Bagration

The Community Project is a free wargame construction set to existing owners of DC: Barbarossa

Moderators: Vic, lancer

SteveD64

Bagration

Post by SteveD64 »

I've finally finished the at-start units and most of the map. Next up are the oil and supply levels and the replacements and reinforcements. If Vic doesn't mind and will occasionally monitor this thread I'd like to keep all my further questions confined to this thread so it doesn't monopolize this board.

If this ever gets finished, it will be a miracle ;)

First question I have: Can the game system teleport units in a pre-game "turn"? I'd like to give the Soviet and, to some extent, the German player some options at the beginning. I've included a screenshot of the Soviet units directly under STAVKA command on turn 1. I would like to teleport them to whatever front(s) the Soviet player wishes at the start. Can the game system do this?

Next post will have the screenshot.
SteveD64

RE: Bagration

Post by SteveD64 »

The circled units are support units that start directly under Stavka. Light, Medium and Heavy self-propelled artillery. Artillery Corps and Divisions. Independent tank brigades. These units are helpful to effect a breakthrough and can determine the thrust of the offensive.

Attachments
stavka.jpg
stavka.jpg (172.25 KiB) Viewed 454 times
Alan Sharif

Post by Alan Sharif »

OMG............. this would be amazing. Hope you finish it, and it has an AI. Best of luck and thanks for your hard work thus far.
A Sharif
lion_of_judah

Post by lion_of_judah »

I'm very happy and cannot wait to play this
Bertram

Post by Bertram »

A work around would be a (double?) pre-start turn, in which the soviet player could place (by cards) free reinforcements, with a 100% arrival chance. Might need the double turn, because in Barbarossa the reinforcements are inactive the turn they arrive.
SteveD64

Post by SteveD64 »

^good idea

I was thinking of two turns, pre-start, where the soviet support units get 100% AP's in order to move where ever they want. All German units would get 50% AP's to allow limited shuffling.

Problem is, it's a big map so if the Soviets wanted to hit the Southern Front there's just no time to move the units there.
Vic

Post by Vic »

Sorry for the late reply, was out in the bush on a short holiday.

Teleportation and HQ switching is supported by the engine but there is not yet an easy interface for it, i could of course add this, but the proposed method of using reinforcement units (action cards) does not sound bad either.

Let me know if you'd still like that teleport functionality and i'll add it to my to do list.

Best wishes,
Vic

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
nikdav

Post by nikdav »

I made some good experiments adding reinforcement by cards

Attachments
Senzatitolo2.jpg
Senzatitolo2.jpg (25.04 KiB) Viewed 453 times

nikdav

Post by nikdav »

almost a teleportation !

Attachments
Senzatitolo4.jpg
Senzatitolo4.jpg (222.53 KiB) Viewed 453 times

nikdav

Post by nikdav »

and the commander of VII Korp thanks me for the reinforcement !

Attachments
Senzatitolo6.jpg
Senzatitolo6.jpg (163.07 KiB) Viewed 453 times

Vic

Post by Vic »

Good to see you got it working. The scenario looks interesting by the way. Quite curious whats the theater size and time period you are covering?
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
nikdav

Post by nikdav »

Hi Vic !
I must open a dedicated thread for my scenario.
Actually the name is KIEV 43 , 15-20km, 2day turn, division/korp level ,start 05/11/43 after the Red Army stormed Kiev, till 01/44
The scenario is still in the experimental phase, thanks again for this fantastic and flexible editor, i find every time new
features.

Attachments
Kiev43fullmap.jpg
Kiev43fullmap.jpg (226.59 KiB) Viewed 454 times

Vic

Post by Vic »

Well as i said before free fee to ask for new feature. (Yes is never guaranteed, but I like to help) Your work looks precise and promising.

Best wishes,
Vic
SteveD64

Post by SteveD64 »

Ugh, so my laptop motherboard died. I tried getting the data off the hard drive but no luck. 6 months of work. I had an external drive that I used to back up data but it was giving me problems - anyway I went to check it and there's nothing there from my computer other than some pictures and minor stuff. Does an external drive backup data/graphics from games? I know they don't backup the .exe but I spent a lot of time on the graphics and would like to recover them.
lion_of_judah

Post by lion_of_judah »

Oh no.......... have you been able to recover anything. I have found that backing up graphics and mod's onto a flash drive works for me.
SteveD64

Post by SteveD64 »

I have nothing. I guess if you want the boardgame version go buy "Victory Roads" [;)] I based my mod on it. I am illiterate when it comes to computers and didn't backup the game in the proper folders is long and short of it.
Vic

Post by Vic »

Sorry to hear this. Was looking forward to seeing this scenario that looked very good.

Best wishes,
Vic
lion_of_judah

Post by lion_of_judah »

:(

I was so looking forward to this......but things do happen
lion_of_judah

Post by lion_of_judah »

if you would like to start this again, I'm more than willing to help
SteveD64

Post by SteveD64 »

It was so much work! I should've kept all the different trooptypes/map/units backed up somewhere else. That took an incredible amount of time. I actually had to divide the Panzer Divisions and Mech/Tank Corps into two separate units apiece because their TO&E was more than the 8 slots provided in the game.

I did buy a lot of books for this which I don't consider wasted.

I'd like to do something smaller for my next project.

Return to “Scenario Design with the Community Project”