Combat animations

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

gmtello

Combat animations

Post by gmtello »

What are the best settings to keep combat animations in an email game but only taking 5 to 10 seconds without pressing esc? (Thanks u in advance)
BBfanboy

RE: Combat animations

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: gmtello

What are the best settings to keep combat animations in an email game but only taking 5 to 10 seconds without pressing esc? (Thanks u in advance)
You can speed up the presentation of the animations by changing the delay setting for various kinds of combat (ground-ground, air-ground, air-naval, naval-naval, ASW, etc.) Go to the game preferences button near the upper left corner of the game screen to find these.
I use 0.5 seconds for each message because 1.0 seems too slow and 0.1 is to fast to read.

If the combat being presented is not worth watching I still use the ESC key to move on.

Some people use the "-noFire" switch (not sure if I got the syntax right) in the game shortcut properties to remove the fire effects from the animations and make it go faster.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
HansBolter

Post by HansBolter »

1.0 isn't certainly NOT too slow.

I set mine to 1.0 to even have a chance of gleaning what the reports states before it disappears.

I use escape to shorten most air to ground bombardments and some unimportant ground battles.

I want every nuance of info from important ground battles, naval surface battles and air attacks on ships and never escape out of them.
Hans

crsutton

Post by crsutton »

Yep, play the game for a decade and you will hit the esc button 95% of the time anyways.[;)]
I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg
rustysi

Post by rustysi »

Doesn't hitting the 'esc' button invoke the 'sync bug' in PBEM?
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
btd64

Post by btd64 »

Hasn't caused any problems here....GP
Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
New Game Development Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton