New Triump of the Reich Game 2

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and bitter defeats here.

Moderator: Vic

LJBurstyn

New Triump of the Reich Game 2

Post by LJBurstyn »

Time to start an AAR.

USA first turn is done. Building PP....seems I cannot do a lot in June 1941....waiting to the war to start for me. Guess I could make up the TOE's. Lot fewer units than the SOVIETS. Think that's what I'll do during the July turn. I think turns are a month long...pretty sure.
icym

RE: New Triump of the Reich Game 2

Post by icym »

A few Triumph players have experienced error messages that occur each time they start a new turn. They are warning messages only and play can continue with no problem, but they are a bit annoying.

Ernie and Vic have identified the combination of factors that cause these messages to appear and yesterday Vic provided a private beta patch 226b that will resolve the conflict that triggers the messages.

The patch replaces the existing programme file with a new one. It removes the false messages on both new Triumph games and ones that are already underway.

If you would like the zip file, please let me know.

Larry, I have your email from earlier correspondence in June 2015. If your email has not changed since then, I can send the file directly to you, allowing you to share it with the other players in the game.

LJBurstyn

Post by LJBurstyn »

My email has not changed since 2005. Even tho the company I originally signed onto no longer exists (it was bought out by SpeedConnect--but they kept the email address active). They keep promising to update to a faster configuration (to LTE) but they have run into problems--like the tower collapsing during a really strong storm and the road to the mountaintop tower being washed away by an avalanche caused by the storm. As the tower they moved my server to has a lot of servers, TV stations, radio stations, etc., that are interfering with each other so services has been spotty. Hopefully they'll get the new bigger tower finished soon.
icym

Post by icym »

An email with a zip to update the game to 226b, along with a more up to date version of the game manual has been sent.

I hope it gets through, please let me know if it doesn't.
LJBurstyn

Post by LJBurstyn »

ORIGINAL: icym

An email with a zip to update the game to 226b, along with a more up to date version of the game manual has been sent.

I hope it gets through, please let me know if it doesn't.

Got it. Uploaded version to all my games on Dropbox.
My SPAM filter had it listed as SPAM but I cleared it and my virus checker also cleared it after I installed the 226b version...

Those who want the game manual can download it somewhere...I thought about uploading it to Dropbox but decided not to when my ISP flaked out on me...gee I wish they'd resolve their issues...they say they are working on it and cannot find all the interference causes and will get the new tower up as soon as the Forest Service gets the road FIXED. It's not a priority for the Forest Service people.
falco148

Post by falco148 »

Commonwealth turn has been in Dropbox for over a week now. Lordlau, u somewhere out there...?
LJBurstyn

Post by LJBurstyn »

Hi....what's going on .... the Commonwealth turn is waiting and has been waiting a long time now....where is the player....on vacation? on business trip? had too much stuff and is now in jail? something else?
falco148

Post by falco148 »

Anyone know Lordlau's email address?
falco148

Post by falco148 »

Just sent an email off to Lordlau. Anyone else know what might have happened to him?
falco148

Post by falco148 »

Got reply back from lordlau today. Apparently he hadn't been sent a dropbox invite.
falco148

Post by falco148 »

Lordlau has asked to retire from this game so I guess I will take over Commonwealth as I am British player.
falco148

Post by falco148 »

Commonwealth turn is played. Germany up!
RufusTFirefly

Post by RufusTFirefly »

Guess we have a serious problem here:
Looked at the start screen and checked list of opponents. Cannt find USA in it. Maybe we have to start again.
icym

Post by icym »

When you begin a new game the US does not show in the list of Regimes in the start screen.

The game begins in May 1941 when Regimes set production but cannot move, except for Germany which can tweak its deployment ready for the invasion of Russia.

In June 1941 all regimes move normally and the US enters play, its turn coming after Britain.

If your game does not conform to this description, then there is a problem.

If you haven't ended the British June 1941 turn yet, I am hopeful the US will be in the game (I started a new game on the 9th June and everything was working OK).
RufusTFirefly

Post by RufusTFirefly »

Checked the files in folder Old Turns.There is a file of turn 2 of US and next is turn 3 of Commonwealth. So I guess we are still at turn 2, USA has played its turn, then Commonwealth turn was played and got number 3 although it should be 2. So next turn of Germany and now the turn of Italy were accidently listed as turns 3 but are still turns of second round.

So lets cntinue and hopefully get the game really started after this confusion.

Some confusion that was caused by a long break due to a player who behaved anything but reliable.
icym

Post by icym »

Using a Dropbox link and password provided, I checked the game files and agree with Rufus that confusion has come about because of a miss-numbered save game file. Current turn is June 1941 = Turn 2.

May your game proceed smoothly, good luck to all.
LJBurstyn

Post by LJBurstyn »

I hope I still remember my password when my turn finally shows up.
RufusTFirefly

Post by RufusTFirefly »

I always add a word file with the PW to the folder of the game saves.
LJBurstyn

Post by LJBurstyn »

I wish I'd thought of that...now I fear it is too late. Not sure what my password is now....oh well will have to try several variants until I find or remember the right one.

Okay now whose holding up the game?
falco148

Post by falco148 »

Any chance of getting this going again soon Larry?

Return to “After Action Reports”