OT: Nice shootin' Tex.

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Chickenboy

OT: Nice shootin' Tex.

Post by Chickenboy »

sstevens06

RE: OT: Nice shootin' Tex.

Post by sstevens06 »

You mean: "Nice shooting 'eh". [;)]

3,450 meter shot, very impressive combination of skill and luck!
MakeeLearn

Post by MakeeLearn »

My sister uses a scope too.

PaxMondo

Post by PaxMondo »

yeah, 10 secs to target ... gotta really know your target to know you have 10 secs ...
Pax
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

I was just wondering about the altitude drop on the shot. It must have been 20 or 30 feet. At that range, you've got to include calculations for curvature of the Earth affecting your shot. Amazing.
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

I was just wondering about the altitude drop on the shot. It must have been 20 or 30 feet. At that range, you've got to include calculations for curvature of the Earth affecting your shot. Amazing.
Pretty sure the sniper team would have a hand-held ballistic computer to calculate the scope adjustments required. Then it's down to hands steadier than a surgeons. [&o]
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
sstevens06

Post by sstevens06 »

According to one of the geniuses at ar15.com the drop for a .50 BMG at 3,500 yards is 12,527 inches (over 1,000 feet)!
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: sstevens06

According to one of the geniuses at ar15.com the drop for a .50 BMG at 3,500 yards is 12,527 inches (over 1,000 feet)!
That sounds like a lot for a 10 second air time - 100 feet per second. If that exceeds the rate (terminal velocity) of a bullet dropped from a high tower or cliff, it can't be right.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

ORIGINAL: sstevens06

That sounds like a lot for a 10 second air time - 100 feet per second. If that exceeds the rate (terminal velocity) of a bullet dropped from a high tower or cliff, it can't be right.

Mr. BB is absolutely right.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”