EA Association

The King or the Parliament? Choose your side and take command of the Cavaliers armies or the Roundheads and the Covenanters.
gafferhall01

EA Association

Post by gafferhall01 »

How do you get to be able to build EA Association Units?

I have all the EA regions at over 51% popularity, but it doesn't want to allow the building of units in any of the EA cities.
AirdefMike

RE: EA Association

Post by AirdefMike »

So far in my campaigns, I have only managed to build Eastern Association units in Lincoln after I managed to get the loyalty up to 61 percent.

I have not been able to build any Northern and Western Association units and no Lancaster units for the Royalists.
altipueri

Post by altipueri »

It seemed it was a struggle:

"The strength of the New Model Army was fixed on paper at 22,000 men, but this modest target proved for many months beyond attainment."

"Low and irregular pay and hard conditions of service - bread or biscuit and cheese were the only rations normally issued in the field - largely explain why desertion was so rife and why impressment was needed to raise infantry recruits. So low had the foot sunk in the existing armies that 8460 levies were needed to bring the New Model's infantry up to the target of 14,400."

"even in June, a week before Naseby, those of the Eastern Association had furnished less than three fifths of the men required of them."

"When Colonel Pickering, a former Eastern Association officer, attempted to preach a sermon to his newly-formed regiment of foot it promptly mutinied."

Quotes from Austin Woolrich - Battles of the English Civil War.
Philippeatbay

Post by Philippeatbay »

If you thought you were going to have to listen to one of his sermons, you'd mutiny too.
DEB

Post by DEB »

ORIGINAL: AirdefMike

So far in my campaigns, I have only managed to build Eastern Association units in Lincoln after I managed to get the loyalty up to 61 percent.
Looks like a possible typo to me...
I have not been able to build any Northern and Western Association units and no Lancaster units for the Royalists.

Not unrealistic, as I recall...
DEB

Post by DEB »

ORIGINAL: DEB

ORIGINAL: AirdefMike

Not unrealistic, as I recall...

After further thought, my comment is incorrect. Apologies.

The Parliamentarian Northern Association should be able to build a few units beyond it's initial deployment ; albeit most/all of these should end up in Hull (besieged).
The Royalists should also be able to get a few "Reinforcements" in Lancaster ( Lancashire ?).

The Parliamentarian Western Association should be able to build some units in/around Bristol/North Somerset and also in Devon, Cornwall and Southern Somerset. The latter three areas would however, provide less than the former two I believe. However, it should be noted that several of the Western Association "Reinforcements" came from the Western Home Counties and from London itself ( on secondment ). I am unaware how the "Home Counties" ( those "areas" around London ) are "set" in the game. IMHO they should probably be part of the "London Pool" of "Reinforcements"; but they may well be part of the "pools" for London and the Western, the Eastern and the Southern Associations.

Return to “English Civil War”