Help with unit icon meanings

Fury Games has now signed with Matrix Games, and we are working together on the next Strategic Command. Will use the Slitherine PBEM++ server for asynchronous multi-player.

Moderators: MOD_Strategic_Command_3, Fury Software

GreyWolf16

Help with unit icon meanings

Post by GreyWolf16 »

I really do like this game and it's interface but it is frustrating to try to understand all of the many dots and markers attached to the Unit icons. I understand that the strength and readiness, upgrade status, movement and even experience are displayed with colored dots and numbers displayed in or near each unit. My frustration is that I can't find a graphical description of these markers in the manual. Thanks if anyone knows of one in any supporting document or tutorial for this issue.
Hubert Cater

RE: Help with unit icon meanings

Post by Hubert Cater »

Hi GungaDin,

We'll put something together for this and then look to possibly add this to the manual in the future as I agree it would be nice to have.

Hubert
GreyWolf16

Post by GreyWolf16 »

Thanks Hubert. Great interface. I love the way the diplomacy and research blend in with the fighting.
TSPC37730

Post by TSPC37730 »

I second the request. Hope you guys can put something together soon. Thanks in advance.
Fintilgin

Post by Fintilgin »

It's not to MY taste, but you might consider a second counter style as well, like the default of Advanced Tactics, where there are little stylized silhouettes of dudes and tanks instead of NATO symbols.

A nice middle ground between ~real~ counters and the (IMO totally unreadable) toy soldier mode.

Actually... wasn't the original Strategic Command like this anyway? [:'(]
toddtreadway

Post by toddtreadway »

Any help on this? I'm trying to figure out what the little 0's and 1's mean in the bottom right of the counter.
toddtreadway

Post by toddtreadway »

As well as the little blue or red circles in the top left of the naval counters.
Taxman66

Post by Taxman66 »

The numbers in the lower right corner of the units represent the unit's upgrade level(s) (i.e. Improvements - e.g. INF Weapons, AA, Mobility; or Naval Weapons, AA, ASW, etc...). It's hard to tell their positioning, particularly if a unit only has 1 thing upgraded. Right click on a unit and select properties. You should find the numbers matching the improvements (and in the same order).

The upper left dots for the naval units indicate different things based on their color. For subs it tells you if they are in Silent/Submerged mode or if they are Hunt mode. For surface ships it indicates if they are in Convoy Raid mode or not (have to be in Convoy Raid mode to reduce Convoy shipments -- Note subs just have to be in Hunt mode). CVs have additional colors
to indicate if their planes are in Fighter mode or Bomber mode. You can right click the naval unit and check/change it's mode.
"Part of the $10 million I spent on gambling, part on booze and part on women. The rest I spent foolishly." - George Raft

Return to “Strategic Command WWII War in Europe”