New map for WITE

Post new scenarios and mods here to share with other gamers.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, bcgames

RealChuckB

RE: New map for WITE

Post by RealChuckB »

ORIGINAL: JohnWH

I recently bought a new PC and had to reinstall War in the East. On my old PC, I had downloaded the graphics upgrade that Jison had created and would like to do this on my new PC. I've downloaded the MapMod.WitE.September file - which I think is Jison's file - but can't remember the process for installing it. Could someone help me with this? Thanks!

Hi, I'm not in front of my PC but if I rembebevr correctly, Jison's file comes in an archive (ZIP or RAR). You have to decrompress this archive (normally by simply double-clicking) and within the archive there is a "Dat" folder (that contains some more folders). You simply have to copy this "Dat" folder (wich all of its content) into the WitE folder (which also contains a "Dat" folder) and Windows will ask you if you want to overwrite the existing files. The answer to this is "yes to all" and it will take a bit but you should be good to go.

ATTENTION: you are really overwriting the existing files within the "Dat" files with Jison's modified files, if you want to keep the original ones, you would have to do a backup of the "Dat" folder first but there is (in my opinion) really no reason to do so, every fresh install will get you back to the default.

I hope this helps!
JohnWH

Post by JohnWH »

Hi Chuck -

Great - I'll give this a try.

Thanks for your help!
Jace11

Post by Jace11 »

I made a weather map for Chemkids aRainyDay Map,

Please find it attached, it goes in your GUI folder.
Attachments
WeatherInfo.zip
(1.42 MiB) Downloaded 119 times
Jace11

Post by Jace11 »

Is there a version of this map with the Sweden Denmark and map key areas included? Its a fantastic map but it looks a little weird in winter with the snow, ice and weather effects over the water in the top left corner.
EwaldvonKleist

Post by EwaldvonKleist »

What do you mean with "weather map"?
Jace11

Post by Jace11 »

Weather Zones,

There isn't one in the ARainyDay map mod, though there is one in the original MapMod.WitE.September, though I only found that out after I made one. Its not important really.

Attachments
Untitled1.jpg
Untitled1.jpg (136.36 KiB) Viewed 668 times
EwaldvonKleist

Post by EwaldvonKleist »

Ok, thanks for the clarification :)
topeverest

Post by topeverest »

Hagar,

I downloaded the Sept - mod

OUTSTANDING

Question, do I need these other two?

ORIGINAL: Hagar

There are several options for download lurking on the forums, but I have them as a separate download link in my archives for one:
MapMod.WitE.September
aRainyDayInRussia
aRainyDayInRussia mapfix
Andy M
topeverest

Post by topeverest »

Eye candy to be sure - I am struggling to adjust to the new soft factor - I used the color codes - it will take some time to adjust.
Andy M
cpcunningham

Post by cpcunningham »

I seem to be having problems bringing up the rail line status icons on the modded map? Anyone experience this?
thx
cc
Aufklaerungs

Post by Aufklaerungs »

I believe it works differently with the mod. You don't get the whole network displayed with green, red and amber buttons- Original art. The only display you see are yellow railroad track section symbols for all unconverted/ damaged rail hexes. Make sure you have no selected unit boxes open when you open the railnet feature. I believe the map still displays an illuminated area for hexes that railheads are supplying.
Aufklärungs
thedoctorking

Post by thedoctorking »

Can somebody explain the counter depiction for me? I figured out that the little lines on the left side of the unit type are the "soft factor", but what is the little dot on the right side?

This is in the "Rainy Day" version if there's a difference.
reggimann

Post by reggimann »

I can't seem to download this map pack anymore, Json's footer link doesn't work :(

Edit: You can find a mirror in this post
WitP-AE - WitE - WitW
Aufklaerungs

Post by Aufklaerungs »

I believe they replace the triangle visual in upper right corner on the stock counter that display all, some or no remaining (unused) movement factors (Jison version: white circle - all MPs are available, tick marks - some used, some remaining, no marks - no MPs remaining).
Aufklärungs
chemkid

Post by chemkid »

Aufklaerungs

Post by Aufklaerungs »

Thanks for the heads-up, Robert. Please post a link to your web space or to a Matrix forum post with the URL. Also very interested in any Tiller PzC or PzB art. Thanks for all your contributions to increase gamers' enjoyment and interest.
Aufklärungs
MaxRobespierre

Post by MaxRobespierre »

When I try to use your link Jison I only get a 404 not found error could you help me please?
Aufklaerungs

Post by Aufklaerungs »

MaxRobespierre

Try the links on post 337

Would be nice if we could get Matrix to host these for posterity and new members.
Aufklärungs
morvael

Post by morvael »

What about this link? It's a sticky so it should be pretty easy to find.

fb.asp?m=4031161

I host the files on my Google Drive.
vossiewulf

Post by vossiewulf »

I downloaded this map and very much like the improvement but I found it a little faded for my tastes with a bluriness that didn't need to exist. So I did some batch processing in Photoshop to modify them all a bit. It's a relatively subtle but noticeable change. That said, Matrix says I have to make 10 posts and wait 7 days and send in blood samples from myself and three relatives and send them a funny cat video before I can post a pic.

Will do so whenever possible, I'm wondering if someone wants to package it up for a download.

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”