spotting of enemy artillery

The new Cold War turned hot wargame from On Target Simulations, now expanded with the Player's Edition! Choose the NATO or Soviet forces in one of many scenarios or two linked campaigns. No effort was spared to model modern warfare realistically, including armor, infantry, helicopters, air support, artillery, electronic warfare, chemical and nuclear weapons. An innovative new asynchronous turn order means that OODA loops and various effects on C3 are accurately modeled as never before.

Moderators: WildCatNL, cbelva, IronManBeta, CapnDarwin, IronMikeGolf, Mad Russian

stasv

spotting of enemy artillery

Post by stasv »

1. As I recoll in the very early version of the game we could sometimes spot enemy artillery units like the way we now are getting informed about an enemy staff unit- a message window shows up that says there is enemy in the hex and so on. Or I am mistaken? If I am not wrong why it never happens now? I guess it is much easier to spot a battery of cannons than a staff.

2. How to use vehicles like SNAR10? They were in one scenario but I didnt get what to do.
CapnDarwin

RE: spotting of enemy artillery

Post by CapnDarwin »

For #1 there are dialog boxes that come up on occasions stating off-map arty losses or counter battery use. For the on-map I don't remember off the top of my head. You can set on-map arty to counter-battery on-map assets. I'll have to ask the rest of the crew on that.

For #2, there are some vehicles like the SNAR-10 that are recon with ground search radars. That is a function that is not active in the game engine yet. They function as normal recon right now.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
stasv

Post by stasv »

ORIGINAL: Capn Darwin

For the on-map I don't remember off the top of my head.
Yeah, I'm saying about this. Before there were dialog boxes too, but last two patch (at least) there were nothing for onmap, and C-B fire works only for off map units, it doesnt react to on map batteries!
Panzer_Leader

Post by Panzer_Leader »

ORIGINAL: stasv

Yeah, I'm saying about this. Before there were dialog boxes too, but last two patch (at least) there were nothing for onmap, and C-B fire works only for off map units, it doesnt react to on map batteries!

Good point. I noticed this in mission #2 of the GE Schoolteacher campaign, which I'm just finishing. I had the M110 battery set to counter-battery and it never detected and fired a counter-battery mission, which I thought was odd but put down to rolls of the dice going against me. Perhaps it's more fundamental and related to the latest patch(es)?
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

Rob and I will be chatting at Origins and can look into this more.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC

Return to “Flashpoint Campaigns Classic”