THE WAR COLLEGE-Rio Bravo (A) v. El Lobo (J)

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Lowpe

RE: THE WAR COLLEGE-Rio Bravo (A) v. El Lobo (J)

Post by Lowpe »

I didn't realize you had so much of New Guinea. Makes me wonder why the Marianas were so lightly garrisoned.[&:]
Rio Bravo

Post by Rio Bravo »

ORIGINAL: Lowpe

I didn't realize you had so much of New Guinea. Makes me wonder why the Marianas were so lightly garrisoned.[&:]

Lowpe-

El Lobo invested heavily in Burma and China and chose not to be aggressive with his expansion of the Red Sun Empire in favor of preparing a tighter, stronger perimeter while also conserving his assets, fuel, and supply.

I have not ventured into the Philippines, Malaysia, Sumatra, nor Java, etc., nor do I intend to visit those places as El Lobo has no doubt set-up a buzz-saw there of interconnected and supportive bases in strength.

The Allies have so many places they can invade when the Allies think they have sufficient assets to invade. The Japanese simply don't have the assets to defend everywhere.

I believe that El Lobo thought he had time to build-up the Marianas Islands. A reasonable belief.

Best Regards,

-Terry
"No one throws me my own guns and tells me to run. No one."

-Bret (James Coburn); The Magnificent Seven
Rio Bravo

Post by Rio Bravo »

[center]July 2, 1943[/center]

Today was a very slow day.

Naturally, my brave Chinese ducked at Chengtu, Chungking, and Chihkiang.

Captain Haggard put a couple hits on an El Lobo submarine.

Other than that, not much news except today the Allies spent 1,354 Political Points changing the commands of restricted aircraft squadrons.

Attached below as a link is the entire boring Combat Report for July 2, 1943.

Best Regards,

-Terry

Attachments
combatreport.txt
(7.68 KiB) Downloaded 8 times

Rio Bravo

Post by Rio Bravo »

[center]July 3, 1943[/center]

Highlights for Today

1.) The Operation Sea Shark Invasion Fleet moving at 12 knots is 1,800 miles from Pearl Harbor.

2.) El Lobo has abandoned Taung Gyi. The Allies attack tonight and should capture the city.

Synopsis of Combat Action for Today

1.) El Lobo bombs Chengtu and Chungking.

2.) El Lobo's 101st NCPC Route Brigade deliberately attacked the Red Chinese Army near Kienko (hex 79,39). My brave Chinese, tattered and bruised, fought off the attack and held their turf.

3.) The Allies bombarded Japanese troops for the second day in a row near Toungoo (hex 56,51).

Attached below as a link is the entire Combat Report for July 3, 1943.

Best Regards,

-Terry

Attachments
combatreport.txt
(7.53 KiB) Downloaded 8 times

Rio Bravo

Post by Rio Bravo »

[center]July 4, 1943[/center]

Highlights for Today

1.) Unbelievable! The Japanese did not bomb Chengtu nor Chungking.

2.) The Japanese abandoned Taung Gyi and retreated south. The Allies will capture Taung Gyi tonight freeing the good Burmese citizens from El Lobo's vile oppression.

3.) Bubba's Barbecued Ribs were a big hit at the USO show in Mandalay.

Synopsis of Combat Action Today

1.) El Lobo bombed near Toungoo (hex 56,51).

2.) El Lobo deliberately attacked the Chinese near Tsuyung (hex 68,45). The Chinese did not budge.

3.) The Allies deliberately attacked the stubborn Japanese remnants hiding in the jungle on Ramree Island.

4.) Allied artillery bombarded the Japanese near Toungoo (hex 56,51).

Attached below as a link is the entire Combat Report for July 4, 1943.

Best Regards,

-Terry

Attachments
combatreport.txt
(5.73 KiB) Downloaded 8 times

Rio Bravo

Post by Rio Bravo »

[center]Burma

July 5, 1943
[/center]

The Allied forces in Burma are attempting to block Japanese ground forces from retreating south into Rangoon and Pegu in an effort to trap and destroy as many Japanese as possible.

The British and Australians with supporting Tank Battalions along with all the U.S. Army Artillery are presently due east of Taung Gyi. The Brits and Aussies will travel along the railway to Toungoo.

The 21st, 40th, and Americal U.S. Army Infantry Divisions with supporting Tank and Anti-tank Battalions are presently at Taung Gyi. The Americans will race down the grey road and attempt to slip in behind the Japanese retreat just below and southwest of Toungoo. A blocking force consisting o mixed Indian and Burma Corps units with supporting Artillery are already one hex southwest of Toungoo.

