V1.04 question

Fury Games has now signed with Matrix Games, and we are working together on the next Strategic Command. Will use the Slitherine PBEM++ server for asynchronous multi-player.

Moderators: MOD_Strategic_Command_3, Fury Software

Birdw

V1.04 question

Post by Birdw »

- in the 1939 campaign the arrival locations of the Italian HQ and Corps in February 1940 can now be deployed anywhere within Italian territory (battlevonwar).

Does this mean that they can only be placed on the Italian mainland? North Africa (Libya) is Italian territory and I can not deploy the new HQ and Corps in North Africa
Birdman

It's just like shooting squirrels, only these squirrels have guns
Ancient One

RE: V1.04 question

Post by Ancient One »

I asked the same in the following thread. I doubt it's supposed to be like this.

tm.asp?m=4295483
Birdw

Post by Birdw »

You can't even deploy them in Sicily.
Birdman

xwormwood

Post by xwormwood »

Sounds historically correct to me.
"You will be dead, so long as you refuse to die" (George MacDonald)
Birdw

Post by Birdw »

I see. Marshal Graziani commanded over 300,000 Italians troops in North Africa in September of 1940 and you think it is historical that there isn't even an Italian HQ in North Africa? To put it in perspective the UK forces in September of 1940 amounted to 36,000 men. In game terms the UK gets an HQ, Army, and Corps =36,000 men. The Italians? 1 Army and 2 Garrisons = 300,000. I have to disagree even taking into account the poor leadership and logistics of the Italians.

It make sense to me that the Italians could have chosen to deploy their forces in other place instead of North Africa and that is what the change is supposed to represent(I think). However, if the Italians want the troops to be in North Africa they should have the option to deploy them anywhere that is Italian controlled including Sicily and or North Africa. The whole change is a "what if" situation. It makes no sense to only allow them to deploy those troops and HQ only in the Italian mainland. If that is how the change was designed then it is just another attempt to weaken the Axis in the Mediterranean. Aren't the new supply rules enough? As it stands now the Italians should also be awarded another 100 MPP's to pay for the shipping of those units to North Africa.

Just my Opinion
Birdman

BillRunacre

Post by BillRunacre »

Hi everyone

The change was made because in some games, the locations set for the arrival of these Italian units were being captured by the Allies before their deployment date arrived, which was unfairly penalizing the Axis as they wouldn't then receive these units. More frustratingly, they would appear every turn as New Units, but unless their arrival location could be recaptured, they could never be deployed.

The change was made purely to avoid this, and I can see now that it should have said:

- in the 1939 campaign the arrival locations of the Italian HQ and Corps in February 1940 can now be deployed anywhere within mainland Italy (battlevonwar).

I think that I may have missed adding some more MPPs to Italy's starting balance to enable her to transport them to Africa. I'll look into this for the next update.
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/
Birdw

Post by Birdw »

Thank you Bill, I'm loving the game and I'm sure I spend much to much time playing it.
Birdman

Return to “Strategic Command WWII War in Europe”