Music

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

ncc1701e

Music

Post by ncc1701e »

I am still learning this game when time allows. I am completely overwhelmed by the task.
The computer is beating me easily. I am doing so many mistakes...

But, what I do like is the music for this game. I like it so much that I would like to put it on my iPod for listening into my car. Am I crazy? [:D]

However, I do not find the music files in the SOUND directory or any other. Are the music inside the .SFX files? If so, I will not do anything then.

Thanks
Chancellor Gorkon to Captain James T. Kirk:
You don't trust me, do you? I don't blame you. If there is to be a brave new world, our generation is going to have the hardest time living in it.
chemkid

RE: Music

Post by chemkid »

chemkid

Post by chemkid »

m10bob

Post by m10bob »

You may also change to format to .wav..I have swapped out a lot of sound files within the game and have taken clips from famous Hollyweird movies and put them in the game.

If you ever hear a sub commander in the game yelling "dive,dive!"...that is Clark Gable from Run Silent,Run Deep".
Some modders have replaced some of the in game songs for old "Victory At Sea" tunes, (a big TV series from the 1950's...

No, you are NOT being out of the ordinary for liking the tunes in Matrixgames, and I have heard some of them played (without permission I suspect) on the television on the History channel, etc.

mind_messing

Post by mind_messing »

ORIGINAL: m10bob

No, you are NOT being out of the ordinary for liking the tunes in Matrixgames, and I have heard some of them played (without permission I suspect) on the television on the History channel, etc.

Nobody is credited in the manual for the music. I suspect that the music itself is in the public domain now.
John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

ORIGINAL: ncc1701e

I am still learning this game when time allows. I am completely overwhelmed by the task.

But, what I do like is the music for this game. I like it so much that I would like to put it on my iPod for listening into my car. Am I crazy? [:D]

However, I do not find the music files in the SOUND directory or any other. Are the music inside the .SFX files? If so, I will not do anything then.

Thanks

Like your Star Trekness!

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.
m10bob

Post by m10bob »

ORIGINAL: mind_messing

ORIGINAL: m10bob

Nobody is credited in the manual for the music. I suspect that the music itself is in the public domain now.

May be wrong here but I believe all of the credits are still on the opening screen of the game itself.

ncc1701e

Post by ncc1701e »

ORIGINAL: John 3rd

Thanks

Like your Star Trekness!

Touché! But, you guys play with another Enterprise ... CV-6, I presume.
You don't trust me, do you? I don't blame you. If there is to be a brave new world, our generation is going to have the hardest time living in it.
ncc1701e

Post by ncc1701e »

ORIGINAL: chemkid

just rename the .sfx suffix to .mp3 - enjoy!

Thank you, I have tried renaming the files but it does not work for me. Looks like iTunes does not read them. I have also tried to rename to .wav and same result.

Any conversion tool I must use?

Cheers
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: chemkid

just rename the .sfx suffix to .mp3 - enjoy!

Thank you, I have tried renaming the files but it does not work for me. Looks like iTunes does not read them. I have also tried to rename to .wav and same result.

Any conversion tool I must use?

Cheers
Apple doesn't like anything created by some other tech company!
Try using Windows Media Player on a .mp3 or .wav file extension.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
rustysi

Post by rustysi »

Am I crazy?

The short answer is yes.[:D] Then again you're in good company. Sorry that's all I got, can't help, other than what's been posted above.
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
ncc1701e

Post by ncc1701e »

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

Apple doesn't like anything created by some other tech company!
Try using Windows Media Player on a .mp3 or .wav file extension.

Thanks, works fine with Windows Media Player but won't go to iTunes. [:(]
pontiouspilot

Post by pontiouspilot »

You must be trying to get rid of your wife! I'm not convinced that she wouldn't get it all if a judge heard the music.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”