Aligned units count in/out

A sub-forum for players new to WIF, containing information on how to get started and become an experienced player.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Jagdtiger14

Aligned units count in/out

Post by Jagdtiger14 »

In the game I am playing (version 2.3.4) the Finns are attacking Murmansk. They have 4 corps, and 1 division outside Finland. Inside Finland are 2 corp, 1 division, and 2 air. The Soviets are flying ground support into Murmansk. Finland wishes to intercept Soviet ground support with the Finn FTR it has in Petsamo. MWiF is not allowing it. Not sure why...I think the Finns should be allowed to unless I'm missing something here.

Going back to Axis ground support, the Finns can fly out both the bomber and FTR out of Petsamo into Murmansk.
Conflict with the unexpected: two qualities are indispensable; first, an intellect which, even in the midst of this obscurity, is not without some traces of inner light which lead to the truth; second, the courage to follow this faint light. KvC
Orm

RE: Aligned units count in/out

Post by Orm »

If you post a save I will take a look later today.
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
Jagdtiger14

Post by Jagdtiger14 »

Thanks Orm! I'm really bad at posting saves here...maybe I can get my opponent to do this[:D]
Conflict with the unexpected: two qualities are indispensable; first, an intellect which, even in the midst of this obscurity, is not without some traces of inner light which lead to the truth; second, the courage to follow this faint light. KvC
Joseignacio

Post by Joseignacio »

The way you are putting it, MWIF should allow. You can move one unit out of the country as far as there are not more than half od the units out of it. It means you can have up to 1/2 of the units out of the minor plus one. It refers to the sum of land and air forces, not counting the navy.
Restrictions on use
Minor country units can move and fight outside their home country. However, you can only move a minor country land or aircraft unit outside the home country controlled by the minor, if half or more of its on map land and aircraft units are currently inside its home country (exception: Rumania becomes a full Axis ally ~ see 19.6.2).

Anyway, there has been some confusion in the clarification on whether it counted as doable or not to temporarily making air missions out even if you cannot stay outside, although in this case it was finally ruled against .
Q19.4-3 19.4 Finland has a total of 6 units, 4 are
currently outside of Finland. So a 5th can't
leave Finland. One of the 2 Finnish units in
Finland is a LND. Does the rule restriction
"...you can only move a minor country land
or aircraft unit from inside the home
country to outside the home country, if half
or more of its on- map land and aircraft
units are currently inside its home country"
forbid me from
(a) flying a mission with a LND outside the
country during the action stage even if I
return to base in Finland and/or
(b) placing one of the LND in the reserve
pool (with its pilot added to the German
pilots track) during the Production step?

yes and yes. Date 19/02/2009
19/02/2009
Joseignacio

Post by Joseignacio »

Maybe air missions?
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

The rule about leaving the minor has been clarified to not only prohibit air missions but also to prohibit removing a plane to the reserve pool and reaping a pilot for the major power that has aligned the minor.
Paul
brian brian

Post by brian brian »

two errors?

quote:

"Going back to Axis ground support, the Finns can fly out both the bomber and FTR out of Petsamo into Murmansk."

Whereas just the FTR intercepting outside Home Country should be legal. 5 units in, 5 units out = one can leave.
Centuur

Post by Centuur »

I think a gamesave will help here. It sounds like a bug.

To upload a gamesave, you choose the Post Reply button in the forums. At the bottom of the form is the button where you can upload a zipped file.

All gamesaves can be found in the Matrix games folders. They need to be zipped before uploading, since the .GAM files are to big to upload:

My windows is a Dutch version, but you should be able to find this for the English version of Windows too.

Attachments
No problem1.gif
No problem1.gif (217.91 KiB) Viewed 97 times
Peter
Joseignacio

Post by Joseignacio »

ORIGINAL: paulderynck

The rule about leaving the minor has been clarified to not only prohibit air missions but also to prohibit removing a plane to the reserve pool and reaping a pilot for the major power that has aligned the minor.

yes, a couple of posts earlier I quoted that clarification.
Orm

Post by Orm »

Is the FTR out of intercept range?
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

Return to “WIF School”