B-17 Leader by DVG Review

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Red2112

B-17 Leader by DVG Review

Post by Red2112 »

So yeah, a new addition to the Leader series is in shops now. Here´s Marcos review...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEucNXJgALE

Care!
wings7

RE: B-17 Leader by DVG Review

Post by wings7 »

Looks great...solitaire too! [:)]
Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427
Gilmer

Post by Gilmer »

I love that guy. I subscribed to him a long time ago.
"Venimus, vidimus, Deus vicit" John III Sobieski as he entered Vienna on 9/12/1683. "I came, I saw, God conquered."
He that has a mind to fight, let him fight, for now is the time. - Anacreon
Red2112

Post by Red2112 »

His solitaire system is quite solid in my opinion. I have "Gato Leader" and enjoy it.

He is soon to put out "Sherman Leader" some time this year...
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/11606594/sherman-leader?lang=es

DVG is quite busy this year!

--
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

I think H Gilmer is referring to Marcowargamer, the you tube reviewer.
I hate him. After watching any of his reviews, I always feel the urge to purchase the damn game. [:@] [:)]
jack54

Post by jack54 »

Me too.... Love Marco and (SingleHandedWarfare) aka Derek Case. these are my main boardgame reviewers.

Here's a link to SingleHandedWarfare unboxing of B-17 Leader. Not a review just unboxing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__pTxPLL7qk
Avatar: Me borrowing Albert Ball's Nieuport 17

Counter from Bloody April by Terry Simo (GMT)
Red2112

Post by Red2112 »

ORIGINAL: VPaulus

I think H Gilmer is referring to Marcowargamer, the you tube reviewer.
I hate him. After watching any of his reviews, I always feel the urge to purchase the damn game. [:@] [:)]

Yep I agree, specialy when you see that wall of wargames behind him! He knows his stuff that´s for sure.

sullafelix

Post by sullafelix »

It is an excellent game with top notch counters etc.

My review of it will be up in one or two days on AWNT.
Windows 7 home premium 64
Intel quad core I7
16 gig
AMD R9 200 series

Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit!
RFalvo69

Post by RFalvo69 »

ORIGINAL: H Gilmer

I love that guy. I subscribed to him a long time ago.

I did the same. He actually is a University Teacher (Italian History and Language) and he brings his expertise in teaching in his wargames and boardgames' reviews. Sometimes the reviews are a bit too detailed (some of them are over one hour long!) but if you want to know if a game is worth your hard-earned money this becomes a plus :)

Pity that Marco doesn't do PC wargames' reviews, AFAIK.
"Yes darling, I served in the Navy for eight years. I was a cook..."
"Oh dad... so you were a God-damned cook?"

(My 10 years old daughter after watching "The Hunt for Red October")
RFalvo69

Post by RFalvo69 »

ORIGINAL: Red2112

His solitaire system is quite solid in my opinion. I have "Gato Leader" and enjoy it.

I never tried "Gato Leader" because I have "Silent Victory" about the same topic and I think that it is a masterpiece (I already have the reprints of "The Hunters" and "The Hunted" pre-ordered on GMT's website).

Is there a place where I can find a comparison between the two? Just out of curiosity [:)]

"Yes darling, I served in the Navy for eight years. I was a cook..."
"Oh dad... so you were a God-damned cook?"

(My 10 years old daughter after watching "The Hunt for Red October")
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

ORIGINAL: RFalvo69
I never tried "Gato Leader" because I have "Silent Victory" about the same topic and I think that it is a masterpiece (I already have the reprints of "The Hunters" and "The Hunted" pre-ordered on GMT's website).

Is there a place where I can find a comparison between the two? Just out of curiosity [:)]

The same difference between B-17 Leader and B-17 Queen of the Skies or the new Target for Today.
In Silent Victory you are the commander of a submarine in the Pacific, and your actions are only related with that command. It's quite good in terms of narrative.
In Gato Leader (similar to U-Boat Leader) you command a group of Americans submarines and your actions tend to be more strategical and operational.

This thread summarizes well the difference between the Leader games and the QotS types of games (Silent Victory, The Hunters, B-29, etc.):
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/177210 ... rget-today
Red2112

Post by Red2112 »

ORIGINAL: RFalvo69

ORIGINAL: Red2112

Before buying Gato Leader I wanted Silent Victory but it´s hard to find now, same with The Hunters, so I went for Gato Leader. I did find that Silent Victory and The Hunters are both very similar when I was in search for which one to buy.

I usualy play solo all my games and recently bought some old edition´s of Avalon Hill games from folks at BGG. Iam currently playing "Tac Air" form Avalon Hill and having alot of fun! I also bought the first edition of MBT (Avalon Hill), was lucky to buy this one brand new, you can watch my unboxing vid at BGG, both are great fun![;)]

Return to “General Discussion”