V102 test

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.
Gribeauval

V102 test

Post by Gribeauval »

i'm playing the great campaign as parliament with the version 102RC.

Some very important things are corrected : ability to form group, ability to raise units of Eastern/Northern Association.

Some things have not yet been corrected :
- the log (1Go)
- the erroneous tooltip when Commisionners can be sent to Scotland
- the nation "44" : the tooltip of units indicaed that their nation is "44".

I have noted other things :
- at the turn 52, I can buy replacements for Parliament, for Scotland, for Eastern Association and for western Association.
But I can't buy specific replacements for Southern Association and Northern Association. Yet, Waller's army is composed of units that used "S.A." replacements
Yet, the defenders of Hull must be units using "N.A." replacements.
-there isn't a message in the message Log, when the player can decide to send Commissioners to Scotland.
- In early dec 1643, the message log mentions a new political option, but there isn't any (maybe is it the decision to send Commissioners ?)

The gameplay stays the same : the player has a narrow path, he must be cautious with his forces, he can't buy a lot of units, he must try to control a lot of cities, he must choose to spread some forces to hold ground , he must form some field armies that are strong enough , he must conduct "la petite guerre" (small raids).
The supply can be an obstacle for a big army, the distances can be an obstacle too for the biggest forces due to the traffic penalties.
The AI seems doing a good job. It uses all the RGD. It puts a constant pressure (attacks on big cities and small raids) on the player.
The FOW is important, the player can't always know where is the enemy.

Best regards.
DEB

RE: V102 test

Post by DEB »

ORIGINAL: Gribeauval

The gameplay stays the same : the player has a narrow path, he must be cautious with his forces, he can't buy a lot of units, he must try to control a lot of cities, he must choose to spread some forces to hold ground , he must form some field armies that are strong enough , he must conduct "la petite guerre" (small raids).
The supply can be an obstacle for a big army, the distances can be an obstacle too for the biggest forces due to the traffic penalties.

All this appears correct/reasonable.
The AI seems doing a good job. It uses all the RGD. It puts a constant pressure (attacks on big cities and small raids) on the player.
Appears correct. Good.
The FOW is important, the player can't always know where is the enemy.
Again correct. Good.

Gribeauval

Post by Gribeauval »

I have found 2 bugs later :

- one about the saved games which are sometimes lost (this bug is really disturbing).

- another with the money at the start of a turn :
the amount of money is not updated correctly. I must press the "Build" button (to raise new units). When I press this button, the amount of money that is available is changed to give the exact value.

Regards.
Gribeauval

Post by Gribeauval »

There are two other minor things :
- Argyll has no picture (in the separate window listing his properties).
- in early july 1644, Essex's army is called Brooke's army.
Leibst

Post by Leibst »

Thanks Gribeauval, in fact he has but with a typo in the model name. It is 'mdl_SCO_Argyll .png' and should be 'mdl_SCO_Argyll.png' without the space.

added for next patch

Regarding Essex's army you mean in the Marston Moor scenario?
Designer of AGEOD & HQ English Civil War, Thirty Years War and España:1936
Designer of Battles For Spain and Libertad o Muerte!
https://hqwargames.com
Gribeauval

Post by Gribeauval »

No, it was during the campaign itself.
The leader of the army was the Earl of Essex, but his army has become "Brooke's army".

Return to “Tech Support”