Stuck in "Readying" State

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

SeaQueen

Stuck in "Readying" State

Post by SeaQueen »

Does anyone know how to get aircraft out of a "Readying" state in the scenario editor?

cns180784

RE: Stuck in "Readying" State

Post by cns180784 »

Theres' an option for "ready immediately" when you click on the a/c in the Air Ops window.
SeaQueen

Post by SeaQueen »

Theres' an option for "ready immediately" when you click on the a/c in the Air Ops window.

I've been trying that and it doesn't seem to want to get out of "Readying" even though it's listed as "Ready"
cns180784

Post by cns180784 »

Odd, ah you can try setting the time to ready, with all digits set to 0.

EDIT: I've just tried adding an a/c to a carrier giving it an A/A loadout and had it ready immediately and it worked. Not sure why you're having this problem maybe you should post a save and this ought to be moved to the Tech Support forum.
SeaQueen

Post by SeaQueen »

I think it has something to do with how I'm doing it using LUA.

On scenario load, I have some logic that says sometimes I want a given aircraft to got into "Maintenance" and sometimes I want it to go into a "Default Configuration," usually air-to-air, cargo or tanking. The aircraft set to "Maintenance" remain in a "Parked" state, while the aircraft set to their default configuration go into a "Readying" state, even though their time to ready is zero. Once they're in the "Readying" state you can't get them out!

ORIGINAL: cns180784

EDIT: I've just tried adding an a/c to a carrier giving it an A/A loadout and had it ready immediately and it worked. Not sure why you're having this problem maybe you should post a save and this ought to be moved to the Tech Support forum.
cns180784

Post by cns180784 »

I see now well i dont know about that, i've yet to use LUA. Best to fully explain the problem in your initial post.
Gunner98

Post by Gunner98 »

Often units that are in a 'readying' state but have 0 time left to ready will click to 'Ready' after a few seconds of game time.

B
Check out our novel, Northern Fury: H-Hour!: http://northernfury.us/
And our blog: http://northernfury.us/blog/post2/
Twitter: @NorthernFury94 or Facebook https://www.facebook.com/northernfury/
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

ORIGINAL: SeaQueen

I think it has something to do with how I'm doing it using LUA.

On scenario load, I have some logic that says sometimes I want a given aircraft to got into "Maintenance" and sometimes I want it to go into a "Default Configuration," usually air-to-air, cargo or tanking. The aircraft set to "Maintenance" remain in a "Parked" state, while the aircraft set to their default configuration go into a "Readying" state, even though their time to ready is zero. Once they're in the "Readying" state you can't get them out!

I actually noticed that last night while doing some work on Lua coding in the Unit wrapper. I have made an exception case for 'Reserve' and 'Maintenance' loadouts so it will 'park' a 'Maint' and allow 'Reserve' to 'Ready'
It never expected to have to fix them.
Michael
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

It might come out of 'readying' if you give it a minute of ready time. That should force it thru the status checks when the timer runs out I think.

--
You are talking about planes not in 'Maintenance' that are not becoming 'ready'? The ones in 'Maint' that were set by the SetLoadout() wont go back to 'Parked'
Michael
SeaQueen

Post by SeaQueen »

Yes. So it's like...

I have function which calculates the number of aircraft which should be "Ready" with a certain configuration, counts those out and sets them to the specified configuration, and then sets the remaining aircraft to the "Maintenance" loadout. The ones who go into a "Maintenance" configuration remain in a "Parked" state. The ones who go into a non-Maintenance one go into a "Readying" state. Once there they stay there. I'm wondering if this is a bug.

The big problem with this is that if I load the scenario in the editor, the "Scenario is Loaded" action is performed on the necessary aircraft and they're set correctly. Now... I go and make some changes to the scenario, save it, and load it again some other time. Now the aircraft are in a "Readying" state and when the same "Scenario is Loaded" action is performed it throws an error because it won't change the configuration of aircraft which aren't "Parked." The only thing I can think to do is re-populate the airbases with aircraft.

ORIGINAL: michaelm

It might come out of 'readying' if you give it a minute of ready time. That should force it thru the status checks when the timer runs out I think.

--
You are talking about planes not in 'Maintenance' that are not becoming 'ready'? The ones in 'Maint' that were set by the SetLoadout() wont go back to 'Parked'
Cik

Post by Cik »

i think the way around that is to just write a script that creates the desired aircraft on the field and then use setloadout to assign the desired loadouts. then again there may be a hook somewhere that allows you to ready aircraft immediately using a script. the editor can do it via button click after all.

unless i'm really misunderstanding you, i don't think there's a bug here(?) you assign the loadout via a script (that is, essentially the same thing as clicking ready/arm choosing loadout etc.) and they go into a re-arm cycle that lasts X hours. then save, then .01 seconds later in game time (after the save/load cycle) you try to assign loadout again and they're already arming so i guess they aren't "parked"

which is weird behavior (because you can do it via the normal editor) that should probably be changed. but i'm not sure it's technically a bug(?)

either way it's a pain, though. here's hoping the script you have to retool isn't too long.
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

Yes. So it's like...

I have function which calculates the number of aircraft which should be "Ready" with a certain configuration, counts those out and sets them to the specified configuration, and then sets the remaining aircraft to the "Maintenance" loadout. The ones who go into a "Maintenance" configuration remain in a "Parked" state. The ones who go into a non-Maintenance one go into a "Readying" state. Once there they stay there. I'm wondering if this is a bug.

The big problem with this is that if I load the scenario in the editor, the "Scenario is Loaded" action is performed on the necessary aircraft and they're set correctly. Now... I go and make some changes to the scenario, save it, and load it again some other time. Now the aircraft are in a "Readying" state and when the same "Scenario is Loaded" action is performed it throws an error because it won't change the configuration of aircraft which aren't "Parked." The only thing I can think to do is re-populate the airbases with aircraft.

ORIGINAL: michaelm

--
Can you send me a sample save showing this? I think I get it. The SetLoadout() allows 'parked' and 'readying' aircraft to update the loadout; originally it was only one condition -'parked' IIRC. Possible some other check is firing.
At least it will give me something to verify against.
Michael
ComDev

Post by ComDev »

Savegame, screenshots, description?

Thanks! [8D]

Developer "Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations" project!
Lubaru

Post by Lubaru »

Does anyone know how to get aircraft out of a "Readying" state in the scenario editor?

Don't know if this is the case for your situation, but I have experimented and found that if the airfield or supporting buildings, ammo depots, tarmacs, etc have been damaged that it will affect aircraft ready times as well as how long it takes to launch aircraft after they are ready and ordered to launch

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”