[Question] Modding spaceports and defense bases size

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario, art and sound modding and the game editor for Distant Worlds.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Clogs

[Question] Modding spaceports and defense bases size

Post by Clogs »

I really like the idea of the Starfall mod and how it increases the size of spaceports and defense bases making making assaulting planets with them much more deadly.

Seeing as how the Starfall mod doesn't work with the latest version of Distant Worlds Universe, I would like to mod these changes myself.

Could someone point me in the right direction on how to go about doing this?
Capshades

RE: [Question] Modding spaceports and defense bases size

Post by Capshades »

I'm sure someone else has an easier solution, but I just increase the component numbers in designTemplates for each race.
Kothyxaan

Post by Kothyxaan »

What you are looking for is in the research.txt
Tech Id 362 & 105 to 112

ABILITIES ;Increased Construction Size, 2, 1, 230, 0

^that is what you need to change... unfortunately you cant change station size without changing ship sizes as well (to my knowledge).
From the Research file "' - when Type is 2 (Increased Construction Size): maximum size ship that can be built (e.g. size 300). Maximum construction size for Bases not at colonies is always 3 times larger. Bases at colonies have no construction size limit"
So size of ships (here) is 230, (720 for bases not at a planet)
Hattori Hanzo

Post by Hattori Hanzo »

Clogs, below you can find the link for the "Starfall mod" combatible with "Distant Wolds: Universe":

tm.asp?m=4285148&mpage=1�

Return to “Design and Modding”