parusski may have passed

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

JosephM

RE: parusski may have passed

Post by JosephM »

Paulo's just mentioned this to me, and RIP Parusski. As he said we have two tickets from just before, so literally two days after we last spoke to him. Certainly a gentleman who will be missed.
british exil

Post by british exil »

Saddened to hear this sad and terrible news.

Some forum members take a break from gaming every now and then or real life gets in the way of our posting on the threads, so it was no big deal to miss a few names once in a while.

But to hear such news, it hurts. I know I never knew him personally, but as an avid forum reader, I enjoyed his posts. Friendly and open hearted, esp to Rhonda.
He will be missed.

Last Post 7/3/2016 1:57:23 AM

RIP Steiner.

Mat
"It is not enough to expect a man to pay for the best, you must also give him what he pays for." Alfred Dunhill

WitE,UV,AT,ATG,FoF,FPCRS
Jim D Burns

Post by Jim D Burns »

The one thing that has been nagging at me about this is a vague memory I had about parusski mentioning he had two sons once. It's the reason the thread title says "may have passed" instead of "has passed".

All the details, date of birth, place lived, timeline with last post in the forum, wifes name, etc. all lead me to believe he has passed away, but the cop in me was nagged by the old memory (never ignore any facts in a case no matter how small), but I wasn't sure it was he who stated it and not another forum member I was confusing him with.

So I spent the last couple weeks going back and reviewing old threads I had posted in (thank god for the threads I've contributed to filter) and I finally found it.

Post number 21 in this thread:

tm.asp?m=3702595

clearly states he has two sons. So why no mention of them on the survived by line on the memorial site or the facebook post? I guess it's possible they were estranged or even worse perhaps he lost them both recently and his family has been visited with tragedy upon tragedy of late. But it does leave a glimmer of hope my findings are just an amazing coincidence and he is still alive and kicking somewhere.

Doubtful I know, but this one fact does exist and should not be ignored I think.

Jim
Zap

Post by Zap »

Estranged possible. He was recently divorced and remarried.
wodin

Post by wodin »

I agree:(

ORIGINAL: Iain McNeil

This is so sad, made even more so by how long it took for us to find out, though you can see why. :(
GaryChildress

Post by GaryChildress »

ORIGINAL: Jim D Burns

The one thing that has been nagging at me about this is a vague memory I had about parusski mentioning he had two sons once. It's the reason the thread title says "may have passed" instead of "has passed".

All the details, date of birth, place lived, timeline with last post in the forum, wifes name, etc. all lead me to believe he has passed away, but the cop in me was nagged by the old memory (never ignore any facts in a case no matter how small), but I wasn't sure it was he who stated it and not another forum member I was confusing him with.

So I spent the last couple weeks going back and reviewing old threads I had posted in (thank god for the threads I've contributed to filter) and I finally found it.

tm.asp?m=3702595

clearly states he has two sons. So why no mention of them on the survived by line on the memorial site or the facebook post? I guess it's possible they were estranged or even worse perhaps he lost them both recently and his family has been visited with tragedy upon tragedy of late. But it does leave a glimmer of hope my findings are just an amazing coincidence and he is still alive and kicking somewhere.

Doubtful I know, but this one fact does exist and should not be ignored I think.

Jim

I hope you're right and maybe it's the wrong obit. But the fact that he hasn't responded to this thread isn't encouraging. :(

Just turned 50 a couple weeks ago myself. It's kind of depressing to hear when someone may have passed at such a young age.
Greybriar

Post by Greybriar »

The one thing that has been nagging at me about this is a vague memory I had about parusski mentioning he had two sons once....

Some people use the internet as their make believe world. Perhaps he had wanted two sons in real life but they only existed in his imagination and his forum posts.
This war is not about slavery. --Robert E. Lee
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

also 50 in a couple of months, an eye opener for sure, RIP and let's all learn from it, and enjoy and live for the moment, as old age doesn't come for everyone it seems[:(]
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

tm.asp?m=3702595

Jim

Interesting find, Jim. Thanks for the follow up.
Qwixt

Post by Qwixt »

tm.asp?m=3702595

Jim

While it is indeed strange that sons are not mentioned, too many other things match up. His profile page has this, "From: Jackson Tn", and the funereal home is about 10 miles from Jackson. Birthdates from profile and obit match. The OP mentions that the wife's name matches up. Then combine that with he stopped responding, even with a ticket entered into support.
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

ORIGINAL: zakblood

also 50 in a couple of months, an eye opener for sure
I'm 52 and my eye opener was actually the TulliusDetritus post two years ago, when he told us that he had a brain stroke.
I begun to take some extra precautions, like trying to control my cholesterol levels and doing more physical exercise. In spite of all the precautions, we all know that the "unexpectable" is just around the corner. [:(]
RedLancer

Post by RedLancer »

I recently had to travel to London. As I passed the new memorial commemorating those who served in Iraq and Afghanistan I took some time to spend a few moments in contemplation. It was time well spent from the hustle and bustle of modern life.

