Language

Fury Games has now signed with Matrix Games, and we are working together on the next Strategic Command. Will use the Slitherine PBEM++ server for asynchronous multi-player.

Moderators: MOD_Strategic_Command_3, Fury Software

Icier

Language

Post by Icier »

I am currently playing a couple of English games & just took on a German Player & we both played the 1st Turn
in German. My problem is that I need the turns now in English & am not sure of how to do it. I realize that
the language icons at the start of the game will change language but when you get into the menu of games & its
shows the german game there is no option.

Any help will be appreciated.
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
Amadeus

RE: Language

Post by Amadeus »

Right, that confuse me too. I have no problem to play in English but when I have the choice I prefer German. What if I overwrite the localization.txt in the main folder? Does this changed the language or do I break anything?
"You have to practice what you preach"(RONALD BELFORD SCOTT)
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

Hi Ice, Amadeus,

As mentioned in the other thread:

Unfortunately the ability to play in your localized language against players in other languages is not currently an option. Previously you were not even able to join a game in another language but players requested this option, as they were comfortable in let's say play a game against a German opponent even if their native language was English, so we now allow it and have the game switch to that language when another language is selected.

But it means you then need to play in that language and this is why the different languages are highlighted in the PBEM++ Lobby.

We will be looking into the ability to play in your own language no matter which language the game was started in, but this might be some time, if at all, as the game will require an extensive redesign in how it handles this as it was unfortunately not designed with this in mind at the outset.

With the current implementation, if you overwrite the localization it shouldn't break anything but then your English opponent will receive in game reports and messages from your turn in German.

Hubert
Amadeus

Post by Amadeus »

As a request from me. The game should always start in English. But if any player join and use a different localization the game may change the language for this player only. I guess we starting new in English but that is not the best solution.
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

Hi Amadeus,

The game can now easily be reset to your language of choice from within the game and at the bottom right hand corner of the MAIN MENU screen by selecting the language flag of your choice.

This way if you start in English and you join a German PBEM game, once you are finished your turn, you can then switch back to English as soon as you get back to the MAIN MENU.

Does this help?

Hubert
Amadeus

Post by Amadeus »

I am not sure about. I am searching for opponents regardless what country he or she is. And yes I already seen the flags you are talking about.

At the moment I play geordietaf but I am not able to switch to German localization for this match 79152 in my turn. Maybe I did something wrong. But when playing my turn and joining to German before it is always switching to English again.
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

Hi Amadeus,

I just looked on the server and it is showing me that this is a match that was originally set up in English, so with the way the game works now you can only play it in English and cannot switch to German localization for the match. It is admittedly a limitation but currently this is how the game works, does this make sense?

Hubert
Amadeus

Post by Amadeus »

No, to be honest.
With Ice I try the Setup in German, match 79151. He only could play in German and now he finished the game. He could not switch to English. We must starting new.
At the moment the game could not serve real Multi Language. Sorry.

Return to “Strategic Command WWII War in Europe”