negative war supplies & treasury

The King or the Parliament? Choose your side and take command of the Cavaliers armies or the Roundheads and the Covenanters.
gwgardner

negative war supplies & treasury

Post by gwgardner »

turn three of campaign game as Royalist, my war supplies have gone negative. A bug?

Attachments
capture_001.jpg
capture_001.jpg (30.47 KiB) Viewed 174 times

gwgardner

RE: negative war supplies

Post by gwgardner »

On turn four, I see my treasury go negative too. The tooltip says I have 19 hundred pounds, but the numerical counter next to the treasury symbol shows -1.

dcs

Post by dcs »

They really need to fix these, you can't build units. It's either lack of funds or you're not popular enough in the region where you need to recruit them. It's very frustrating and ruins the game
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

the developer will need to reply as i don't have enough gaming experience to make a judgement or better call on it tbh
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
gwgardner

Post by gwgardner »

Too early for me to determine that there are not enough war supplies, I'm just pointing out the negative values.

There are decisions, etc., related to increasing war supplies that I haven't explored yet.

mawksmonster

Post by mawksmonster »

I had the same problem until I turned off Auto buy replacements. As soon as you do that you will see a nice healthy growth in gold and WS.
gwgardner

Post by gwgardner »

ORIGINAL: mawksmonster

I had the same problem until I turned off Auto buy replacements. As soon as you do that you will see a nice healthy growth in gold and WS.

Thanks for the tip!

Leibst

Post by Leibst »

Yes, that same problem happens or happened in TYW. This are parts of the Ageod engine that go beyond my understanding.
Designer of AGEOD & HQ English Civil War, Thirty Years War and España:1936
Designer of Battles For Spain and Libertad o Muerte!
https://hqwargames.com
DEB

Post by DEB »

Really !!!

This beggars belief...
altipueri

Post by altipueri »

Just play the grown up way and turn off auto buy.
DEB

Post by DEB »

Pray, what kind of response is that to my comment ? It makes absolutely no sense at all...

[ IMHO Leibst really should completely understand the game Engine he is designing with / for ; or else no end of problems can occur and indeed most may prove to be unfixable ! ]
Leibst

Post by Leibst »

I will try to set this by defect in the options, to avoid this kind of situations.
Designer of AGEOD & HQ English Civil War, Thirty Years War and España:1936
Designer of Battles For Spain and Libertad o Muerte!
https://hqwargames.com
gwgardner

Post by gwgardner »

Re DEB's comments, quoting the master himself:
ORIGINAL: DEB

It makes absolutely no sense at all...

DEB, Leibst did not do the underlying programming for the Ageod game engine. He worked with data files, to USE the engine. He's done a job of that.

You said in another thread that you haven't bought the game, and yet you continue to make comments about how bad it is. Kind of strange.

DEB

Post by DEB »

DEB, Leibst did not do the underlying programming for the Ageod game engine. He worked with data files, to USE the engine. He's done a job of that.

I have no doubt that he has done a reasonable job re adjusting data files. However, I maintain that if he does not understand how ALL of the engine works ( his own words ), then flaws and errors will occur in the game play. That is only common sense after all...
You said in another thread that you haven't bought the game, and yet you continue to make comments about how bad it is. Kind of strange.

I have a good grasp of the geography of my country, both current and historical. My comments are mostly to do with the game map ; both with relation to the various screenshots posted ( and viewed ), and comments made by others on this forum, which both my geographical and historical knowledge enable me to agree / disagree with.

[ I also have several historical books on the ECW and both modern and historical atlases I can ( and do ) reference. ]
xj900uk

Post by xj900uk »

Hate to say it, but this is true to the RL ECW - money was in perilous short supply to recruit or pay troops (which is why there was so much looting or pillaging).
Also, the ECW was fought in a 'terribly civilized and gentlemanly way', with attacking troops loath to use their siege artillery when surrounding hostile castles, which is why said sieges tended to last so long.
DEB

Post by DEB »

Hate to say it, but this is true to the RL ECW - money was in perilous short supply to recruit or pay troops (which is why there was so much looting or pillaging).
True.
Also, the ECW was fought in a 'terribly civilized and gentlemanly way', with attacking troops loath to use their siege artillery when surrounding hostile castles, which is why said sieges tended to last so long.
The few accounts I have seen of ECW sieges suggest this is incorrect. Perchance ammunition shortages were more the reason here ( even if a siege train was available )...

[ Cromwell had no such shortages towards the end of the War - hence he "ruined" a fair few of England's Castles. That said, he was more in favour of prosecuting the war in a less "civilized and gentlemanly way" than most of the other Leaders... ]

Return to “English Civil War”