What's New

Frank Hunter's Campaigns on the Danube is an operational study of the campaigns along the Danube in 1805 and 1809. Campaigns on the Danube's system focuses on trying to present the player with the same sort of decisions placed on their historical counterparts; how to feed an army and move that army according to a plan, all the while trying to fight a campaign. There is also an option to allow players to play out the battles with miniatures and input the results.
Rasputitsa

What's New

Post by Rasputitsa »

The changelog shows 50 minor fixes, some promoted by forum input, which is nice to see, so now there is a competition to find the 50 fixes.[:D]

Here's one new feature :

Stacks of enemy units were previously shown as one counter only, the number of units in the stack was shown in the top info bar with a mouse-over, but now you can shuffle through (right-click) enemy stacks and see the individual units, including when enemy units are stacked with friendly units. However, there is no guarantee that all the enemy units are being shown.

Also :

During turn resolution additional information panels ares being shown, but sometimes the text is brief and seems incomplete, so that it is not always clear what has happened, it would help if the hex highlight would show to indicate where the message applies. The message contains the hex co-ordinates, but the map is frozen while the info box is on screen and the player cannot scan for the hex to see where the message applies.

Is it possible that these messages can be archived in the 'Intelligence Report', so that the player can review the messages when the next turn starts and there is full control of the screen to see the event hexes and units involved.
"In politics stupidity is not a handicap" - Napoleon

“A people which is able to say everything becomes able to do everything” - Napoleon

“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress" - Napoleon
FrankHunter

RE: What's New

Post by FrankHunter »

Thank you for catching these, I ran games over and over with different options trying to catch everything but it wasn't to be. I will fix these issues asap.
Rasputitsa

Post by Rasputitsa »

ORIGINAL: FrankHunter

Thank you for catching these, I ran games over and over with different options trying to catch everything but it wasn't to be. I will fix these issues asap.

Thanks Frank, it's good to hear from you. I haven't progressed far with v3.05, but so far it's very impressive with no real problems. My excuse is in finishing off an AAR in PFE and all the summer jobs that have to be done, but you have produced a game which almost becomes a way of life. PFE comments here :

tm.asp?m=4317627

“A people which is able to say everything becomes able to do everything” - Napoleon

Rasputitsa

Post by Rasputitsa »

The comments in the first thread are not so much issues, but what seems to be new features, which are much appreciated. Having report information archived in the 'Intelligence Report', with hex co-ordinates, or hex highlight, would be a big help, as the information only stays on screen until you click to continue turn resolution, then it is lost.

There doesn't seem much wrong with v3.05, as seeing the enemy units stacked is a bonus and improves the game, as they are still in FOW, with minimal, but valid information on unit identity and type.

Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

Thank you Frank for v3.05 and your continued support. Looking forward to v3.06....

Return to “Campaigns on the Danube 1805 - 1809”