Keeping Wagner happy(-ish)

VR designs has been reinforced with designer Cameron Harris and the result is a revolutionary new operational war game 'Barbarossa' that plays like none other. It blends an advanced counter pushing engine with deep narrative, people management and in-depth semi-randomized decision systems.

Moderators: Vic, lancer

rocketman71

Keeping Wagner happy(-ish)

Post by rocketman71 »

One main challenge in the game is keeping Wagner reasonably happy with you. I read in an earlier post that this is a design choice as things were pretty effed up in real life.
However, I find that many turns I get two decisions to make - "Truck losses" and "Truck refit", both for the same theater. As both are expensive decisions to make, and they are related to the same problem, it is inevitable that you have to skip action on one of them. The result being Wagner's discontent. If possible I'd like to see that these two decisions do not appear for the same theater on the same turn. Just my two cents.
lancer

RE: Keeping Wagner happy(-ish)

Post by lancer »

Hi rocketboy,

The decisions appear at randomised intervals and a lot of them are triggered off your current game state which is changing all the time.

What you're asking for would be s definite plus as well as a smart queuing system that evened out the number of decisions that appeared each turn.

Both were on the wish list but by the time I'd finished coding up the decision system I was worn out as it was a lot bigger job than I expected. Other items then took priority.

Cheers,
Cameron

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa”