New game....looking for opp.

Post here to meet players for MP games and generally engage in ribbing and banter about your prowess.

Moderator: Vic

LJBurstyn

RE: New game....looking for opp.

Post by LJBurstyn »

Shouldn't someone set up a Dropbox folder?
DRommel

Post by DRommel »

I maybe found a bug in the game
I can't upgrade my Flak II to flak III
dispite the research of flak III

can it be that you can research flak III but sinds its not
the right year for this level the upgrade will not go thru
ernieschwitz

Post by ernieschwitz »

Not a bug DRommel. If you read the manual, then you'd note that anything level III cannot be built before 1942, and level IV cannot be built before 1943 and so on... It's Icym's way of making sure that nobody researchblitzes something like fighters or artillery or tanks, etc.

Seriously the Manual is not as thick as it might seem. True it is thick, but it has a ! next to stuff that is new and not part of the ATG game. That makes it easy to read, for players familiar with ATG.
Creator of High Quality Scenarios for:
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
    DC: Warsaw to Paris
    DC: Community Project.
Try this Global WW2 Scenario: https://www.vrdesigns.net/scenario.php?nr=280
falco148

Post by falco148 »

Hi folks.....the Triumph of Reich game is on. Believe it or not. Apologies once again for the incredibly delayed start but I've just had the
worst couple of weeks of my life (and believe me theres been a fair few of 'em). Anyway we are up and going now....look for the NewTriumph
folder in Dropbox. Germany is up.
lordlau1

Post by lordlau1 »

I would be willing to play the SS perhaps...I have been waiting for a Triumph game. I have not had the pleasure of playing yet. I just finished 2 GD games, so I should be good to go, if you don't mind a Triumph first time.
RufusTFirefly

Post by RufusTFirefly »

Hello Lordlau,

nice to read you are interested in particapating in a Triumph game.
As I have written above I dont want Germany and SS to be seperated. Either you take Germany and SS and I step back from this game or you have to wait for another game to be set up.
Another idea would be you take USA od Commonwealth in case Falco likes someone to share this side with him. As far as I know he wanted someone else to join on the side of the western nations. Playing all western allies is a lot of work for a single player. Commonwealth and USA might be a good start as they got some time to prepare before it is getting hot.
falco148

Post by falco148 »

Lordlau.....I'm currently playing Brits and Commonwealth but would be happy to give you one side or the other. Larry is playing USA I think.

I will need your email to send dropbox invite and also DRommels.
RufusTFirefly

Post by RufusTFirefly »

First German and SS turn played. Turn for Italy at dropbox now.
Have sent an invitation to dropbox folder to DRommel.
lordlau1

Post by lordlau1 »

Hi guys. I messaged Falco my email and I am fine taking an allied side. I don't want you to sit out, Rufus. I thought I saw a suggestion earlier in the thread for an extra axis player. No worries.
DRommel

Post by DRommel »

I Post the Russian turn in the Dropbox
Ironduke go and get it

good game too all
RufusTFirefly

Post by RufusTFirefly »

Hello Lordlau1,
nice to have you on board. Sooner or later we will cross swords on the battlefield in France or somewhere else. Make sure you weapon is sharpened [;)]
lordlau1

Post by lordlau1 »

Hello Rufus,

Indeed we shall. Rest assured, I will be sharpening my swords relentlessly :)
DRommel

Post by DRommel »

He Guys,
who has the turn
I put it in the dropbox but it is stil there

did I do something wrong
RufusTFirefly

Post by RufusTFirefly »

Hi DRommel,

nothing wrong. All is well. Looks like Ironduke is not around. He is the next in line (Sovjets). And as he is a reliable player he will play the turn as soon as it is possible for him.

We are not at GHQ. So please dont expect everyone to play a turn within 24 hours.

(Or does Stalin ignore the massive concentration of troops at the Sovjet borders and prefer to make holidays on a datsha at Sotschy?)
LJBurstyn

Post by LJBurstyn »

The USA waits.
RufusTFirefly

Post by RufusTFirefly »

As Spain would join Axis if attacked and I play Spain in the other Triumph game as well, I have played the Spanish turn now. I will keep it neutral.
If anyone disagrees, please tell here and we will look for someone else to play Spain.

Norway would join Allies if attacked. So anyone who plays western allies should play Norway. Larry, would you like to do it?

About Turkey, maybe Larry, Lordlau1 or Falco can play it?
LJBurstyn

Post by LJBurstyn »

I thought Norway was already attacked...in 1940?????

Do you want me to play Norway? Let me know.
If I play Turkey I'll keep them neutral--unless attacked.
icym

Post by icym »

The game as designed is intended to keep Spain and Turkey neutral.

The only way Spain or Turkey can become active is if Germany attacks them. Allowing Spain or Turkey to decide their alliances is too likely to unbalance the game, which is why the rules were set they way they are.

Because only Germany can declare war on Spain or Turkey, it makes sense for a non-Axis player to play those two powers. (Otherwise the Axis player could build nothing in Spain and Turkey or disband all their units and then declare war and walk straight into the country and conquer them, unopposed.)

From the point of convenience, it works fine if Britain plays Spain, Norway and Turkey because their turns follow straight on to Britain. If that seems too unnatural, it wouldn't matter if Russia played them either, as their turn comes right before. Players are of course free to come up with their own negotiated alternatives but the recommendation for Turkey and Spain to remain neutral and be played by a non-Axis Regime is the tried and tested method.

Norway has been conquered already so they can do nothing until one of their cities is liberated. They begin the game already allied to Britain, the US, France and Commonwealth, and at war with the Axis powers.

Inactive Spain and Turkey can do nothing except production and moving within their home country. The player controlling Spain and Turkey can move their ships but they must return to a port in their home country at the end of the turn (no sailing all over the map doing recon).

In multiple test games this arrangement has proved to work OK. The relevant rules can be found on page 21 of the game manual.

RufusTFirefly

Post by RufusTFirefly »

Thanks for clarification, icym.
Looks like I should have read the manual more carefully. As being a fashist regime I thought Spain could be attacked by western allies.

Anyway, in game 1 Germany is not interested in any war with Spain. Even now Germany is too busy fighting the enemies at all fronts. There is a lot of pressure by western forces and in the Baltic area the Sovjets have broken the German defence line and are pushing foreward. And I have always kept Spanish production high. Have even upgraded tanks and infantry. So Spain is able to defend well against any aggressor.
falco148

Post by falco148 »

Commonwealth turn has been in Dropbox for over a week now. Lordlau, u somewhere out there...?

Return to “Opponents Wanted”