Changing Unit Values for v3.42

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: Erik2, Lukas

AceDuceTrey

Changing Unit Values for v3.42

Post by AceDuceTrey »

In version 2.48 I was able to change certain unit values. But now that I have installed
the V3.42 upgrade the game won't upload. What procedure is needed to make changes in v3.42?
AceDuceTrey

RE: Changing Unit Values for v3.42

Post by AceDuceTrey »

Maybe I was not clear enough to understand my problem. The units file has numerous errors in
unit values and capabilities. The game as it stands now with the player having no capability
to make critical changes to the unit file is falling short of its potential. If effecting
changes at the "player" level is not possible can you please consider a SW upgrade to allow
this in the future?[&o]
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

I think you need to copy the 3.42 units.csv file to your mod and redo your changes.
I've had similar problems in the past with other stuff because the format was changed for some reason.

I have plans for modding units, but personally I will wait until we hopefully at some point get a more robust modding system.
As for the units.csv file I've asked for this:
1)The modded units file should contain the modded unit entries only (and new units with their unique IDs).
2)The game should first load the official file, then the modded file over-writing entries with the same ID and add entries with unique IDs.

Hope that made sense [:)]
AceDuceTrey

Post by AceDuceTrey »

Thanks Erik. I have already enjoyed numerous hours playing this game even if some of the
units are not accurately represented or available. If an improved modding version is in the
works I hope new units and roles can be added too!
AceDuceTrey

Post by AceDuceTrey »

One more problem: When I try to replace double values in cells (separated by a hyphen), I
keep getting a DATE instead of the two values. This happens in all "dashed" cells. Can
some Excel guru tell me how to change all new/re entries from dates to numerical values?
I looked everywhere and can't find any input options that allow these entries!
bru888

Post by bru888 »

Are you talking about this? In cell B-4, I typed 3-7 and Excel converted it to March 7. That's because the default "General" number format was set in that cell as it is in the entire worksheet. In cell B-5, I changed the number format to "Text" before I entered 3-7 and it stayed that way. However, I don't know if this will work properly in units.csv for game purposes.
Attachments
2017-07-15_07.jpg
2017-07-15_07.jpg (54.18 KiB) Viewed 155 times
bru888

Post by bru888 »

Oh, I see what the deal is. When you first import units.csv into Excel (Delimited: Semicolon), you have the opportunity to convert column data formats from General to either Text or Date.

You actually need to do that for certain columns, else the data imports as dates (at least in the test that I did). Once you do that, you can enter "3-7" and have it stay that way.

Unfortunately, I don't have any real experience working with units.csv so that's as much as I can help you.
Attachments
20170715_08.jpg
20170715_08.jpg (125.79 KiB) Viewed 155 times

Return to “Tech Support”