understanding is that I just have to change the above name files to xxx026.dat? Then copy to the main AE Scan folder saying yes to overwrite existing files

I really like BabesLite Scen026, with all the additional ships, and the ability to convert the Wick class four stackers. Haven't yet figured out how to go into AE Editor and make changes to allow me to do ship conversions.

Thanks to Andy [&o] for doing the hard work of updating the AI
Two types of ships, targets and submarines
Death from below
Kull

Post by Kull »

That should do it. There 11 files though, and you only listed 10 - also need wpg100.dat
Lawless1

Post by Lawless1 »

Oops, missed that one, thanks Kull

Edit, now just have to figure out how to rename the files

Yay up and rumning
Death from below
Lawless1

Post by Lawless1 »

Having converted all the 100.dat and cmt files to the 026.dat file, I found upon playing BabesLite Scen026 that a save game would allow me to still convert my Wicks Class DD but starting a new game would not. So I reloaded the old Scen026 file. I do like the idea of additions of resources, light industries etc to various bases.

Question, not being a computer adept, I was wondering if one of the Scen100 files includes all the changes to bases on both sides, if so which one as I would like to add the additional logistic to both sides. Right now I am slowly working my way locating bases that have had added logistic added, problem is not having played as Japan, I not sure what bases have been added to when I look at the editor. So I am doing a lot of back and forth between Scen26 and Scen100 looking for the changes.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Death from below
Kull

Post by Kull »

Yes, the Scen 100 changes apply to both sides.

As for situations like the non-upgradeable Wickes, one solution is to create your own modified scenario file. Open Scenario 100 using the editor, and change the upgrade option (and save it as Scen 110 if you don't want to alter the original). If you aren't sure exactly what the modified change would look like, open Scenario 1 (using the editor) and see how Wickes is treated, and then apply the same "fix" to Scen 100.

I'm currently playing a Scen 102 game, and did much the same thing. For example, the Dutch Armor unit which arrives in Bandoeng in December no longer includes the giant CD guns which make it immobile.
Lawless1

Post by Lawless1 »

Thanks Paul. Am still trying to figure out th editor. Is there a tutorial on it?

Not at my computer now, did not see anything saying allow conversion. Guess I have to
use the id numbers for the Wicks APD.

Still working may way around bas s looking at how and where new R, LI, wee added for both sides
Death from below
Kull

Post by Kull »

I couldn't find an Editor Guide, but it wouldn't surprise me if one was out there somewhere. Anyway, it's pretty easy to use. From the SCEN folder, doubleclick "AE Editor.exe". When the program loads, choose "File" > "Open Scenario" and you'll get a drop down listing all of those present in the SCEN folder. For now pick Scen 001, since we're looking for the Wickes DD. click the "ship classes" button, and in the window on the left you can move down to ID 437. That's the base model (the starting DD). Worth noting that ID 727 is the Wickes APD class.

From there, I guess it all depends on what you want to do. I did find a post where there's an explanation on how make cargo ship conversions, and the principle *should* be the same:
ORIGINAL: ckammp

To convert EC2 Liberty class to EC2 Xanthus:

1)From your desired scenario in the AE Editor, click "Ship Class" tab.
2)Select 2655 - EC2 Xanthus.
3)On the right of the screen, click box labeled "Convert To Class".
4)In the box to the right of the one you clicked in step 3, enter the number "375".
5)Save scenario.

When you start the scenario, you will be able to convert EC2 Liberty ships to either an AR (EC2 Xanthus) or an AP (EC2 USAT).
Note that once you upgrade the ship as an AK, you will not be able to convert to either AR or AP.

In the case of the EC2 Liberty class, it was already designed to be able to upgrade to the EC2 USAT class, so all that needed to be done was add the Bind Class value (in this case, 375) to the EC2 Xanthus class.

If you wish to add conversions to a ship class that isn't already designed to upgrade to another class, you will have to give the same Bind Class value to both the original class and the conversion class. To add a Bind Class value, simply select a 3-digit number (make sure it isn't already being used in the editor).

For the original class, check the box labeled "Convert From Class" and enter the Bind Class value in the adjacent box. For the conversion class, check the box labeled "Conversion To Class" and enter the Bind Class value in the adjacent box.

If you want to be able to convert a ship after it upgrades in it's original class, you must add the Bind Class value and check "Convert To Class" in the ship's upgrade slots.

For example, if you want the EC2 Liberty class(slot 2406) to upgrade as an AK, then convert to either AR or AP, you must go to it's upgrade(slot 2506) and enter the Bind Class value and check "Convert To Class". Also do the same for the EC2 Xanthus slots. (the EC2 USAT doesn't upgrade)

Hope this helps.
Lawless1

Post by Lawless1 »

Much thanks, should be able to get going with what you given me
Death from below
Sun Tempest

Post by Sun Tempest »

Thank you very much for help :)

this thread should be stickied!
Ekaton

Post by Ekaton »

Saved AndyMac's files as .exe and upon trying to open them it it tells me that the version cannot be used on a 32-bit PC. Is there any way to make them work?

This file works - tm.asp?m=3240065 Do I need other files to make it work?
I need ten females for each male...
Kull

Post by Kull »

ORIGINAL: Ekaton

Saved AndyMac's files as .exe and upon trying to open them it it tells me that the version cannot be used on a 32-bit PC. Is there any way to make them work?

This file works - tm.asp?m=3240065 Do I need other files to make it work?

What is your O/S, Win10? If so, maybe try running the exe as Admin and in Win7 compatibility mode.

Edit: I checked your link, and that's for the Ironman vs. Jap AI (Scenario 10). The attachment has 11 files, which means it's complete. As an FYI, Item #10 in Post 2 of this thread has a link to "Scenario 102" which is the 2016 version of Scenario 10. If you want to play the most recent iteration, that's the one (it too is a zip file, so no issue with exes).

Return to “The War Room”