Frozen frogs! Stef78 (axis) Stelteck (Russia) - Stelteck welcome

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

Dinglir

RE: Winter is coming!

Post by Dinglir »

ORIGINAL: Stelteck

Comrades, the encercled heroic defenders of moscow are begging for help, will you let them down ?

It is anti revolutionary behavior to suggest that the proletariat citizens of Moscow would be begging for, or even in need of, assistance.

Unless you begin to become more careful in your choice of words, Commissar Stelteck, I will have you reported to higher authorities.
To be is to do -- Socrates
To do is to be -- Jean-Paul Sartre
Do be do be do -- Frank Sinatra
STEF78

Blizzard!

Post by STEF78 »

Turn 26, 11th december 1941

We are on the defensive and suffer several retreats as scheduled. We proved to be unable to keep Moscow encircled. LVIIth Pzk under Hans Hube fought bravely in Lyubertsy and the russians paid the price for it. We lost some AFV in the retreat [:(]

And the nasty partisans are back

We counterattacked immediatly in Lyubertsly

GHC 9-0-3
SHC 10-0-4
Stelteck

RE: Blizzard!

Post by Stelteck »

The LVII corps was punished for its previous wrongdoing.

Although most panzers destroyed were Pz38 and troops probably happy to loose these obsolete tanks.
Brakes are for cowards !!
STEF78

Post by STEF78 »

ORIGINAL: Stelteck

The LVII corps was punished for its previous wrongdoing.

Although most panzers destroyed were Pz38 and troops probably happy to loose these obsolete tanks.
Pz losses in 1941 aren't effectively an issue. These are useless AFV against T34
GHC 9-0-3
SHC 10-0-4
Stelteck

Post by Stelteck »

You can shoot and destroy as many T-34 as you want !!! But please spare T-26, BT-7 and T-60 i really need light tanks to fill my tanks brigades....[&o]

I noticed that i also killed a lot of.... german T-26.
M60A3TTS

Post by M60A3TTS »

Since light tanks have a survival rate of like .0005% I wouldn't sweat it.
bigbaba

Post by bigbaba »

great Wehrmacht tactic to let the Soviets scrap the junk tanks. it's a back breaking work after all.:)
Dinglir

Post by Dinglir »

ORIGINAL: STEF78
Pz losses in 1941 aren't effectively an issue. These are useless AFV against T34

Based on my game versus Hermann, he might argue differently.

I would certainly argue that taking away the German Panzers from the Wehrmacht setup in 1941 would leave the Germans in deep trouble (to say the least).

If losses are kept at a reasonable level, the German production system can replace them over the winter. But there is a tipping point where losses becomes to great to manage.
STEF78

Blizzard!

Post by STEF78 »

Turn 27, 18th december 1941

Pressure is increasing around Moscow. Stelteck seems to have concentrated the best part of his units and all of his Cav corps in this area. I'm weak in front of Kalugaa.

I do my best to conterattack whenever it's possible.

Near Kalinin:

Near Moscow

GHC 9-0-3
SHC 10-0-4
STEF78

Blizzard!

Post by STEF78 »

Turn 27, 18th december 1941

Russians attempt to gain ground in the South

But I feel safe, russain offensive is too weak.

I'm now sure that main russian effort will be around Moscow. I decide to resume offensive in the north!

GHC 9-0-3
SHC 10-0-4
STEF78

Blizzard!

Post by STEF78 »

And a view of the losses

and the OOB

GHC 9-0-3
SHC 10-0-4
chaos45

Post by chaos45 »

This is looking to be a good solid game.
Dinglir

Post by Dinglir »

I think Stelteck is making a mistake by letting his tank Brigades defend alone in a hex (like in the north).

While the losses in AFV are almost irrelevant, I am a little more concerned about how many vehicles he is losing.

