AE causing mouse courser to change

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

artuitus_slith

AE causing mouse courser to change

Post by artuitus_slith »

After playing WITP:AE for a little while the mouse courser turns into a vertical line that persists until I reboot the computer. Only happens when playing AE. Also Can't see aircraft at all-air battles are just clouds and Air to Naval is just a report afterwards. All other animations appear to be working fine.
BBfanboy

RE: AE causing mouse courser to change

Post by BBfanboy »

There is a graphics memory leak that shows up if you play the game too long without exiting. It may depend on your particular graphics card/chip or on the switches you have in your game shortcut to improve performance.
I just shut down the game after running a turn and saving the result. My head usually needs a rest after setting up a turn anyway!
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
Sardaukar

Post by Sardaukar »

My shortcut for my laptop is:

"C:\MikaStuff\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -altFont -px1366 -py768 -multiaudio -dd_sw -skipVideo -deepColor -SingleCpuOrders -cpu2

The bolded part might help you.
"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

artuitus_slith

Post by artuitus_slith »

Tried the -dd_sw switch and got the plane art back but still getting the annoying courser change. Funny thing is my 12 yo E-machine ran the game with no issues lol. where would you find a complete listing of command line switches so I can tinker with it until I find something that works?

Also realized it might help if I gave a little more info on my computer-it's an Phenom II cpu with an AMD 470 GPU and 16 gigs of ram. All drivers are current.
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

ORIGINAL: gmoney

Tried the -dd_sw switch and got the plane art back but still getting the annoying courser change. Funny thing is my 12 yo E-machine ran the game with no issues lol. where would you find a complete listing of command line switches so I can tinker with it until I find something that works?

Also realized it might help if I gave a little more info on my computer-it's an Phenom II cpu with an AMD 470 GPU and 16 gigs of ram. All drivers are current.
Look in the release notes PDF for that. It should be something like 'readme1125.pdf', I found mine in the "Beta2" sub-folder.
artuitus_slith

Post by artuitus_slith »

Working on different switches now. One last question. Maybe my Brain is getting addled in old age but I could have sworn there used to be an option for changing the way Japanese subs behaved. I can't find it now. Am I remembering things correctly or is it possible the game didn't install correctly? The switch was something like 'historical Japanese subs' or something like that. It changed whether the Japanese subs focused on military or civilian shipping.
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

ORIGINAL: gmoney

Working on different switches now. One last question. Maybe my Brain is getting addled in old age but I could have sworn there used to be an option for changing the way Japanese subs behaved. I can't find it now. Am I remembering things correctly or is it possible the game didn't install correctly? The switch was something like 'historical Japanese subs' or something like that. It changed whether the Japanese subs focused on military or civilian shipping.
I think that was in WITP but not WITP-AE. Someone will correct that if I have it wrong.

Return to “Tech Support”