Panzer Corp Mod

Please post here for questions and discussion about modding for Strategic Command.
weaslex

Panzer Corp Mod

Post by weaslex »

ANNOUNCEMENT TIME!

With all the work on this new project, I've decided that I will not just simply be making a new 'skin' for Strategic Command. Instead, this will be a mod that will allow me to get my toes wet with the modding tools that are available. So without further ado, I'm releasing some details for this new mod.

First, this mod is going to be called, 'Panzer Corps Mod', based on the rips of the game, Panzer Corps. (If you haven't figured that these are rips already that is) This mod will allow players to build Light Tanks, and Recon Units, and expand on some artillery. I also want to add tanks to Poland, I mean, come on, they had 7TP's and TKS's, so I won't go hog crazy as these units were in limited numbers, but enough to make Germany pause for a bit. (also, TKS was crap, but it was what Poland had at the time, so if able, I will be tweaking some stats around).

I don't have a date for when this mod will be released, but I'm working on it daily, and am posting updates via Twitter and on the Matrix Games Forums. Note, anything posted may change, nothing is final, what you will be looking at is a mod as it's being built. Also note, I may post this mod on Youtube, but no plans are in place at this time. Finally, I have a day job, I'm one person, and I have a life, give me time, and be patient please. I love the rich history behind WW2, and Strategic Command is a fun, amazing game, with some excellent modding tools. This is going to be the first of a few mods you see from me. :3

Install:
To keep your old unit files (optional, but highly recommended)
1. Make a folder for each of them: ie one named minor_allied, minor_axis, Major_1 ect ect ect. Also make a folder called Old Unit Sprites and put those new folders you made in there.
2. Copy and paste your old Unit_Sprites files into those folders you made. (This is found in StrategicCommand/Bitmaps.)

INSTALLING:
1. Copy and paste your unit_sprites into each of the appropriately named folders.
2. Copy your _1939 Panzer Corps, 1939 Panzer Corps.cgn, and 1939 Panzer Corps.dat.
3. Paste these into: ThisPC/Documents/mygames/StrategicCommandWWII-WarinEurope/Campaigns
4. Play the game and enjoy.

DOWNLOAD LINK: http://www.mediafire.com/file/y622bl4b0 ... RCORPS.rar

Attachments
germany1.jpg
germany1.jpg (337.35 KiB) Viewed 1480 times
tigercub

RE: Panzer Corp Mod

Post by tigercub »

well done nice!
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life
weaslex

Post by weaslex »

Quick update for tonight, spriting for Russia is well underway. This mod will feature as many units as I can rip from Panzer Corps.

Attachments
russia1.jpg
russia1.jpg (323.74 KiB) Viewed 1461 times
scipion1175

Post by scipion1175 »

very nice
Cataphract88

Post by Cataphract88 »

ORIGINAL: scipion1175

very nice

+1
Richard
weaslex

Post by weaslex »

US forces are done, here's a sample:

Attachments
USADONE.jpg
USADONE.jpg (157.1 KiB) Viewed 1444 times
AstroCat

Post by AstroCat »

Very nice! :)
I7-6700K@4.5GHz/Asus MAXIMUS VIII FORMULA/EVGA GTX 1080SC/Corsair LPX 16GB/Corsair 600Q/Corsair RM750i/Acer XB270H 27"/BenQ G2400W 24"/SOUND BLASTER ZX/Samsung 850 Pro x2/Samsung 950 Pro x1/Win10 Pro 64bit/Saitek X52/TrackIR3: Pro-TrackClip Pro/Oculus CV
rjh1971

Post by rjh1971 »

[&o][&o][&o]
GG's AWD, GG's WBTS, GG's WitE Beta Tester
Beta Tester: Panzer Corps, Time of Fury, CtGW, DC CB, DC3 Barbarossa, SC WWII WiE, SC WWII WaW, SC WWI
weaslex

Post by weaslex »

UK is done, and I'm almost done with the rest of the unit sprites. I've got a few minor tweeks here and there, but overall, I'm almost done with graphics. I will be working on the meat of the mod as soon as tomorrow, as well as some details, but for now, enjoy this screen shot of UK's units.

Attachments
UKDONE.jpg
UKDONE.jpg (169.52 KiB) Viewed 1447 times
weaslex

Post by weaslex »

Good news, I may be testing as soon as the end of the week to see how all the icons work, and see if I got the research for these units correct. I've been working on some of the meat of the mod last night. Gave Poland 2 tank units, one a light tank, the TKS, and the other a 7TP. (they had them at the time when war broke out) I also added a Panzer I to Germany to even this out.

