8.8cm FlaK

Germany At War: Operation Barbarossa 1941 is an elegant turn-based design, inspired by classics such as Panzer General, but with more of a historical focus. You command the German forces through a branching historical campaign covering the entire 1941 campaign as well as part of the 1942 campaign. Dozens of scenarios stretch from the Soviet border all the way to Archangel and towards Astrakhan, the original military goals of Operation Barbarossa. Step into a wargame where your performance will rewrite history, through an addictive combination of compelling gameplay, realistic events and challenging battles.

Moderator: Ronald Wendt

terminator

8.8cm FlaK

Post by terminator »

Hi,
By making a scenario for Rumanian, I realized that there was a difference in the defence value against armoured vehicles between the Rumanian standard of 88 and the German standard of 88 (10 against 18).
10 was the initial value in the game "Operation Barbarossa The Struggle for Russia". 18 as value is better (anti-tank gun). Is it an oversight ?
I did not find a track of standard of 88 used specially by the Rumanian army (?)
8.8 cm Flak was used by other armed forces (even the United States).
It was used by Italian army (renamed Cannone da 88/55).
In 1943 - 1944 Finland bought 90 8.8 cm FlaK 37 cannons from Germany and they were used for air defence of largest cities in Finland. These cannons played an important role against Soviet air raids in Helsinki in February 1944.
I think that it would be useful to add this unit in Finland.
A detail to finish: the name of the Rumanian unit should be presented in the same way as the German unit for the nato symbol (or the opposite?).
Attachments
Flak88.jpg
Flak88.jpg (101.39 KiB) Viewed 85 times
Ronald Wendt

RE: 8.8cm FlaK

Post by Ronald Wendt »

HI terminator,

thanks for the hint. I made a note to investigate that unit. Will be either justified or fixed.

Regards,
Ronald Wendt

Post by Ronald Wendt »

Hi terminator,

my investigation lead to the conclusion that Romania did not have the 8.8 officially in service. So it will be replace by the Vickers 1931 AA gun - not in 1.08 but in a later update.

So for now there will be no change to this.

Regards,
terminator

Post by terminator »

Hi Ronald,

Will Finland or other nations have the 8.8 ? (Read my first comment)

Satisfied to learn that this update (1.08) will not be the last one [:)]
Ronald Wendt

Post by Ronald Wendt »

HI terminator,
ORIGINAL: terminator

Will Finland or other nations have the 8.8 ? (Read my first comment)

Indeed the 8.8 should be added for the other nations that used it! I had noted only the "Romanian problem" so i did only respond to half of your question. Sorry for that.
ORIGINAL: terminator
Satisfied to learn that this update (1.08) will not be the last one [:)]

It surely isn't the last update. As GaW is not paying my bills, it will take longer for new stuff to arrive, but i will work on it whenever there is time left and add new units and features.

Regards,

Return to “Germany at War: Barbarossa 1941”