Weather implement

Discuss and post your mods and scenarios here for others to download.

Moderator: Vic

Bombur

Weather implement

Post by Bombur »

I´m running in a trouble with my new project (a version of the Old Blitzkrieg Avalon Hill game, using Bombur mod). The scenario is almost ready, but I must implement weather. I´m using the same weather engine used in Bombur mod, which is turn the same engine used in generic.at2 file (with a small adjustment for month calculation). However, instead of creating a random map, I simply filled the slot2 locations with the values I want (1 or 2) while the desert was filled with the value#99. Instead of implementing the climate, however, the game transforms almost everyting in plains (including the sea). I cannot understand what is happening, since the events are the same and the strings are also the same.
ernieschwitz

RE: Weather implement

Post by ernieschwitz »

Check if the event is using the same slot number as the one you are using. When importing stuff these sorts of errors have a knack for happening.
Creator of High Quality Scenarios for:
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
    DC: Warsaw to Paris
    DC: Community Project.
Try this Global WW2 Scenario: https://www.vrdesigns.net/scenario.php?nr=280
Bombur

Post by Bombur »

The slot is ok, next step is to check the stringlists
ernieschwitz

Post by ernieschwitz »

Once upon a time I had a problem with weather that there were swamps everywhere instead of the landscapes that were supposed to be there. I couldn't find out why, or where the code was wrong. So I sent it to Vic, who laboured hard and long, and finally found out that there was an END CHECK too many in the funtion that was made, and that somehow meant that the event above it was also running through that CHECK. I deleted the END CHECK and all was right. Now there's an adventure for you :)
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
Bombur

Post by Bombur »

In your case you created the code, for my scenario I´m already using a code that is working well in random maps. Maybe I can compare the two codes. It will delay the release of this wonderful scenario (sigh).
ernieschwitz

Post by ernieschwitz »

Yes it will.

One of the "wonders" of coding is the chance that you make bugs. Bugs are sometimes hard to find, and squash. Recently I spent two days hunting for bugs. I found a few, but there was one that was particulary evil, and hard to find. In the end though, I did find it. It was a division by 2 instead of by 10...
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
Bombur

Post by Bombur »

One of the reasons of the trouble is that I forgot to check a start date, so the game cannot count the months. However, when I set a date, I still have the sea becoming plain mud when it´s raining. Of course, this is a progress, but it´s not enough. I can set sea to no weather, it would make the game playable for now, as the naval action is scarce. Tomorrow I will work in a better fix.
Bombur

Post by Bombur »

Actually id didn´t work, we are still having graphic glitches, like everything becoming plains and sea becoming land. So I´m considering another possibility
1-Bombur v131 is working well
2-The climate events were copied from Bombur v131
3-The strings are all ok (I checked them)
However, I deleted some events from Bombur mod, it´s possible that these events are influencing the climate, so I will try to restore the original events and see what happens.
Bombur

Post by Bombur »

It worked, climate is ok now.

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”