Scenario 1: Blue Dawn (spoilers)

Command: Chains of War is a DLC for Command: Modern Operations. 20 minutes into the future, a spark erupts in the Korean peninsula that will lead to a theaterwide conflagration embroiling the entire Western Pacific and drag all major powers into it.
Primarchx

Scenario 1: Blue Dawn (spoilers)

Post by Primarchx »

Scenario ended after 25 minutes (8hr 35min to go). Score was 1300 (Minor Victory).

Took out several targets with artillery and a couple with cruise missiles. Had a package of strike aircraft inbound. Did I achieve the missions goals or did I screw up? Seems like I could of padded the score with many more easy kills.

SIDE: South Korea
===========================================================

LOSSES:
-------------------------------

EXPENDITURES:
------------------
4x Spike NLOS
6x SSM-700K Hae Sung I
544x 155mm/52 HE
5x Hyunmoo 3B
20x 155mm/52 HE Base Bleed
3x AGM-88B HARM

SIDE: North Korea
===========================================================

LOSSES:
-------------------------------
36x 130mm SPG M1975 Self-Propelled Howitzer
1x 611 Sariwon [Impr Tral]
1x Radar (Tall King A [P-14])
3x Radar (Square Tie [Rangout])
6x KN-01 TEL
1x Taechong II

EXPENDITURES:
------------------
1x 23mm Gsh-23L Burst [40 rnds]----------------
mikmykWS

RE: Scenario 1: Blue Dawn (spoilers)

Post by mikmykWS »

You could of continued for more kills but sufficient to proceed.
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Can't believe you didn't try the guided rockets on the Chamsuri PKX-B. It's a pretty awesome system.

Mike
Primarchx

Post by Primarchx »

I just noticed those right before the scenario ended and was running them north. I really like the direction the ROK is going with their navy!
juanchopancho

Post by juanchopancho »

I'm impressed with ROK armed forces overall! [:)]
Eggstor

Post by Eggstor »

You should have gone further. Mike threw in a few bonus targets and surprises.

My campaign run-through ended about 41 minutes in, mostly because I wanted to get the ammo bunkers in what I had hoped to be a precision time-on-target operation, and only air power could do that. The North Koreans went hostile well before that point because I used SLAM-ERs to "help" eliminate the SA-2 site, so my gunners on the islands went to work 15 minutes before I planned on them joining in. They were crack shots, as most of the targets they could reach were laid to waste before the airplanes got there, while the North Korean gunners weren't exactly shooting straight.

While I did get one of the bunkers (as well as 2 ships) to (initially) get my 1300-pass score by the 41-minute mark, I had lost 2 aircraft and was about to lose a third. Still, before the hour was up, every one of the original assigned targets were destroyed.

The North Korean Navy and Air Force came out to die in waves after that, and neither late-arriving heavy artillery nor some well-hidden SSMs had much effect. Indeed, I took out one entire wave of patrol craft that had just launched into the water with one missile (I don't think the boats that are a part of Event 3 should have been right on top of one another). I did lose a couple more aircraft and the radar on one of the islands, but overall things were going well.

Then came the Scud Hunt. I'm just thankful that what rained down on Seoul near the end was mostly stopped by my Patriots and the US THAADs, was conventional, and not the thousands of artillery tubes expected to rain down hundreds of thousands of rounds on Seoul in the opening moments of the resumption of the real Korean War, because I couldn't find the launchers until after the first round was fired and couldn't get ordinance on target until after the second round was fired. I even lost a Global Hawk because something got a sniff of it and a couple of Fulcrums got a visual.

I ended the 9 hours with a score of 4200, while losing 5 Falcons, an Eagle, an Orion and a Global Hawk on the air side, a radar station and a building in Seoul on the ground, and nothing (not even a scratch) on/under the sea. The North Koreans didn't fare nearly as well, as they lost just about everything they sallied forth.

As an aside, aircraft damage is nice.
AlphaSierra

Post by AlphaSierra »

I didn't launch a single fighter for air cover
I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast; for I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones
KungPao

Post by KungPao »

Yes, the AIM-120 on air strike group should be able to take care of NK air threat
Sir? Do you want to order a Kung Pao Chicken or a Kung Fu Chicken?
Gneckes

Post by Gneckes »

Guided rockets? Damn, I have to look into that scenario again.

Me, I launched a fairly big volley of cruise missiles from the KDX-3, and a mix of SLAM-ERs, Taurus KEPD (stealthy and bunker-busting! some fine engineering from my country! [:'(] ) and HARMs from my fighters.

Return to “Command: Chains of War”