In western China, the Allies have blocked Japanese troops in China due west of Paoshan. El Lobo has recently moved 18 more Japanese units toward Paoshan (those troops are presently one hex northeast of Paoshan). The Allies have 1,100 AV west of Paoshan. Two U.S. Army Infantry Divisions and four Infantry Regiments (Two U.S. Army and two Chindit Brigades) will arrive within a week. One U.S. Infantray Division is at Lashiop and being held in reserve.

El Lobo remains strong in Burma and I anticipate that massive battles will soon occur within close proximity to Toungoo.

Attached below as a link is a map of Burma as of July 5, 1943.

Best Regards,

-Terry

Attachments
Burma.jpg
Burma.jpg (540.68 KiB) Viewed 149 times

Rio Bravo

Post by Rio Bravo »

[center]July 5, 1943[/center]

Highlight for Today

The Operation Sea Shark Invasion Fleet is less than one week away from Pearl Harbor. Bars throughout the Hawaiian Islands are expecting heavy patronage when the Fleet arrives and are busy stocking-up on booze.

1.) El Lobo's Destroyers attack Captain Haggard's PT Boats hitting two once each and sinking one.

2.) El Lobo bombers hammer Chengtu and Chungking.

3.) El Lobo bombs near Toungoo (hex 56,51). Numerous Allied AA Guns damage 13 Helens and destroy 2. The Allies suffered minimal casualties.

4.) El Lobo bombs Guam. Numerous Marine Corps Defense Battalions chew-up the Bettys; damaging 5 and destroying 3. The Marines didn't suffer a single casualty.

5.) My brave Red Chinese Army throws-up a wall of rocks beating off El Lobo's 1st NCPC Route Brigade near Kienko (hex 79,39) and hold their turf.

6.) The Allies attack due West of Taung Gyi (hex 58,48) inflicting over 4,000 Japanese casualties and destroy over 250 squads.

7.) Allied Artillery bombards near Toungoo (hex 56,51) with minimal results.

Attached below as a link is the entire Combat Report for July 5, 1943.

Best Regards,

-Terry

Attachments
combatreport.txt
(21.91 KiB) Downloaded 6 times

Rio Bravo

Post by Rio Bravo »

[center]July 6, 1943[/center]

Highlights for Today

1.) El Lobo captures Chungking! Rat bastard! *laughing*

2.) Operation Sea Shark Invasion traveling at 12 knots per day is 1,320 miles from Pearl harbor.

3.) The heavily damaged BB Colorado traveling at 2 knots per day is 400 miles from Wake Island.

1.) El Lobo orders two CAs to bombard Saipan at night. Allied coastal guns hit CA Chokai once. El Lobo sinks Captain Haggard's PT-110.

2.) El Lobo bombers pounds Chungking.

3.) El Lobo Helens bomb near Toungoo (hex 56,51). Numerous Allied AA Guns damage 7 Helens. The Allies don't suffer a single casualty.

4.) El Lobo Helens bomb near Magwe (hex; 58,48). Numerous Allied AA Guns damage 12 Helens and destroy 2. The Allies suffer 64 casualties with one squad destroyed and 11 squads disabled.

5.) El Lobo deliberately attack and captures Chengtu. Japanese troops suffer 25,283 casualties with 259 squads destroyed and 3,359 squads disabled. My brave Chinese suffer 53,399 casualties, 7,368 squads destroyed, and 34 Chinese units surrender.

6.) The Red Chinese Army hold their turf against El Lobo's 101st NCPC Route Brigade near Kienko (hex 79,39).

7.) Allied Artillery bombard due west of Taung Gyi (hex 58,48) inflicting 533 Japanese casualties with 14 squads destroyed and 33 squads disabled. The Allies don't suffer any casualties.

8.) Allied Artillery bombard southwest of Toungoo (hex 56,51) with minimal results.

9.) El Lobo's stubborn Japanese ditch diggers survive yet another British Infantry Division attack at Ramree Island. Japanese troops suffer 587 casualties with 32 squads destroyed, 5 squads disabled, and 2 units destroyed. The Allies suffer 53 casualties with 1 squad destroyed and 6 squads disabled.

Attached below as a link is the entire Combat Report for July 6, 1943.

Best Regards,

-Terry

Attachments
combatreport.txt
(14.41 KiB) Downloaded 10 times

Rio Bravo

Post by Rio Bravo »

[center]July 7, 1943[/center]

Highlight for Today

Operation Sea Shark Invasion Fleet is 1,080 miles from Pearl Harbor.

Synopsis of Combat for Today

1.) El Lobo bombers pound Chungking and Helens get trashed near Magwe (hex 58,48).

