Decline and Fall German Set Up fail

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Aranthus

Decline and Fall German Set Up fail

Post by Aranthus »

In the attached game using 2.5.1, I am in German Set Up in Decline and Fall scenario. The Germans have an Italian transport that is supposed to set up in Italy. However, there is no hex in Italy that will accept it. Instead an error message appears saying that the hex is not controlled. Tried destroying the transport so I could move on, but the transport keeps coming back from the dead, so that I can't finish German set up, and the game is stuck at that point.
Attachments
Declinean..Problem.zip
(1.48 MiB) Downloaded 2 times
davidachamberlain

RE: Decline and Fall German Set Up fail

Post by davidachamberlain »

ORIGINAL: Aranthus

In the attached game using 2.5.1, I am in German Set Up in Decline and Fall scenario. The Germans have an Italian transport that is supposed to set up in Italy. However, there is no hex in Italy that will accept it. Instead an error message appears saying that the hex is not controlled. Tried destroying the transport so I could move on, but the transport keeps coming back from the dead, so that I can't finish German set up, and the game is stuck at that point.
I see the problem but there is no easy solution.

That unit should not be Italian. It should have become German.

I suggest that you press the Backspace key to delete it and continue on. It won't be a quick fix. Strange that I did not see that in the earlier version when I played that scenario a couple months ago.

Dave
Shannon V. OKeets

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

Just an update on this.

I have tried to fix it 4 times (different days) now without any success.[:@] I'll keep trying.
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
Aranthus

Post by Aranthus »

ORIGINAL: Shannon V. OKeets

Just an update on this.

I have tried to fix it 4 times (different days) now without any success.[:@] I'll keep trying.
Thanks for all your work. I hope the frustration doesn't get you down.
davidachamberlain

Post by davidachamberlain »

Just an update on this.

Steve, is it possible to change the data for that unit? Change it to an Italian TRS that has become German (grey top, green bottom). The problem right now is that it is just Italian. It should not be.

Dave
Shannon V. OKeets

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

ORIGINAL: davidachamberlain

Just an update on this.

Steve, is it possible to change the data for that unit? Change it to an Italian TRS that has become German (grey top, green bottom). The problem right now is that it is just Italian. It should not be.

Dave
This problem does not occur running version 2.5.5.0.
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

Return to “Tech Support”