Are submarines able to carry cargo?

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

MrGandi

Are submarines able to carry cargo?

Post by MrGandi »

Hi all,

After playing around with the awesome cargo feature I assume that all submarines even carrying a dry dock shelter are not able to carry personal as cargo load which could be deployed vie SEAL SDV for example?
The SEAL SDV itself is also not able to carry personal.

A 7m RHIB on the other hand is able to carry personal if the cargo is loaded into it before it itself gets attached/loaded into a submarine carrying a DDS.

Is that right?
Dysta

RE: Are submarines able to carry cargo?

Post by Dysta »

Hmm, tried on editor and I couldn't see any option to load SEAL Commando into SDV. The SDV is originally no weapon (SEAL), but then I added it and empty it out, but still will not reload from LA Sub.

I think it's not yet implemented for ship/sub-to-ship/sub cargo transfer yet.
Dan109

RE: Are submarines able to carry cargo?

Post by Dan109 »

Well, if you can dock, you can load/unload cargo. Besides not being able to be setup in the database, I'm not sure if sub operations are coded to unload while at sea. I suppose like any ship, the sub could beach itself, but a few bugs with that mentioned on the cargo issues thread I opened. SE_UnloadCargo would hopefully allow to override any shortcomings, but that's still in beta.

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”