Question about resources pool

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

dcaflak

Question about resources pool

Post by dcaflak »

I have a noob's question: I recently started my very first grand campaign (I did an Aleutian and a Guadalcanal campaign to train before) , playing Focus Pacific Hakko Ichiu (with the Soviets off, I'm not that suicidal). So during the first turn I took a long time to judge the industrial situation and was very pleased to see the 9.6M resources in pool. I thought ''Neat, that means I can focus on attacking for some time!'' Everything went swimmingly for the first month, with the Allies suffering massive casualties and me developing the aircraft, vehicule and armament production slowly but surely.

But in late January 42, I notice a lot of factories have the ''failed to produce'' red cross, and by looking at the same report it's because Tokyo for example is out of ressources...but the pool still says 9.6M resources in reserve. So here I am since several days, desperately trying to salvage the situation by sending huge convoys of resources from every corner of the Empire to Tokyo and Osaka. I haven't build a single plane/gun/tank for a while and the big pile of resources is still every time I open the industry screen, taunting me.

So...I'm sorry if this question has been asked and answered before but could someone tell me what am I doing wrong in this situation, please.
adarbrauner

RE: Question about resources pool

Post by adarbrauner »

If I well understand, you of course are piling huge amounts of resources, yes, but oversea.

They, the resources, shall not be used by any single factory concern, unless you bring them to them - as you wrote you're doing actually;

just mind please: the resources available and accumulating in Hokkaido, and than at Fusan-southern tip of Korea, Port Arthur and Shanhai, should more than enough for your industry recover, for now, without need to resort to any further resorces rich location.

Just mind, that your oil/fuel reserves at Home Islands are dwindling, therefore you should bring up an oil convoy transportation system, mainly from Dutch Indies, pronto.
dcaflak

Post by dcaflak »

Oh, so my mistake was taking too much time in building my supplies convoy? In a weird way, I'm relieved. It's just a personal fuck up, not a bug or a vital mechanic I missed.

Thank you very much for your answer! [:)]
GetAssista

Post by GetAssista »

You should arrange you resourse convoys fast cause Japan Home Islands are eating resourses like crazy. Ship them first from nearby places - Hokkaido, Sakhalin, Korea
dcaflak

Post by dcaflak »

Yeah, the convoys are already steaming towards the Home Islands. I admit I was quite baffled by how quickly things went downhill, even if the effects haven't reached the front...yet. I was all proud of my ~145 Zeros per month production...pretty useless if there isn't any resources to use to construct them.
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

Can't tell from your OP, but just to be clear, Resources are not centrally pooled. They're local. HI points and other points (Arms, Veh, shipyard) are centrally pooled off-map. Fuel, oil, and supplies are also local and on-map.
The Moose
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: dcaflak

Yeah, the convoys are already steaming towards the Home Islands. I admit I was quite baffled by how quickly things went downhill, even if the effects haven't reached the front...yet. I was all proud of my ~145 Zeros per month production...pretty useless if there isn't any resources to use to construct them.
You may be thinking of resources as a 1:1 input/output to industry. It ain't so!
LI needs 15 resources for each point of LI production to make one supply.
HI needs 20 resources + 20 (or is it 10?) fuel to produce 2 supply and one point of HI output.

So when you look at Tokyo and Osaka's industry numbers and multiply by the 15 or 20, it doesn't take long to use up the 9.6 million.
Use your short-range ships to haul resources from nearby - set up the convoy at the pickup point (loading resources) and with the offload destination set. Then change it to a CS (continual supply) convoy by clicking twice on the top centre text that starts out as "Human Controlled". Once it switches to CS you only need to check it about once a month for ships accumulating too much system damage.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
dcaflak

Post by dcaflak »

Thank you everyone for your help, now things are much clearer for me. It's refreshing to see a forum about a game being helpful AND civil to noobs sch as me [:)]
Xargun

Post by Xargun »

ORIGINAL: dcaflak

Thank you everyone for your help, now things are much clearer for me. It's refreshing to see a forum about a game being helpful AND civil to noobs sch as me [:)]

That is one of the reasons this game has stood the test of time so well. The players are mostly honest and good willed towards each other and try not to engage in any unwarranted Drama...

GetAssista

Post by GetAssista »

ORIGINAL: Xargun
That is one of the reasons this game has stood the test of time so well. The players are mostly honest and good willed towards each other and try not to engage in any unwarranted Drama...
This game is too complex for immature people, I guess. So the community is a result of positive self-selection [:)]
rustysi

Post by rustysi »

I was all proud of my ~145 Zeros per month production.

Careful, its not about numbers, its about managing your HI (heavy industry). That's too many early war A/C to be putting out. You shouldn't need that many, and they will be sitting collecting dust (as a wasted HI expense) when more advanced models appear.
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”