Distant Worlds 2 News?

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

Colwolf77

RE: Distant Worlds 2 News?

Post by Colwolf77 »

Any chance of a Distant Worlds twitter account getting created? I've found twitter to be an excellent way of letting the community know what kind of progress is being made without too much time commitment from the devs.

@Erik Rutins

Dipluz

Post by Dipluz »

I guess the devs are still busy playing Stellaris with mods, and now also with Utopia released. There is just too little time to code. [:D]

Though Devs, can't you guys throw us a bone soon?
Then I am not talking about the "We are working on something, too early to tell now, will come back when we have something". You have been saying that for what 1.5 years now ?
Cauldyth

Post by Cauldyth »

Utopia kept me entertained for a couple hours, then I went back to waiting for DW2. [:)]
Dipluz

Post by Dipluz »

Blah yeah, im playing a extremely modded version of Stellaris to at least have a game with some content. But I found a DWU Mod I havent tried yet. Considering trying it.

Hattori Hanzo

Post by Hattori Hanzo »

ORIGINAL: Dipluz

Blah yeah, im playing a extremely modded version of Stellaris to at least have a game with some content. But I found a DWU Mod I havent tried yet. Considering trying it.

hi Dipluz, at which DWU mod do you refer ?
Dipluz

Post by Dipluz »

I want to try out Unleashed Extended II seems fun.
Colwolf77

Post by Colwolf77 »

...maybe just a hint that its still being worked on?
Retreat1970

Post by Retreat1970 »

I guessed before it would be out early 18, but now I'm thinking later.
Dipluz

Post by Dipluz »

ORIGINAL: Retreat1970

I guessed before it would be out early 18, but now I'm thinking later.

or never...... [X(]
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

We are working on it, believe me, just still can't say much more than that. [8D]
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Icemania

Post by Icemania »

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins
We are working on it, believe me, just still can't say much more than that. [8D]
Stellaris had 32 developer diaries before the game was released. Between that and Twitter teasers, they were frequently sprayed all over the internet, helping grow interest in the game. I understand the need to focus on development time but gees it would be wonderful to have *something* cool to talk about. Anyway, one has to try ... [8D]

Stellaris Developer Diaries
hein

Post by hein »

And something to buzz with
Dipluz

Post by Dipluz »

ORIGINAL: Icemania
ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins
Stellaris had 32 developer diaries before the game was released. Between that and Twitter teasers, they were frequently sprayed all over the internet, helping grow interest in the game. I understand the need to focus on development time but gees it would be wonderful to have *something* cool to talk about. Anyway, one has to try ... [8D]

Stellaris Developer Diaries

My exact thinking, create a little buzz and make people itchy.
Put some stupid disclaimer on the end, that it might not still end in the finished game.
Just give us something, it could be content, it could be a date / year / century?
Retreat1970

Post by Retreat1970 »

This is the third time they've said "We're working on it and we can't say anything" so It's pointless to ask anymore as it seems they're sticking to that statement. It is what it is.
Cauldyth

Post by Cauldyth »

Even an ambiguous, blurry screenshot. Then we can spend the next 6 months over-analyzing it! [:D]
Ranbir

Post by Ranbir »

Sometimes all the secrecy scares me into thinking DW2 will be too radically different and a lot of the systems that Universe has will get put aside.
"The imaginary number is a fine and wonderful resource of the human spirit, almost an amphibian between being and not being." - Gottfried Leibniz
Dipluz

Post by Dipluz »

ORIGINAL: Retreat1970

This is the third time they've said "We're working on it and we can't say anything" so It's pointless to ask anymore as it seems they're sticking to that statement. It is what it is.

Well they have been saying it for what almost 2-years now. So I guess it could help to let em raise their heads of the computer screen and maybe, give us at least a screensaver [:D]
Dipluz

Post by Dipluz »

ORIGINAL: Ranbir

Sometimes all the secrecy scares me into thinking DW2 will be too radically different and a lot of the systems that Universe has will get put aside.

I highly doubt that, though I do belivie they will create a new 64-bit engine. Considering the 32-bit they had really scrapes what you can possible do on max size galaxy with a large amount of empires, planets etc.

And working in the IT business myself I guess its this that takes so much time, they probably with their answers the last 1-2 years is also why they haven't really gotten to the point of what new type of content comes this time.
Retreat1970

Post by Retreat1970 »

I think that too sometimes.
Demonius

Post by Demonius »

It will turn out to be a rainbow unicorn Pony Simulator called "Distant Stables"

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”