Game Temporarily Hangs [Solved]

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.
astjohn76

Game Temporarily Hangs [Solved]

Post by astjohn76 »

Hello

I have noticed that the application hangs while processing a turn and sometimes while calculating air combat. When a turn is being processed especially while calculating supply I check the task manager and I see that the .exe turns red indicating an application hang. I've noticed this since left clicking on the map during processing a turn I get the windows message saying the application isn't responding. My comp is relatively new and I don't have any other issues with other games.
Benedict151

RE: Game Temporarily Hangs

Post by Benedict151 »

hello astjohn76

We're sorry to hear you are experiencing problems

If it is possible to receive the following it would be fantastic and really help us track things down

1) Screenshot of the error screen.

2) The contents of the ERROR folder that is generated in your Users\<your name>\My Documents\My Games\Strategic Command - WWII War in Europe\ERROR folder.

3) Steps to reproduce the error and any information on whether it was repeatable or not (I know you largely cover this in your original post, but if anything else strieks you).

regards
Ben Wilkins
astjohn76

Post by astjohn76 »

Hello

Thank You for the reply.

So with a little tinkering I solved the problem! Apparently I had to run the compatibility troubleshooting option for the program since I am using Windows 10. It seems most older programs don't work well with Windows 10.

Now the game doesn't hang at all and runs beautifully.

[8D]
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

Hi Astjohn76, can you tell me which compatibility setting (or settings) you selected in order to get the game to run on your end?

This might be helpful for others in a similar situation.

Thanks,
Hubert
astjohn76

Post by astjohn76 »

Hello Hubert

Locate the .exe for the game and right click it then click troubleshoot compatibility. The rest should be self explanatory. The setting that Windows recommended was Windows 8 which is what I selected. Now the game doesn't get hung when I click during calculating supply anymore.

Return to “Tech Support”