2.) Allied Artillery hammers Japanese troops near Magwe (hex 58,48) but does little damage to Japanese troops near Toungoo (hex 56,51).

Attached as a link below is the entire Combat Report for July 7, 1943.

Best Regards,

-Terry

Attachments
combatreport.txt
(8.58 KiB) Downloaded 7 times

Rio Bravo

Post by Rio Bravo »

[center]July 8, 1943[/center]

Highlights for Today

1.) The Australians and the British supported by U. S. Army Artillery shreds Japanese forces near Magwe.

2.) The Operation Sea Shark Invasion Fleet is 840 miles from Pearl Harbor.

1.) Near Guam (hex 186,95), El Lobo E Boats meet Captain Haggard's PT Boats. Captain Haggard's PT Boats sink E Hachijo and hit E Kunashirir four times. El Lobo's E Boats sink PT-167.

2.) Near Marcus Island (hex 127,88), five El Lobo Destroyers rat-pack Captain Haggard's AM Swallow and sink it.

3.) El Lobo bombers pound Chungking, but his Helens are shattered near Magwe (hex 58,48).

4.) The Allies deliberately attacked Japanese ground forces near Magwe (hex 58,48).

-The Japanese suffered 14,245 casualties, 941 destroyed squads, 200 disabled squads, and the Japanese are forced to retreat south.

-The Allies suffered 1,016 casualties, 23 destroyed squads, and 352 disabled squads.

5.) The Allies deliberately attacked Ramree Island. The Allies were unsuccessful once again in their attempt to completely destroy the few remaining Japanese ditch-diggers left on the Island.

6.) Allied Artillery hammered Japanese troops near Magwe (hex 58,48), but had minimal results near Toungoo (hex 56,51).

Attached below as a link is the entire Combat Report for July 8, 1943.

Best Regards,

-Terry

Attachments
combatreport.txt
(15.15 KiB) Downloaded 8 times

Rio Bravo

Post by Rio Bravo »

[center]July 9, 1943[/center]

Highlights for Today

1.) Captain Haggard's AM trashes El Lobo's Submarine near Wake Island (hex 132,96).

2.) Operation Sea Shark Invasion Fleet is 600 miles from the safety of Pearl Harbor.

Synopsis of Combat Actio for Today

1.) Near Wake Island (hex 132,96), Hag's AM Strive hits El Lobo's SS I-26 11 times causing fire and heavy damage. Goodbye SS I-26.

2.) El Lobo bombers hammer Chungking while Allied AA guns shred Helens near Magwe (hex 58,48) and near Toungoo (hex 56,51).

3.) The only Japanese Unit left on Ramree Island is El Lobo's 2nd Arny. The 2nd Army HQ repels yet another Britisih Division deliberate Attack!

4.) Allied Artillery bombarded Japanese ground forces near Toungoo (hex 56,51) inflicting minimal casualties.

Attached below as a link is the entire Combat Report for July 9, 1943.

Best Regards,

-Terry

Attachments
combatreport.txt
(8.8 KiB) Downloaded 8 times

Rio Bravo

Post by Rio Bravo »

[center]July 10, 1943[/center]

Highlights of the Day

1.) Japan's 2nd Army HQ be damned!

2.) Operation Sea Shark's Invasion Fleet is 360 miles from Pearl Harbor.

1.) There is big trouble in Chungking! El Lobo's incessant bombing of what once was the Chungking Runway has opened the core of the earth. Glowing-red lava has erupted to save the Chinese supply as they no longer need to turn on lights.

2.) Allied Artillery bombarded Japanese ground forces near Toungoo (hex 56,51) inflicting minimal Japanese casualties.

3.) Japan's 2nd Army HQ at Ramree Islands sucks! Once again they beat-off a British Division deliberate attack.

Attached below as a link is the entire Combat Report for July, 10, 1943.

Best Regards,

-Terry

Attachments
combatreport.txt
(6.88 KiB) Downloaded 6 times

Rusty1961

Post by Rusty1961 »

Very impressed how you took the Marianas with such minimal losses. Jolly good show.
God made man, but Sam Colt made them equal.
Rio Bravo

Post by Rio Bravo »

ORIGINAL: Rusty1961

Very impressed how you took the Marianas with such minimal losses. Jolly good show.

Rusty-

Welcome to The War College!

Thank you for the compliment.

I did make several mistakes. The Allies could have left Pearl a month earlier had it not been for losing PPs due to overdue ships and aircraft.

Best Regards,

-Terry

Rio Bravo

Post by Rio Bravo »

[center]July 11, 1943[/center]

Highlight for Today

Operation Sea Shark Invasion Fleet is 120 Miles from Pearl.

