Transport! card not working?

VR designs has been reinforced with designer Cameron Harris and the result is a revolutionary new operational war game 'Barbarossa' that plays like none other. It blends an advanced counter pushing engine with deep narrative, people management and in-depth semi-randomized decision systems.

Moderators: Vic, lancer

rocketman71

Transport! card not working?

Post by rocketman71 »

When I try to play the Transport! command card and no division are eligible for transport I still get docked 5PP for playing it. Is that supposed to happen? Doesn't seem fair really.
lancer

RE: Transport! card not working?

Post by lancer »

Hi Rocket,

That cards been tested pretty thoroughly.

The card won't appear unless...

there is a German unit,
it's out of command,
it isn't cut off
there are no enemy units within 3 hexes,
it isn't an HQ unit
and it hasn't moved.

This is tested at the beginning of the German turn and the card is playable if at least one unit fits the criteria.

What can happen, however, is that you could, for example, move a unit that fits and it'll then no longer be eligible but the card is still present as it's only tested at the start of the turn, not after every time a unit status changes during your turn (not feasible computationally wise).

If you can find an example where the above isn't the case I'll give you the Werchmant's highest award (the Knight Cross of the Iron Cross with the Bug Spotters Oak Leaves) but you'll have to provide a save file otherwise Adolf won't believe you.

Cheers,
Cameron
nikdav

Post by nikdav »

Hi Cameron, the card is present and when played at start new turn i lost 5 pp and got this screen !
This happened already 3 time in my current game !

Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (169.54 KiB) Viewed 228 times

rocketman71

Post by rocketman71 »

nikdav beat me to it as I was going to post screenies. But I have a save made just before playing the card, and one after playing the card - if that is any help. It is a bit hard to see his screenshot, but it looks like it is not in the muddy season. Mine are, as that is one of the criteria that works against using the card, or for it to turn up.
nikdav

Post by nikdav »

The sadly thing is that i lost 15pp in 3 turns playing 3 cards to refuel the " Das Reich " without results and now a strong soviet attack made a breakthrough and i have no pp and no fuel. The only good thing is that my flank attacks cut off the soviet 77RD.

Attachments
2.jpg
2.jpg (111.31 KiB) Viewed 228 times

lancer

Post by lancer »

Hi,

O.K, so it's the playing the card when nobody can benefit, yet still getting hit with the card cost that's the problem.

That's probably a valid complaint although Adolf is shaking his head when it comes to the medal.

If you're trying to refuel a cut-off division with the aerial resupply card then code has been explicity added to refund the PP cost in the case of no fuel arriving. The PP is deducted, then added back. It was an early bug fix. Sounds like the transport card could benefit from the same.

Cheers,
Cameron
rocketman71

Post by rocketman71 »

Great with a fix, but if I understood the earlier post the Transport! card shouldn't even appear if no unit can benefit from it. That would be the best fix IMO.

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa”