Lol Developer gets banned by Steam....

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

aaatoysandmore

Lol Developer gets banned by Steam....

Post by aaatoysandmore »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuzKaNnyKJg

Threatens to sue users for posting bad reviews.
Greybriar

RE: Lol Developer gets banned by Steam....

Post by Greybriar »

The audacity of some people never ceases to amaze me. That developer was banned from Steam and his games removed because he fraudulently created numerous Steam accounts in order to give his games good reviews. Then after Steam banned him he somehow got another of his games, Secret Doctrine, put in the Steam store. Then he banned one of the players from the game's discussion forum and threatened legal action because s/he had posted negative comments about the game in the Secret Doctrine discussions. What a loser! [:@]
This war is not about slavery. --Robert E. Lee
TulliusDetritus

Post by TulliusDetritus »

Thanks for the summary, Greybriar. I really detest the youtubers (aka clickbaits). All of them, no exceptions.

So he created lots of parody accounts. How original.
"Hitler is a horrible sexual degenerate, a dangerous fool" - Mussolini, circa 1934
E

Post by E »

ORIGINAL: TulliusDetritus
Thanks for the summary, Greybriar. I really detest the youtubers (aka clickbaits). All of them, no exceptions.
Does that stand for the click baiting on this site?

"Lose" is the opposite of "win." "Loose" is the opposite of "tight."

Friends Don't Let Friends Facebook.

Twitter is for... (wait for it!) ...Twits!
TulliusDetritus

ORIGINAL: E
Does that stand for the click baiting on this site?

No.

They are becoming a true pest (on youtube). Lately, when I try to find some videos (news in general: I never watch TV, so that's how I get to see audiovisual stuff) I get this: video starts and there we go, the face of some Mr Nobody in his bedroom commenting, lecturing, pontificating about the topic ie new I am looking for. It's "aggggghhhhhh, nooooo, this sh*t again" + close video + next try: another clown in his bedroom... Rinse and repeat.

They are literally infesting youtube. All I want is a filter: "youtubers off"...
"Hitler is a horrible sexual degenerate, a dangerous fool" - Mussolini, circa 1934
wings7

Post by wings7 »

ORIGINAL: TulliusDetritus

Lately, when I try to find some videos (news in general: I never watch TV,

Reliable world news really only comes from Cable & Network outlets...
Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427
Lobster

Post by Lobster »

Reliable news. Now there's an oxymoron. [;)]
http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I’m not sure about the universe-Einstein

Q: What do you call a boomerang that doesn’t come back?
A: A stick.
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

+1
Jagdtiger14

Post by Jagdtiger14 »

Reliable world news really only comes from Cable & Network outlets...

Hahahahahahahahahahaha, haaaaaahahahahaha!

Really?

Any 'news source' that uses anonymous sources is not reliable. Now tell me which outlet(s) that would be?

Conflict with the unexpected: two qualities are indispensable; first, an intellect which, even in the midst of this obscurity, is not without some traces of inner light which lead to the truth; second, the courage to follow this faint light. KvC
Qwixt

Post by Qwixt »

Sure as hell isn't fox news [:D] The Washington post used anonymous sources to bring down Nixon, and the source remained anonymous for decades.

Basically, what wings is saying is don't be "special" and believe everything you read and see on the internet.

Like Tillius, I don't bother with youtube links either.
JWW

Post by JWW »

This comment is not going to be political, though it may sound like it to some. I'm speaking professionally, not politically. If it is taken a something political, I apologize.

The ideal of objective journalism in the United States is dead. My university degree is in newspaper journalism, 1977. At that time I was taught that there were two important qualities of objectivity in journalism. First was, obviously, be objective and neutral. Do not let your pre-existing opinions interfere with your reporting. Get all sides of a story and report objectively and as accurately as possible. Second was that the press had a natural adversarial role regarding government. That may seem to partially contradict the first point. But the point was that reporters were to be naturally skeptical of government. This dynamic was established in the Bill of Rights of the US Constitution which guaranteed a free press. Free from what? From government control or interference or censorship of course. After all, the Bill of Rights is at its simplest a list of limitations on the government. Read the First Amendment. " CONGRESS SHALL MAKE NO LAW respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." The press is protected from government interference and control. This adversarial relationship with government reflects the First Amendment.

That doesn't mean that the press has to always attack the government. Objectivity would be writing about the good things the government does as well as the bad. But it would not mean cozying up with a certain political party or individual due to political beliefs or attacking another party or individual due to political beliefs.

In America today we simply have to look at the cable news networks to see how this has broken down. During the Obama administration we had two of the major cable news networks in full support of Obama and one in opposition. Today we see the opposite with the Trump administration, two in full attack mode and one in support mode. The reporting was not objective during the Obama administration and is not today in the Trump administration.

During my too long life I worked a couple of years as a newspaper reporter for a small regional US daily newspaper and got to see things from that side. The last part of my military career I worked in what the US Army calls public affairs. You might call it public relations or something worse, though I never lied to a reporter and was never supposed to lie. "I can't comment on ongoing operations" is not a lie, for example. If lies were told, they were left for the people wearing suits in Washington. I got to see reporting from the other side. I got to see reporters from US national media, for example, do stories that had nothing to do with facts but that were entirely expressing a pre-existing point of view. I have some stories I could tell about that regarding my few encounters with natonal network reporters, but I won't here. This would have been the late 80s and early 90s, a long time ago.

When I was a newspaper reporter, I never went into a story with a point of view. I went into a story trying to report the facts as best I could, no matter where the facts led me. And I was young and naive enough to believe that this is the way it should be. There are not too many reporters like that in major media any longer. TV drives everything. Ratings drive TV. You can tell how a specific network will report a story based on which network it is. And people turn to the sources that support and reinforce their already existing views. Truth is lost.

I believe if you want to find objective reporting, you mainly have to look on line for it. But there is so much crap on line, as noted above, that it is hard to find objectivity. There is a lot of bad stuff out there, but if you keep an open mind and read a variety of sources, even ones you know are biased, you can begin to see a glimmer of the truth sometimes. For example, every morning I watch a little of CNN, MSNBC, and Fox News. I know that none of those three are objective, but there is a truth there if you listen to all of them skeptically and then do a little filtering.

VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

May I remind you all that the original topic is "Developer gets banned by Steam....".
Please stay on topic and don't post political comments.
wodin

Post by wodin »

Was going to try a YouTube channel with AWNT but changed my mind. For starters to much time needed to invest in it and also I never watch them myself so why would I then go do one. I still prefer to read something. We are going to launch a Podcast though.
TulliusDetritus

ORIGINAL: wodin

Was going to try a YouTube channel with AWNT but changed my mind. For starters to much time needed to invest in it and also I never watch them myself so why would I then go do one. I still prefer to read something. We are going to launch a Podcast though.

LOL I hope my words (ie my own personal preference) did not convince you!

You would be making reviews, I assume like in your blog, and this has nothing to do with the infestation I was talking about ("professional youtubers" aka clickbait merchants). You're selling your concrete product, not tricking the pour souls out there. "I came here to learn how to grow potatoes and all I get is you (aka random youtuber) playing your silly game and hear hysterical rants...".

Youtube is just another available door, why would you refuse to leave it open (massive public out there)?
Jagdtiger14

Post by Jagdtiger14 »

Thank you JW!!!

Its been a long time since my wife and I watched any television (January 20, to be specific). But I spend many hours on-line per day...very little if any of it watching youtubers though. I do go to youtube to watch gameplay of games I might be considering.
Conflict with the unexpected: two qualities are indispensable; first, an intellect which, even in the midst of this obscurity, is not without some traces of inner light which lead to the truth; second, the courage to follow this faint light. KvC
JWW

Post by JWW »

I would much rather read something than watch a video about it myself, no matter the subject. Videos are such a big time investment.

When it comes to gaming, I can think of one written guide in particular that is simply genius. This is the Timotheus New Guy Newbie Guide to Distant Worlds Universe. It is the best and most entertaining how-to-play game guide I have ever read.

tm.asp?m=3508583

I followed that guide step by step all the way through, reading the guide on my iPad while playing the game on my computer. It is brilliant. I cannot see how it can be equaled by a video guide.

I think the same is true for so many things on video.

warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: JW

I would much rather read something than watch a video about it myself, no matter the subject. Videos are such a big time investment.

I followed that guide step by step all the way through, reading the guide on my iPad while playing the game on my computer. It is brilliant. I cannot see how it can be equaled by a video guide.

warspite1

You make a good point, although I think that there are exceptions; the video tutorials for DC: Barbarossa were brilliant. They were short, to the point and got me playing very quickly.
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
JWW

Post by JWW »

ORIGINAL: warspite1

ORIGINAL: JW

warspite1

You make a good point, although I think that there are exceptions; the video tutorials for DC: Barbarossa were brilliant. They were short, to the point and got me playing very quickly.

I do like the video tutorial series that are short and to the point and allow you to do just one thing at a time.

Return to “General Discussion”