Unable to load troops at Aden

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Major Shane

Unable to load troops at Aden

Post by Major Shane »

I am playing Allies vs. Japan (AI). I am using game version 1.8.1126a,dated 10 Jul 16. I am playing Scenario 007, Full Campaign (Quite China). The game date is 27 MAR 44.

For the past 7 days I have been unable to load troops. I can load supplies.

Any ideas on a resolution?
Attachments
AdenPort2.jpg
AdenPort2.jpg (150.3 KiB) Viewed 119 times
Trugrit

RE: Unable to load troops at Aden

Post by Trugrit »

Well one thing may be that you have the destination set to Aden and the TF is set to unload.

With these settings the TF will load troops and then unload them maybe during the same turn.
Kind of like a fire drill.
"A man's got to know his limitations" -Dirty Harry
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

ORIGINAL: m_shane_perkins

I am playing Allies vs. Japan (AI). I am using game version 1.8.1126a,dated 10 Jul 16. I am playing Scenario 007, Full Campaign (Quite China). The game date is 27 MAR 44.

The two most likely reasons are the LCU you're trying to load isn't in Strat mode (you have a Transport TF made up), or it's Restricted.
The Moose
Major Shane

Post by Major Shane »

ORIGINAL: Trugrit

Well one thing may be that you have the destination set to Aden and the TF is set to unload.

With these settings the TF will load troops and then unload them maybe during the same turn.
Kind of like a fire drill.

Thanks Trugrit. I have set destination to Karachi, but the "Load Troops" option is still grayed out.
Major Shane

Post by Major Shane »

ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58

The two most likely reasons are the LCU you're trying to load isn't in Strat mode (you have a Transport TF made up), or it's Restricted.

Thanks Bullwinkle 58. I checked and have 2 units in Strat mode. Both have unrestricted HQ, XXXIII Indian Corps and 3d TAC AF.

I don't have any other ships loading or unloading.

Any other thoughts?
Admiral DadMan

Post by Admiral DadMan »

Screen shot of base LCU's please
Scenario 127: "Scraps of Paper"
(\../)
(O.o)
(> <)

CVB Langley:
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

Thanks Bullwinkle 58. I checked and have 2 units in Strat mode. Both have unrestricted HQ, XXXIII Indian Corps and 3d TAC AF.

I don't have any other ships loading or unloading.

Any other thoughts?
Looks like it is the TF commander's Inspiration rating of 10! Troops start to march on board and the guy snarls at them so they debark ...[:D]

Seriously, consider setting the TF to "Do not Unload" and change the orders to "Remain on Station".
Did you go through the "Verify TF Load" step and then click "Accept Load" ?
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
Admiral DadMan

Post by Admiral DadMan »

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

He can't get to that point. "Load Troops" button is not available.
(\../)
(O.o)
(> <)

CVB Langley:
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

ORIGINAL: Admiral DadMan

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

He can't get to that point. "Load Troops" button is not available.

I just saw that too. The TF formation is porked. I'd disband and re-form. It's possible the TF had to unload supplies before re-loading troops and the last command didn't take.
The Moose
Major Shane

Post by Major Shane »

Base is under Southeast Asia. I changed all ships in the port to SEA HQ. I selected a RADM with high ratings. No joy with anything I attempt to do. This is the only off-map base I am having this problem with.

Attachments
AdenPort1.jpg
AdenPort1.jpg (167.44 KiB) Viewed 88 times
Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

Post an image of the TF.
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: Chris H

Post an image of the TF.
It is in the first post as an attachment.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

Base is under Southeast Asia. I changed all ships in the port to SEA HQ. I selected a RADM with high ratings. No joy with anything I attempt to do. This is the only off-map base I am having this problem with.

You wasted a lot of time and PPs. None of that applies to your problem.

I suggested you disband the TF and form a new one. You don't report that you did that. The TF is corrupted.

