Repair question

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Chris21wen

RE: Repair question

Post by Chris21wen »

So the conclusion is I'm correct.  The subs are waiting to go into the ARD and there is a bug.  They should not be showing a 1 but an X.

Sardaukar

Post by Sardaukar »

ORIGINAL: Chris H

So the conclusion is I'm correct.  The subs are waiting to go into the ARD and there is a bug.  They should not be showing a 1 but an X.

I think so too.

Unfortunately michaelm is now busy as one of the programmers of Command Modern Air and Naval Operations.
"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

I guess technically it's a bug. I think the symbol ought to be a # and not an X though.

But it's the smallest of small bugs considering how much was fixed by Michael in the ARD logic. In the thread I cited he talked about how long he had to look at that code to unravel. It's VERY spaghettied.

If it helps, in my experience no ship, of any class, can repair 22 of any damage in one day. Anytime you see multiple ships in a port showing a one day number, just look if the issue is important.
The Moose
crsutton

Post by crsutton »

ORIGINAL: HansBolter

Not if the flotation damage is minor and can be repaired pierside or by repair ship.
This interface shows only total damage.
You have to examine the ships individually to see the breakdown of minor and major damage.
One day may seem fast for that level of damage but subs are small and repair quickly.

All floatation damage is major. Both subs have been in the repair system for sometime but the problem appeared 5 days ago. Here a pic from 4 days ago and as you cans see repair time is 1 day. I would also say that I know the difference between minor and major repair and that subs do repair very quickly. This situation is vary strange and not something I have seen before.

With that much major damage to so many subs you will be better off sending a few to Sidney or Brisbane for repairs. You will take so long to repair all of them with just one ARD present that it will actually save time to ship at least a couple of them home. A sub that takes 25 days to repair in an ARD might repair in 5-10 days in a shipyard.
I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg
Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

ORIGINAL: crsutton

With that much major damage to so many subs you will be better off sending a few to Sidney or Brisbane for repairs. You will take so long to repair all of them with just one ARD present that it will actually save time to ship at least a couple of them home. A sub that takes 25 days to repair in an ARD might repair in 5-10 days in a shipyard.

I was going to but I kept seeing repair time 1 so left them. I've also got a lot of damaged subs/ships at the moment[:)]
NigelKentarus

Post by NigelKentarus »

ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58

ORIGINAL: MakeeLearn

USS Killen, USS Canberra and USS Claxton.... So that would be 3 sailors working on repairs.[;)]

Having been in and out of a floating drydock--alone--I can only imagine the sweating the DD CO did to fit into that slot.

+1
Fight like you're the 3rd monkey on the plank to Noah's ark. And brother, it's starting to rain.
patrickl

Post by patrickl »

The 2 subs can be sent to Sydney for shipyard repair.
Banner designed by rogueusmc

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”