Private Beta v2.28b

Advanced Tactics is a versatile turn-based strategy system that gives gamers the chance to wage almost any battle in any time period. The initial release focuses on World War II and includes a number of historical scenarios as well as a full editor! This forum supports both the original Advanced Tactics and the new and improved Advanced Tactics: Gold Edition.

Moderator: Vic

Vic

Private Beta v2.28b

Post by Vic »

Hi all,

Recommended to only try this Private Patch if you really have a need to or just want to help me out checking if it runs properly.

This beta can only be installed on top of the MATRIX version and NOT(!) on top of the Steam version.

It can be manually installed on top of the latest 2.27g version or higher.

Important Warning: I also switched the core libraries from .net 2.0 to .net 4.5 so Windows XP will not be able to run this version anymore. Let me know if you run into any errors with this private beta v2.28.

Download it here:
http://www.vrdesigns.net/privatepatch/A ... d_228b.zip

1. Extract the files and directories in the zip.

2. Copy them over the files in your Advanced Tactics Gold directory

Changelist for v2.28b

ALLOW FORTS TO ONLY PROVIDE BONUS TO LIMITED NUMBER OF TROOPS
-Location Types can now get LandStack Points specified that limit the beneficial effect of Fortifications to a certain number of land unit Stack Points (or sea if in harbour they’ll be able to use as well).
-If there are more Troops that the LandStack Points of a Fortification Location Type supports then the Troops that will be chosen to use it will be the ones with the highest Defensive Modifier given by the Landscape Type referenced in the Location Type. There will be no replacements of casualties manning the “forts” during combat.
-Also Location Types that are damaged will provide less beneficial effects for their occupants in combat concerning combat modifiers, but also concerning extra minimum and maximum entrenchment.
-Note the reduced entrench benefit rules do not take into account landStack Points, only structural damage done a Location.
-The default LandCap for a Location Type is 0, which means there is no limit to number of individuals it will support in battle
-The reduced entrenchment min/max effect of loctype is implemented for all running games as it was rather an omission it did not work like that yet.

NATO COUNTER FEATURE IMPROVEMENTS
-Fixed the NATO counter selection window bug in the TOE Editor. It now support upto 2500 NATO counters instead of just 100. Also added Pagination support to the select window.
-Added 2 extra slots to make layered NATO Counters
-Added a Prefs setting to never gray-out Siluets / NATO Counters if unit has already moved/attacked, which will allow for better layering (and also provide players who don't like it to turn the transparency effects off)

Changelist for v2.28
-SF inspection in older scenarios crash fixed.

-Map Zoom by Mouse Wheel now supported

-Fixed a detailed combat report line that falsely claimed a to high percentage chance that an individual would surrender

-Removed some code that might have caused the Select Hex for Card Play popup to be positioned completely wrong in some scenarios. (Reported in GD’38)

Changelist for v2.27 m
-ExecSFTypeStat and CheckSFTypeStat now also have access to UnitGroup and all Fuel stats including the modifiers (note for the fuel combat/move modifiers: the Check returns a modifier of 0.5 as 50, 1.0 as 100, and the Exec you need to pass 70 to for example set a modifier to 0.7)

-Added CheckSFTypeCounter

-Loaded Aircarrier units moving will stop making aircraft sound

-Fixed a rather obscure issue with an Air Transport weight calculation glitch

-Fixed a glitch where you could see the effect of your enemies naval supply blocks. It is now only possible if no FOW or if you are allied.

Best wishes,
Vic
Attachments
supplyblocks.jpg
supplyblocks.jpg (462.82 KiB) Viewed 722 times
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
ernieschwitz

RE: Private Beta v2.26

Post by ernieschwitz »

Thanks Vic!
Creator of High Quality Scenarios for:
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
    DC: Warsaw to Paris
    DC: Community Project.
Try this Global WW2 Scenario: https://www.vrdesigns.net/scenario.php?nr=280
Ormand

Post by Ormand »

Most Excellent!
One man alone can be pretty dumb sometimes, but for real bona fide stupidity, there ain't nothin' can beat teamwork -- Edward Abbey
cpdeyoung

Post by cpdeyoung »

Navy units in port (or in allied port) now always give recon for that port hex that they are in.

