More Regional Capitals Mod

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario, art and sound modding and the game editor for Distant Worlds.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

Ungweliante

More Regional Capitals Mod

Post by Ungweliante »

This very simple mod will bring the total amount of regional capitals to 18.

Each requires research, namely Planetary Governance, Regional Governance and Galactic Governance. Each can be researched up to VI, and costs as much as the base research of that name.

I made this mod a while ago, with the idea of providing a regional capital for each region of even the largest clustered maps. The added benefit is combating the pirates, which can be quite powerful with normal settings. It's now possible to have small governmental regions in early game, which can be rebuilt progressively larger towards the late game.

To install, simply backup your research.txt and facilities.txt -files in the game directory, and replace with ones in the zip file.

Enjoy !
Attachments
DWUnivers..ap18mod.zip
(15.78 KiB) Downloaded 460 times
rjord2021

RE: More Regional Capitals Mod

Post by rjord2021 »

Very nice......

One thing I noticed is that with facilities.txt the 5th field
PictureRef: index value mapping to image used to display facility (images\environment\planetaryfacilities folder)

goes up to 47 in your text file but the images\environment\planetaryfacilities folder only goes to facility_33.png

People using your mod would need to copy or create images for facility_34.png through to and including facility_47.png
Ungweliante

Post by Ungweliante »

ORIGINAL: rjord1

Very nice......

One thing I noticed is that with facilities.txt the 5th field
PictureRef: index value mapping to image used to display facility (images\environment\planetaryfacilities folder)

goes up to 47 in your text file but the images\environment\planetaryfacilities folder only goes to facility_33.png

People using your mod would need to copy or create images for facility_34.png through to and including facility_47.png

This is a somewhat late reply, but:

For me, the regional capital images seem to work just fine as it is in the planetary screen. No need to copy or create any additional images. Perhaps the game just fetches them up from the Type: 5=RegionalCapital ?

Where they don't show up is the research screen. As they're shown as a sort of list, my humble view is that it looks cleaner when only the topmost research on the list shows the regcap image. The same pic isn't spammed 18 times.
ElvenKind

Post by ElvenKind »

Hi there!

Been playing DWU for some time now, and, had just found out about this mod of yours which I really need. [:)]

I was wondering, after installing your mod, do I need to start a new campaign/game, in order to get it working?
ElvenKind

Post by ElvenKind »

Sorry for double posting..

Has anyone tried this mod?

I have a DWU Version 1.9.5.12, and, had installed these two files as instructed in the first post ( replaced research.txt and facilities.txt -files in the game directory, with the two provided), and now, I start a new game( Humans Prewarp, Large size galaxy, 10x10 sectors, Shakturi off, Shadows on)

and, I research all required Planetary Governance, Regional Governance and Galactic Governance.. but, never get an option to research these new extra regional capitals.

What am I doing wrong?
rjord2021

Post by rjord2021 »

ORIGINAL: ElvenKind

Sorry for double posting..

Has anyone tried this mod?

I have a DWU Version 1.9.5.12, and, had installed these two files as instructed in the first post ( replaced research.txt and facilities.txt -files in the game directory, with the two provided), and now, I start a new game( Humans Prewarp, Large size galaxy, 10x10 sectors, Shakturi off, Shadows on)

and, I research all required Planetary Governance, Regional Governance and Galactic Governance.. but, never get an option to research these new extra regional capitals.

What am I doing wrong?

Were you able to find an answer or still having issues?
ElvenKind

Post by ElvenKind »

Hi rjord1

Yes, I had figured it out. This is my first time modding DWU, and, the problem was that the instructions for the installation were little confusing, and, after searching through DWU folders, I had finally figured that these two modified files NEED to be put in:

\Distant Worlds Universe\Customization\Distant Worlds Original folder, in order to make it work. [:)]

Have to say that this is a great addition to an already great vanilla game. [&o]
logopatico

Post by logopatico »

thank you very much for this!
sneo24

Post by sneo24 »

I integrated this into my own mod and is incredible useful. Add flavor and complement my way of playing perfectly. ThankYou!
Ungweliante

Post by Ungweliante »

ElvenKind, logopatico and sneo24, I'm glad you enjoy it! :)

Return to “Design and Modding”