1.) El Lobo bombed Chungking (*yawn*).

2.) The Allies bombed Paoshan. Minimal damage was inflicted on the Allied Bombers. Allied Bombers inflicted minimal Japanese casualties.

3.) Allied Artillery bombarded near Toungoo (hex 56,51) inflicting minimal Japanese casualties.

4.) The Allies deliberately attacked near Taung Gyi (hex 58,49). The Allies suffered 481 casualties while the Japanese suffered 810 casualties.

5.) The Allies Shock Attacked Ramree Island. It is clear that not a single ditch-digger of the Japanese 2nd Army is going to surrender. Ramree Island remains in El Lobo' paws.

Attached below as a link is the entire Combat Report for June 11, 1943.

Best Regards,

-Terry
Attachments
combatreport.txt
(13.24 KiB) Downloaded 8 times

Rio Bravo

Post by Rio Bravo »

[center]July 12, 1943[/center]

Highlights for Today

1.) Operation Sea Shark Invasion Fleet is resting comfortably on the warm waters of Pearl Harbor. Operation Sea Shark is hereby concluded.

2.) Japanese Carrier Bombers attack Guam and suffer substantial losses.

3.) In bed asleep, Captain Haggard experiences horrifying nightmares regarding his operations in War in the Pacific.

1.) The Allies bomb Paoshan. Both sides receive minimal damage.

2.) El Lobo bombs near Paoshan (hex 64,45). Both sides receive minimal casualties.

3.) El Lobo Carrier Aircraft attack Guam.

Japanese Losses

6 destroyed (Ki-45 KAIa Nick)
1 destroyed and 4 damaged (B5N2 Kate)
33 destroyed and 4 damaged (B6N@ Jill)
66 destroyed and 7 damaged (D4Y-1 Judy)

Allied Losses

SS 023
SS Pike

PT 173
PT 174
PT 175
PT 176
PT 177

4.) Allied Artillery Bombard near Toungoo (hex 56,51). Both sides receive minimal casualties.

Attached below as a link is the entire Combat Report for July 12, 1943.

Best Regards,

-Terry

Attachments
combatreport.txt
(17.87 KiB) Downloaded 13 times

BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

Holy Cow! Using carrier aircraft to bomb minor vessels from 1000 feet is just plain reckless - and he paid the price! [X(]

Shouldn't that be El Lobo having the nightmares, rather than Capt. Haggard?
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
Lowpe

Post by Lowpe »

Most of those attacks are port attacks...but there is a naval strafing attack by Nicks that targeted 2 subs and one xak. How is that even possible?
CaptHaggard

Post by CaptHaggard »

We here at Sub Command loathe information made public (hence the term "Silent Service"); however, for the sake of the pixel families back home, I am compelled to report the USS Pike is fine and well.

The heroic Dutch sub 023, already severely damaged, did sink.

The USS Balao, having already suffered extensive flotation damage in the closing hours of Operation Sea Shark, sank as well. She was days from making a try to Wake.

Because both vessels were docked at the time, repair crews were alerted and few casualties were suffered. Plus,I've got a pair of fine captains waiting for their next command...

Now as you all know, I've barely been around the block in this gig, but I have to say in regards to the last CR that I have never seen air combat casualties like that. Typically, I watch at "fast speed"; I watched these in regular speed, but the rapidity with which the Judys and Jills lit red and dropped away was very much like watching in fast speed. And a very small percentage were damaged, relative to those destroyed. No idea why.

*Back to hallucinatory sub dreams*
Rio Bravo

Post by Rio Bravo »

[center]July 13, 1943[/center]

Highlight for Today

The Chinese capture Tuyun. All roads to Chengtu, Chungking, and Paoshan have now been interdicted by the Chinese in an effort to inhibit Japanese Supply.

1.) El Lobo bombed Chungking. I was like no way! Completely surprised. *laughing*

2.) Allied artillery bombarded near Toungoo (hex 56,51) inflicting minimal Japanese casualties.

3.) The Allies shock attacked near Chengtu (hex 73,42) inflicting minimal Japanese casualties.

4.) El Lobo deliberately attacked Paoshan (hex 66,49). The Chinese held their turf.

5.) The Allies deliberately attacked near Taung Gyi (hex 58,49) and got the best of the battle.

6.) The Allies Shock attacked the last remnants of the Japanese on Ramree Island and eliminated them.

Attached below as a link is the entire Combat Report for July 13, 1943.

Best Regards,

-Terry

Attachments
combatreport.txt
(8.29 KiB) Downloaded 10 times

Return to “After Action Reports”