Auto-garrison

The King or the Parliament? Choose your side and take command of the Cavaliers armies or the Roundheads and the Covenanters.
Gribeauval

Auto-garrison

Post by Gribeauval »

Sometimes, a big city with a level 1 (or 2) fort doesn't get an automatic garrison when it is attacked.

It can favor both sides and I believe that auto-garrison is not automatic in Ageod games. It must be working as desired.

But , here, control of cities is crucial and it can be disastrous for one side (I have lost several well-fortified and wealthy cities, because I relied on an automatic garrison).
I don't have enough units to hold all cities. If I put a lot of regular troops in the cities, i don't have any fields army.

DEB

RE: Auto-garrison

Post by DEB »

This is historically accurate. Possibly more so in the ECW than in the TYW...
xj900uk

Post by xj900uk »

Automatic garrison is not guaranteed. This may be frustrating for the player but it reflects the RL happenings in the ECW.
Several castles were left to garrison themselves, but when the opposition turned up to lay siege, they were bewilderingly found to be empty other than for the oppositions colours flying from the tops of the poles... This certainly happened at both Warwick and Northampton, and it nearly happened at Worcester.
Gribeauval

Post by Gribeauval »

Thanks for these explanations.

Return to “English Civil War”