Reading this thread and reflecting on those Forum members who have recently passed, and whom we miss, I wondered whether we ought to create our own memorial area, in some format, on this Forum to commemorate those who have enriched our lives by engaging with us here.
John
WitE2 Asst Producer
WitE & WitW Dev
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

sounds like a very good idea 2me
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
british exil

Post by british exil »

Lest they be forgotten.

It is a very good idea.

Mat
"It is not enough to expect a man to pay for the best, you must also give him what he pays for." Alfred Dunhill

WitE,UV,AT,ATG,FoF,FPCRS
Gilmer

Post by Gilmer »

ORIGINAL: Qwixt

tm.asp?m=3702595

Jim

While it is indeed strange that sons are not mentioned, too many other things match up. His profile page has this, "From: Jackson Tn", and the funereal home is about 10 miles from Jackson. Birthdates from profile and obit match. The OP mentions that the wife's name matches up. Then combine that with he stopped responding, even with a ticket entered into support.

Plus someone just asked me "Is this post yours" from Wastelands Interactive forum - a post from 2012.

Look at the poster parrusski.

http://forum.wastelands-interactive.com/showthread.php?6577-New-Question-Norm-Kroger-s-TOAW-III

That parrusski was from "Brentwood Tennessee and Cheyenne Wyoming ".
"Venimus, vidimus, Deus vicit" John III Sobieski as he entered Vienna on 9/12/1683. "I came, I saw, God conquered."
He that has a mind to fight, let him fight, for now is the time. - Anacreon
Gilmer

Post by Gilmer »

ORIGINAL: Red Lancer

I recently had to travel to London. As I passed the new memorial commemorating those who served in Iraq and Afghanistan I took some time to spend a few moments in contemplation. It was time well spent from the hustle and bustle of modern life.

Reading this thread and reflecting on those Forum members who have recently passed, and whom we miss, I wondered whether we ought to create our own memorial area, in some format, on this Forum to commemorate those who have enriched our lives by engaging with us here.

Excellent idea, in my opinion.
"Venimus, vidimus, Deus vicit" John III Sobieski as he entered Vienna on 9/12/1683. "I came, I saw, God conquered."
He that has a mind to fight, let him fight, for now is the time. - Anacreon
TulliusDetritus

Post by TulliusDetritus »

ORIGINAL: VPaulus
I'm 52 and my eye opener was actually the TulliusDetritus post two years ago, when he told us that he had a brain stroke.
I begun to take some extra precautions, like trying to control my cholesterol levels and doing more physical exercise. In spite of all the precautions, we all know that the "unexpectable" is just around the corner. [:(]

I don't want to scare anybody but brain strokes are not targetting the classic victims: smokers, drinkers, the "I told you so" people that is. Among the victims, there are MANY who don't smoke / drink, do a lot of sport, and especially really young people (teens, or people in their 20s, 30s)... that's why they are puzzled. The main theory is this: our modern life, stress etc.

In my case, the brain stroke was atypical (which is positive, now I'm 99% safe, unlike most of the victims: second, third, fourth strokes are very common, and one of them might finish you). Looks like I have Lupus (which is not very common and of course I didn't know it). And the clown is attacking my blood [:D] The day of the stroke it formed a blood clot and sent it to the brain [:@]

My sister could read the medical record.

"Observations: never visited a doctor before" It was true [:D] And no, visiting a doctor would not have saved me. When you're healthy they look for cholesterol and other common problems, not Lupus, I was told.

But yes, take some precautions. And Carpe Diem.

And yes, let's hope it's a mistake and the guy (Parusski) is alive.
"Hitler is a horrible sexual degenerate, a dangerous fool" - Mussolini, circa 1934
RFalvo69

Post by RFalvo69 »

ORIGINAL: TulliusDetritus
I don't want to scare anybody but brain strokes are not targetting the classic victims: smokers, drinkers, the "I told you so" people that is. Among the victims, there are MANY who don't smoke / drink, do a lot of sport, and especially really young people (teens, or people in their 20s, 30s)... that's why they are puzzled. The main theory is this: our modern life, stress etc.

I, too, don't want to scare anyone - but sometimes "scary informations" can be useful.

You can have a very fine, healthy body and get an heart attack out of the blue. This because sometimes cholesterol, for various reasons, obstructs one or more arteries even if in the rest of the body is fine. So you exercise and are more careful about your diet, you check your exams, everything is totally OK, and... BAM! - next thing you know you are in a hospital bed with a doctor telling you that one of your arteries is 95% obstructed.

What I have learned is that there is a fuzzy line between healthy living (with yearly check-ups) and paranoia - because it can very well happen that paranoia is right. After my two daughters were born I felt the need to have more respect for my body and my health - and you can understand why. However, one can't live in fear: if it happens, it happens. It is like being hit by a car driven by a drunkard: not funny, but what you can do?
"Yes darling, I served in the Navy for eight years. I was a cook..."
"Oh dad... so you were a God-damned cook?"

(My 10 years old daughter after watching "The Hunt for Red October")
Speedysteve

Post by Speedysteve »

Such sad news[:(] RIP Parusski.

RL - that's a good idea with the memorial area
WitE 2 Tester
WitE Tester
BTR/BoB Tester

Return to “General Discussion”