Much appreciated.

Chuck
lion_of_judah

Post by lion_of_judah »

having problems connecting to the site. The correct site that is
GaryChildress

Post by GaryChildress »

Thank you, Vic, for continuing to support this great game!
Vic

Post by Vic »

Updated the private beta from v2.26 to v2.27 !

See top post for the changelist.

The possibility to block sea hexes to determine which path your supplies/transfers take overseas needs a good test. Let me know if there are any unforseen side effects to this new feature please.

Hope you'll all enjoy.

best wishes,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
Vic

Post by Vic »

Update to v2.27 B.

Introduced a nasty bug with the first v2.27 version, it should now be fixed. Thanks to everybody for the quick responses to help me find it.

Best wishes,
Vic
ernieschwitz

Post by ernieschwitz »

Wow, really appreciate Vic's efforts. A patch just for me? :) What's not to love! :)

It just made one of my cards work 100 times faster... (and it is literally 100 times faster if not more)

Thanks once more :)
Creator of High Quality Scenarios for:
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
    DC: Warsaw to Paris
    DC: Community Project.
Try this Global WW2 Scenario: https://www.vrdesigns.net/scenario.php?nr=280
cpdeyoung

Post by cpdeyoung »

I am delighted with the new behavior of the Diplomatic map screens!

Please notice that the maps home back to the last used. You can check diplomatic points in Thailand, come back to exert influence, and check how you are doing without having to reselect Thailand each time.

This is the kind of feature/fix that we can all thank Vic for!

Chuck
Vic

Post by Vic »

Update to v2.27d. See above for the minor fix. No urgency to download it, quite minor.
GaryChildress

Post by GaryChildress »

Very awesome!
Cablenexus

Post by Cablenexus »

Hi,

All my new titles I buy directly on Slitherine, but a lot of the previous titles I bought bundle or on Steam Direct.
For Advanced Tactics Gold, my ultimate sandbox hexwar game and the only one, I only have a Steam key.

Can you please tell me if you have an ETA for the beta being on Steam?
I would love to be able to play the Four Seasons mod without errors (and currently 227 must be installed).

Thank you in advance!
Vic

Post by Vic »

No ETA as writing. But it is about time to pack up this private beta and make it the next public version (also for Steam).

I hope end this month.

Best wishes,
Vic
lecrop

Post by lecrop »

Could there be a problem if in a multiplayer game a player has the beta and the others not?

We've already started it and we would prefer not to have to start over. It's a 5 player New Random game.

-----
Vic

Post by Vic »

Updated to v2.27e to fix quite a serious exploit for people playing with the Naval Block functionality. Updating will fix the issue from the next turn played forward.
Vic

Post by Vic »

ORIGINAL: lecrop

Could there be a problem if in a multiplayer game a player has the beta and the others not?

We've already started it and we would prefer not to have to start over. It's a 5 player New Random game.

-----

Its really advised to all use the same version. Though if you are NOT using the new Navy Block functionality I think it should be fine.
lecrop

Post by lecrop »

ORIGINAL: Vic

Its really advised to all use the same version. Though if you are NOT using the new Navy Block functionality I think it should be fine.
Thank you [:)]
Zajcew

Post by Zajcew »

Hello, I'd like to report a problem with the beta patches.
The game freezes while trying to generate random games. Random game generation worked fine until the last official patch 2.25c. Since then after installing any of the new beta patches the game hangs after clicking the "Make" button during random game setup. This happens regardles of the options I choose. The game hangs so hard I can't even quit AdvancedTacticsGold.exe through the windows task manager and have to reset the PC the hard way. I'm running the game on Windows XP SP3.
Any ideas?
Vic

Post by Vic »

Zajcew,

This sounds like a specific issue with your system.

Double check the following please:

1. Game is not installed in C:ProgramFiles directory but outside the ProgramFiles directory

2. Try running Game as administrator

3. Try a complete fresh install and reapplying the beta

4. load a scenario. start the game. Turn high-gfx speed off in prefs. exit. try 'make' again

best wishes,
Vic

Return to “Advanced Tactics Series”