Add your scenario to TOAW4!

The sequel of the legendary wargame with a complete graphics and interface overhaul, major new gameplay and design features such as full naval combat modelling, improved supply handling, numerous increases to scenario parameters to better support large scenarios, and integrated PBEM++.
larryfulkerson

RE: Add your scenario to TOAW4!

Post by larryfulkerson »

Hey Rhino dude: To answer your question I thought I'd post a picture of my WWII - Asia direcdtory now. It's got scenario's from
Thomas Harvey, and Bob Cross, and Steve Sill and I don't know who all. Those scenario's in the boxes are the newer ones.
Most of them cover the Pacific War and that's because of all the testing we've been doing with the new naval rules. There's some
excellent scenarios available to play now.

Attachments
temp.jpg
temp.jpg (179.78 KiB) Viewed 159 times
Interviewer: "What is your greatest weakness?"
Elderly Gentleman: "My honesty."
Interviewer: "Well I hardly think that could be a weakness."
Elderly Gentleman: "I don't give a fuck what you think."
rhinobones

Post by rhinobones »

Larry

Appreciate the reply.

Merry Christmas, RhinoBones
Colin Wright:
Pre Combat Air Strikes # 64 . . . I need have no concern about keeping it civil

Post by broccolini » Sun Nov 06, 2022
. . . no-one needs apologize for douchebags acting like douchebags
Hairog

Post by Hairog »

Just putting the finishing touches on a mod or Strategic Command 3. It follows my books.
I'll try my hand here as well.

Attachments
Books13covers.jpg
Books13covers.jpg (138.98 KiB) Viewed 158 times
WW III 1946 Books
SC3 EAW WW Three 1946 Mod and Naval Mods
WarPlan and WarPlan Pac Alpha and Be
Meyer1

Post by Meyer1 »

Is there a provisional list of the scenarios included in the release?
Neilster

Post by Neilster »

A bit off topic but one I'd like to see would be a Manchuria 45 scenario. Pretty tough for the Japanese against battle hardened Soviet forces but victory conditions could take care of that. It's not a well known campaign but was conducted in record time, over a vast area, in trying conditions and was much studied as a template for potential post-war Warsaw Pact operations.

I just don't have time to devote to doing it myself [:(]

Edit: Sorry about the Vietnamese but it is a good map [:)]

Cheers, Neilster

Attachments
914pxManc..tion_map.jpg
914pxManc..tion_map.jpg (249.99 KiB) Viewed 156 times
Cheers, Neilster
NikolaiEzhov

Post by NikolaiEzhov »

I have some of my scenarios to submit:

-- Sino-Soviet 69 Yuguri v3.0, a completely re-wrote version of Sino-Soviet 69. All Soviet/China OOB and TOE reworked.
-- Fulda 55 Yugiri, a re-wrote version of Fulda 55, rewriting all Soviet/US TOE&OOB which makes the scenario more balanced.
-- Operation Desert Storm, a Soviet Union version: hypothesis Soviet Union&Warsaw Pact campaign of the ODS.
-- Operation Desert Storm, a PRC version: hypothesis People's Liberation Army campaign of the ODS.
-- Taiwan 2016: hypothesis PLA invasion of Taiwan in 2016.

For years I'm working on the history of the PLA. It's sad to say that the current TOAW III scenarios show little concerning about the Chinese PLA, and those included the PLA never get straight on its OOB&TOE. Hope that my scenarios on the 1970s/90s/2010s PLA may be fun and useful for the others.

However I have little knowledge and experience on making PO, and all these scenarios are PBEM only, at least for now![:)]

Regards, Nikolai.
Proletariat of the world, unite!
NikolaiEzhov

Post by NikolaiEzhov »

Manchuria campaign may be too tough for the Japanese...

I played my own Sino-Soviet 69 version (a "basing on historical" version) with my friend for 5 times. Each time the Harbin and Changchun is abandoned at the very first turn, or the defenders would lost all its garrisons in a huge pocket. And after Changchun, Shenyang is only a matter of time...

Considering that the PLA in 1969 was much stronger that the Kwantougun in 1945, and the later suffered a very bad strategic situation at the beginning of the operation, it should be nearly impossible for the Japanese to hold even one of the major cities in the AO, including Port Arthur and Peking.

But I believe that the scenario must be interesting.[:)]

Regards, Nikolai.
Proletariat of the world, unite!
KungPao

Post by KungPao »

ORIGINAL: NikolaiEzhov

Manchuria campaign may be too tough for the Japanese...

I played my own Sino-Soviet 69 version (a "basing on historical" version) with my friend for 5 times. Each time the Harbin and Changchun is abandoned at the very first turn, or the defenders would lost all its garrisons in a huge pocket. And after Changchun, Shenyang is only a matter of time...

Considering that the PLA in 1969 was much stronger that the Kwantougun in 1945, and the later suffered a very bad strategic situation at the beginning of the operation, it should be nearly impossible for the Japanese to hold even one of the major cities in the AO, including Port Arthur and Peking.

But I believe that the scenario must be interesting.[:)]

Regards, Nikolai.
Neilster

Yes, it's going to be an interesting scenario, still remember the scenes in movie "Purple Sunset", T34/85 rolling down a dirt road, exchanging fire with Japanese AT Gun.

the scenario can be balanced with VP and victory condition, just as Neilster suggested.
Sir? Do you want to order a Kung Pao Chicken or a Kung Fu Chicken?
cantona2

Post by cantona2 »

Will Boonierats' Vietnam Series of scenarios be included?
1966 was a great year for English Football...Eric was born

BigDuke66

Post by BigDuke66 »

Hopefully, that is a great series about Vietnam.
KungPao

Post by KungPao »

I would love to see "Operation Neva Leningrad 1944: The Leningrad-Novgorod Offensive" in TOAW 4
this is one of the best Eastern Front Scenario at Battalion level
Sir? Do you want to order a Kung Pao Chicken or a Kung Fu Chicken?
Boonierat1972

Post by Boonierat1972 »

Hello guys!

Thanks for the comments on the VCO series. It would be great to have them included in TOAW IV but I'm not sure they will work ok with the new engine, might require some playtests to see if they unfold as intended. In any case, they can be found here :

https://sites.google.com/site/vietnamcombatoperations/
Stéphane Moutin-Luyat
Vietnam Combat Operations
gregb41352

Post by gregb41352 »

see below.
gregb41352

Post by gregb41352 »

ORIGINAL: WriterJWA

I'm not sure what the author's availability is, but these Vietnam Combat Operations scenarios are remarkable!

I was actually referring to these amazing scenarios. Hope they make it into IV.
r6kunz

Post by r6kunz »

ORIGINAL: gobadgers

ORIGINAL: WriterJWA

I'm not sure what the author's availability is, but these Vietnam Combat Operations scenarios are remarkable!

I was actually referring to these amazing scenarios. Hope they make it into IV.
Good news! Stéphane MOUTIN LUYAT, the author of these amazing scenarios, is still active and has expressed an interest in continuing work on updating these scenarios for TOAW IV, and possibly adding to the series. I have already downloaded the series into the TOAW IVBeta, and they seem to be compatible with regards to graphics, terrain tiles, etc. Most of the original playtesters of Vietnam Combat Operations are on the TOAWIVBeta team and hopefully can vet the scenarios for IV.

Cheers,
Robert
go Bucky!
Avatar image was taken in hex 87,159 Vol 11 of
Vietnam Combat Operations by Stéphane MOUTIN LUYAT aka Boonierat.
macgregor

Post by macgregor »

It would be nice if the game were able to realistically offer the kinds of operational options available in today's world; such as the installation of a no-fly zones and a realistic depiction of what drones and air power can do. The battle between 'boots on the ground' and air alone is an old one, but it shouldn't be. For everyday we change the game for the air option while the 'boots on the ground' approach will always incur friendly loss on a scale much more relative to the those inflicted.
erazerhead99

Post by erazerhead99 »

These things would be major new features, probably not so easily implemented in such an old engine.

But if possible, i would be glad to buy 'TOAW4 - Modern Warfare DLC'.
BigDuke66

Post by BigDuke66 »

Lets face it, the most interesting era for TOAW was, is and surely will always be way in the past.
If you want some real modern stuff why not try Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations tt.asp?forumid=1154
ncc1701e

Post by ncc1701e »

I agree also I would love some modern stuff with drones / spy satellites and co. But, TOAW is more WW2 oriented.

In case of modern warfare, TOAW would have to add lots of stuff. Starting with treating multiple nationalities inside the same scenario. Ground troops from one nationality supported by an air coalition of other nationalities. This tend to be the trend these days.[:D]
Chancellor Gorkon to Captain James T. Kirk:
You don't trust me, do you? I don't blame you. If there is to be a brave new world, our generation is going to have the hardest time living in it.
Anonymous

[Deleted]

Post by Anonymous »

[Deleted by Admins]

Return to “The Operational Art of War IV”