Midget sub

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

gmtello

Midget sub

Post by gmtello »

Playing guadalcanal some midget sub appear in shortlands . If u set a tf midget there only appear the small ones so they dont have a big one to drive them so they are useless because they can barely move. How can i take them to tulagi?. Same with l barges they cant barely move one hex. How can i use them between finschafen and buna and transport supply
dr.hal

RE: Midget sub

Post by dr.hal »

All TFs no matter what type will move at one hex per turn after running out of fuel, this is done to simulate towing. You can move your midgets via this method, however this will incur damage to the subs, which might be substantial over the time needed to get them to their destination. Another method is to us the regular subs in the Japanese fleet that carry midgets and transport them that way. I can't recall which subs do this, but others in the forum will let you know. However I'm not sure if you disband the sub with it's midget in a friendly port, then the midget would appear for use in the next turn independent of the transport sub... I'll have to test that out... or maybe someone has already done so.
Alpha77

Post by Alpha77 »

Another method could be to get supply to the harbour where you want the midgets (I can not remember now, but believe 10000 or 20000 is the amount you need to create them).

I was able to create midgets at Guadalcanal with the amount of supply, so it seems it does not need a big port

With barges you should include them with some transports etc. that have fuel, they should be able to refuel the LBs for bigger distances (while subs can not refueled at sea)

BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: dr.hal

All TFs no matter what type will move at one hex per turn after running out of fuel, this is done to simulate towing. You can move your midgets via this method, however this will incur damage to the subs, which might be substantial over the time needed to get them to their destination. Another method is to us the regular subs in the Japanese fleet that carry midgets and transport them that way. I can't recall which subs do this, but others in the forum will let you know. However I'm not sure if you disband the sub with it's midget in a friendly port, then the midget would appear for use in the next turn independent of the transport sub... I'll have to test that out... or maybe someone has already done so.
Disbanding them simulates sending them away on a cargo vessel, so there is a lag time before they show up in the pools - three weeks I think.
You can draw them from the pools using supply at a big base (about 64 supply per sub is used) or from a convoy that is carrying over 10K supply that originated in Japan. The option to create barges/mini-subs will light up when the circumstances are right.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
gmtello

Post by gmtello »

Once a ss17 appeared it grave me the chance to set a Carrier mini sube tf but when i TRANSFER the mini inside the interfaces blocked the done button sayin that only one midget and one carrier could take place ( that was alleggedly What i Was doing) help please
LargeSlowTarget

Post by LargeSlowTarget »

SS17? You mean I-17, don't you? That sub cannot transport midget subs. Only the type C1 subs have the ability to carry midget subs, that class includes I-16, I-18, I-20, I-22 and I-24.
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: gmtello

Once a ss17 appeared it grave me the chance to set a Carrier mini sube tf but when i TRANSFER the mini inside the interfaces blocked the done button sayin that only one midget and one carrier could take place ( that was alleggedly What i Was doing) help please
If you created several mini subs in a group, you need to split off one before it can be allocated to the mother sub.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”