Is there any way to get the non steam version?

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

makasouleater69

Is there any way to get the non steam version?

Post by makasouleater69 »

I own the game on steam, I was wondering if there is any way to get it on here? I don't really like steam at all, and this is the only game I have on there worth playing.Hoping I could get rid of steam. Thanks for any help. Looks like I can just move the folder out of steam and it works with steam uninstalled :) Guess that will work if there is no other way :)
Bingeling

RE: Is there any way to get the non steam version?

Post by Bingeling »

You can buy it here, but I believe that Steam could run better sales.

If you buy here you should be able to register it at Steam (but that appears not to be your thing anyways).

http://www.matrixgames.com/products/515/details/Distant.Worlds.-.Universe

It seems to be quite a bit cheaper on Steam for me, right now, at least. And not on sale.
Shark7

RE: Is there any way to get the non steam version?

Post by Shark7 »

If you buy it here, you don't have to register at Steam or deal with the Steam DRM. Definite advantages there IMO and worth having to pay a bit more for it.
Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”