Can you do a check next time you attack a single Tank Brigade? Check "Vehicles captured from the enemy" before and after the attack? The number lost by stelteck should then be somewhat greater than this number

If you couldn't be bothered that's OK to - I'll just check myself when I get the chance.
Stelteck

Post by Stelteck »

Even tanks brigade have to fight for the mother land !! My unit list is nearly complete now but i could still use twice my current division numbers.

The offensive has began, but resistance is strong. +1 attack bonus allow me to disloge even 3 panzer divisions if i managed to attack enough time with 100K men, but at a cost of tremendous looses.
Around moscow, each massive repeated attack on one hex cost me also 10 to 20 AP points to optimize the chain of command each time and to avoid overloading the central front managed by jukov.

I need a ratio 3 to 1 soviet divisions relative to german one to begin to have interesting effects during attack, such as an increase of ennemy looses, ennemy ammunition expanse and reduction of ennemy theorical combat capability. It is working far better when the ennemy have already red level ammunition due to a previous attack.

This previous attack have to be strong too or the ennemy will not fire at will and not use much ammunitions.

The blizzard weaken the ennemy, but make my troops also very slow and it is a pain to move forward. It also kill 3200 trucks each turn to supply my army.
It is also a pain to keep the ground conquered because it slow my ability to built fortifications on the conquered land big time.

In the mild winter configuration, there is no special problem with german to attack. (Such as the moral looses and extra damage of harsh winter configuration). And it make the battle interesting with lots of action, stroke and counter stroke.

boudi

RE: Partisans strike back!

Post by boudi »

What Stelteck does to have as much partisans ?? I count more than 10 units in this portion of the map ! (post dated from 5/29/2017 5:41:48 PM )

In october 30th 1941, in my game, i have only 3 poors unready partisans units on the whole map, with the 1.10 and next the 1.11 patch.

I have some VVS units, with LB and TR, set on night mission, next to the front. What can i do more in order to have more Partisans ?
Stelteck

Post by Stelteck »

Partisans are often created from destroyed units. Maybe you did not loose enough troops ? [:D]

If you play against the AI, the AI have always hard coded perfect garnison in cities which did not help partisan creation.

I will give you how much partisan units i have in the entire front tonight when i will read my turn.
boudi

Post by boudi »

Thank you for your fast reply Stelteck, and by the way for you wonderful defense at Moscow.

I could try to lost more units, but i'm not sure that it could be a good idea. [:D]

More seriously, i don't know how many units i have to lost in order to have a decent number of partisan units.

Since june 22th 1941 after 21 turns, according my destroyed units screen, i loose more or less 100 divisions, 50 during the first 3 turns.

It's a multiplayers game.

And thank you to Stef78 for his AARs.

Stelteck

Post by Stelteck »

I can only provide data at mid january, but i currently have 57 partisans squads in various shape.
2 new have been created this turn.

But they are not very active this winter. This turn no attack at all for example.

STEF78

Post by STEF78 »

ORIGINAL: Dinglir

I think Stelteck is making a mistake by letting his tank Brigades defend alone in a hex (like in the north).

While the losses in AFV are almost irrelevant, I am a little more concerned about how many vehicles he is losing.

Can you do a check next time you attack a single Tank Brigade? Check "Vehicles captured from the enemy" before and after the attack? The number lost by stelteck should then be somewhat greater than this number

If you couldn't be bothered that's OK to - I'll just check myself when I get the chance.
I did this attack especially for you but didn't read enough carefully your post and didn't check the pool... sorry [:(]

GHC 9-0-3
SHC 10-0-4
STEF78

Blizzard!

Post by STEF78 »

Turn 28, 25th december 1941

Blizzard is still on and so is russian offensive

Kalinin
Kalinin has Fallen! Sad, cities constitute strong anchors during blizzard

ImageMoscow

LVIth Pzk is holding in Mytisch against heavy attacks

Kaluga
Kaluga was almost lost!

Strong counterattacks. Kaluga must hold!

GHC 9-0-3
SHC 10-0-4

Return to “After Action Reports”