If the LCUs you're trying to load are in Strat mode, yellow Unrestricted, and not Static, you should have a Load Troops button on the TF. You don't.

Further, and more conclusive, in your OP, in the JPEG, your TF, docked at Aden, has a "Return to Victoria Point" button active. No TF at an Off-map base should have a button there.

A TF on-map, at-sea, has two buttons. One for its "home-home port", depending on navy either PH, SF, Karachi, or a few others, and to the right of that button a second button for its home port. An on-map TF docked at its home port only has the "home-home" port button. A docked off-map TF has neither.

Your TF doesn't know where it is. Perhaps it was spun in the wormhole, off-map? Don't know. But it thinks it's on-map, docked somewhere where there are no LCUs in Strat mode. And since Victoria Point is not a "home-home" major base, I suspect it thinks VP is its home port.

Disband the TF. I have no idea where the ships land in the database, but they won't load as is. Form a new, 1-ship (as an experiment) Transport TF at Aden and try to load one LCU. If that works look for these two ships in your ship list and play on. If it doesn't your DB might have bigger corruption problems.
The Moose
Admiral DadMan

Post by Admiral DadMan »

I suggested you disband the TF and form a new one. You don't report that you did that. The TF is corrupted.

If the LCUs you're trying to load are in Strat mode, yellow Unrestricted, and not Static, you should have a Load Troops button on the TF. You don't.

Further, and more conclusive, in your OP, in the JPEG, your TF, docked at Aden, has a "Return to Victoria Point" button active. No TF at an Off-map base should have a button there. (ed. I'm wondering if he has the top level HQ based at Victoria Point and that's why it has a default return to there...)

Disband the TF. I have no idea where the ships land in the database, but they won't load as is. Form a new, 1-ship (as an experiment) Transport TF at Aden and try to load one LCU. If that works look for these two ships in your ship list and play on. If it doesn't your DB might have bigger corruption problems.

Also, click on the "Troops located at Aden" button on the base screen that you posted, then post that screen shot.
(\../)
(O.o)
(> <)

CVB Langley:
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

Further, and more conclusive, in your OP, in the JPEG, your TF, docked at Aden, has a "Return to Victoria Point" button active. No TF at an Off-map base should have a button there. (ed. I'm wondering if he has the top level HQ based at Victoria Point and that's why it has a default return to there...)

Also, click on the "Troops located at Aden" button on the base screen that you posted, then post that screen shot.

The point is, NO off-map TF should ever have either button, HQ notwithstanding. The TF is porked, as I said a long way up-thread.

It is frustrating when folks post asking for help and then provide only partial info. I feel like Alfred. [:)]
The Moose
Admiral DadMan

Post by Admiral DadMan »

It is frustrating when folks post asking for help and then provide only partial info. I feel like Alfred. [:)]

I'm sure your antlers are better looking.
(\../)
(O.o)
(> <)

CVB Langley:
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

I'm sure your antlers are better looking.

I've met Alfred in RL. He's a remarkable-looking Aussie man.

("English: obfuscation for a thousand years." [:'(] )
The Moose
Major Shane

Post by Major Shane »

I disbanded and created an new TF, no joy.

I think my DB is screwed up. I went back and checked saved games for 1 MAR 44 and 1 MAR 42 and it's the same issue. It thinks it is on map, not off map.

Can I fix the DB through the editor?
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

I disbanded and created an new TF, no joy.

I think my DB is screwed up. I went back and checked saved games for 1 MAR 44 and 1 MAR 42 and it's the same issue. It thinks it is on map, not off map.

Can I fix the DB through the editor?
Did you by any chance change maps between the stock map and the "Extended" map that has more base locations?. If you did so but loaded a game that does not use the extended map or vice-versa, that could make the base the problem.
Major Shane

Post by Major Shane »

I reloaded the Beta Patch 007. That seemed to fix the issue, but it also brought me back to a stock map. I will leave the map alone for now.

Thanks to all for your help. Love this forum and it's members.

Return to “Tech Support”