I'm thinking of adding a couple of light tanks to France, whom, at the time of war, actually had more tanks than Germany. (Though they were mostly mixed in with infantry divisions and were largely ineffective due to their organization structure. Also, the Renault, which was Frances most numerous tank at the time, didn't have a effective gun against what Germany had, but I digress.) I will probably fix the unit designations too, right now, I'm just using place holders, I do want this to be historically accurate. I've also ran into a few interesting bugs, one with Russia, apparently it didn't take to the reskin, but I figured out what was wrong there. I'm scratching my head over why the UK units are still the same, but I think it's because they have two unit folders... I'm going to have to figure out whats going on, but trust me, I'm on it.

I've also set the turns to simultaneous, no more of the, time skips anymore. (or at least I think I fixed this, again, have yet to test any of this.) I've also got plans to nerf naval movement, though, that will be far far latter in the mod. I need to add light tanks to Russia, and Italy, again, not going hog wild here, but I know there needs some to be some adjustment here and there. Finally, I will be adding a few recon units to the map. So, with all this work, I need to get back to it, but here's a screenshot of the boarder of Germany and Poland, note the units and how they look. Let me know if you think the units are too large, I can probably shrink them down without too much difficulty, but it will take a wee bit of time.

Attachments
update2.jpg
update2.jpg (777.45 KiB) Viewed 1431 times
Cataphract88

Post by Cataphract88 »

They look good to me! [:)]
Richard
weaslex

Post by weaslex »

Quick update, currently working on tweeking a major issue that cropped up that I already know will harm the mod. This apply to MPP, since the game is simultaneous, it gathers resources at an alarming rate. I'm currently in the process of lowering MPP% and upping cost for units and research which should help. GOOD NEWS though, Naval movement has been halved! For those who liked the old movement, I'm sorry, but from what I was seeing, it was a huge pain in the bum. Ships would swarm as soon as they saw anything in the water. This was hard on subs which were constantly being killed, thus nulling any kind of effectiveness they would have.
sPzAbt653

Post by sPzAbt653 »

The UK is Major 1, Major 6 is not used, if that helps.
weaslex

Post by weaslex »

Quick update, I'm running tests on the game, currently fine tuning production as running simultaneous turns tend to mess with production quite a bit. I do have a tiny screen shot of two different Stuarts you will see in the game. I may add another one too, as I want to have as many unique units as possible in the game.

Attachments
stuarts.jpg
stuarts.jpg (10.71 KiB) Viewed 1427 times
marcus725

Post by marcus725 »

This Mod looks AMAZING! Can't wait! [:)]
HimAgain

Post by HimAgain »

Hi Weaslex,

Pretty good looking units. Looks like a lot of work too.
You might even tempt me to use 3D units.

I suggest you use both Stuarts depending on what level of light tank you are trying to display.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers,

Angus

weaslex

Post by weaslex »

PANZER CORPS MOD IS NOW RELEASED! http://www.mediafire.com/file/y622bl4b0 ... RCORPS.rar

Install:
1. Make a folder for each of them: ie one named minor_allied, minor_axis, Major_1 ect ect ect. Also make a folder called Old Unit Sprites and put those new folders you made in there.
2. Copy and paste your old Unit_Sprites files into those folders you made. (This is found in StrategicCommand/Bitmaps.)

INSTALLING:
1. Copy and paste your unit_sprites into each of the appropriately named folders.
2. Copy your _1939 Panzer Corps, 1939 Panzer Corps.cgn, and 1939 Panzer Corps.dat.
3. Paste these into: ThisPC/Documents/mygames/StrategicCommandWWII-WarinEurope/Campaigns

Feedback is always wanted, even negative feedback, so let me know what you think. :3

sPzAbt653

Post by sPzAbt653 »

Post removed due to inaccurate information.
sPzAbt653

Post by sPzAbt653 »

Post removed due to inaccurate information.
scipion1175

Post by scipion1175 »

ORIGINAL: weaslex

PANZER CORPS MOD IS NOW RELEASED! http://www.mediafire.com/file/y622bl4b0 ... RCORPS.rar

Install:

INSTALLING:

Feedback is always wanted, even negative feedback, so let me know what you think. :3

Hello,
I wish to use your mod but I am new to SCWW2 as a "modder". I only find Major4 in the folder campaigns wichever scenario I just after. I do not see any other major or minor folder elsewhere, could you point out a hint? thank you
Also I wish to add some other music as I usually do in HOI or EU etc.. do I have just to add music to the folder or is there also a "script" that play music in a certain manner.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Best regards.

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”