Europe In Turnmoil Mod.

Please post here for questions and discussion about modding for Strategic Command.
kirk23

RE: Europe In Turnmoil Mod.

Post by kirk23 »

In game MPPs have been adjusted,Units will cost more to purchase,and take longer to build and reinforce,Research will be much slower and cost more,Diplomacy will be slower and cost more also.
Make it so!
Kossatx

Post by Kossatx »

ORIGINAL: kirk23

Hi Kossatx, I had not planned on doing anything that changed the map, what I have done is made all the naval loops in game available to all sides, which means for example the German Pocket Battleship Admiral Graf Spee can if it wanted to move to the Persian Gulf or the Red Sea, the Allies will have to guard against this, and protect theses sea areas.[;)]

Great!
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

Oh! Another thing I forgot to mention that will be different in the mod, is that the British won't be abandoning the UK, moving the government to Canada or Egypt ain't happening. Britain will have more than enough forces available to withstand any attempt by Axis forces. I have altered the AI scripts Edinburgh will be the new capital if London or Manchester ever get captured. ( NO CHANCE MISTER HITLER )[:D][:D][:D][:D]
Make it so!
johanssb

Post by johanssb »

Is it normal to have only one BB at start as Italy for this mod ? Also, I don't see Medical Services or Naval Radar as research choices. I'm running version 1.0.
tigercub

Post by tigercub »

coming in 1939
Italy it did enter the war in 1939 that why i said it!
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

There are alot of changes being done to the mod, all of which help make it more of a challenge, which ever side you play as. Now I'm completely overhauling the naval game, as I mentioned previously in an earlier post, named capital units down to Light Cruiser are now included, which means a lot of ships, I have reduced naval movement to be more in line with what happens for land units, but to compensate for the movement reduction, I have been adding more naval loops, for example this one Skagerrak to Denmark Strait. The Axis player can now be more secretive about their naval activities.[:)]

All Naval units now have zero zone of control.

Attachments
Skagerrak..valloop.jpg
Skagerrak..valloop.jpg (184.64 KiB) Viewed 137 times
Make it so!
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

There are alot of changes being done to the mod, all of which help make it more of a challenge, which ever side you play as. Now I'm completely overhauling the naval game, as I mentioned previously in an earlier post, named capital units down to Light Cruiser are now included, which means a lot of ships, I have reduced naval movement to be more in line with what happens for land units, but to compensate for the movement reduction, I have been adding more naval loops, for example this one Skagerrak to Denmark Strait. The Axis player can now be more secretive about their naval activities.[:)]

All Naval units now have zero zone of control.

3 turns later and 2 German surface raiders are in the Denmark Strait ready to attack the Allied convoy system.

Attachments
Germansur..kStrait.jpg
Germansur..kStrait.jpg (165.56 KiB) Viewed 137 times
Make it so!
gwgardner

Post by gwgardner »

That's a clever idea, and much needed. In all of my games, by 1941 it has been impossible to get subs onto the convoy lanes for any length of time, to the point that I generally quit building them. Hope this new feature makes it more interesting.

kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

I have other naval loops added to the map, that do indeed make the naval game much more interesting! [;)]
Make it so!
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

The game is taking much longer than expected,because I'm in the process of completely rewriting the naval AI. Don't get me wrong I really love this game, but to say the standard naval AI is stupid is being kind, I would suggest it's actually clinically INSANE!!

I have went to the trouble of creating new naval loops, and I have told the ships to use these loops. For example the German Heavy Cruiser Deutschland/Lutzow, has been directed to use the new naval loop at the Denmark Strait, and make its way to safety via this loop, who's destination is the Skagerrak, as you know which is very near Germany and safety and mission accomplished you would think. But no you would be wrong, the stupid cruiser instead of heading for Wilhelmshaven or Kiel, instead takes it upon itself to head across the North Sea over to the British main naval base at Scapa Flow, and start attacking the all the ships in the Home Fleet,what a COMPLETE NUTTER![:@]

Hence the reason for me completely rewriting the Naval AI.[:)]
Make it so!
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

It appears I have a big problem,its not so much the Fleet AI that is making ludicrious decisions, it must be files that it appears can't be edited using the Editor. I think the problem is the Combat decisions in I believe the Inf files.

The Inf files for Combat and Target is where the problem lies, and as I said it appears I can't open and edit these files. So I have reached an inpass.[&:]
Make it so!
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

This is another problem that should not happen,Submarines surrounded and blocked from moving? Who are you trying to kid Submarine can dive and go where ever they want and there is nothing surface ships can do about it, even today 2017 this is impossible.[&:]

In the photo none of the cruisers can even locate a submerged Submarine, let alone block its movement & attack it? So only the Destroyer has the potential to locate and attack these Submarines,and even that is doubtful early in the war because the technology was not up to the task.

Attachments
Thisisimpossible.jpg
Thisisimpossible.jpg (79.13 KiB) Viewed 139 times
Make it so!
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

Denmark Strait and Iceland/Faroe Gap to Skagerrak are now Axis only naval loops, I have also reduced the text font size, it now looks better on the map.

Attachments
DenmarkSt..alloops.jpg
DenmarkSt..alloops.jpg (188.79 KiB) Viewed 137 times
Make it so!
rjh1971

Post by rjh1971 »

This is another problem that should not happen,Submarines surrounded and blocked from moving? Who are you trying to kid Submarine can dive and go where ever they want and there is nothing surface ships can do about it, even today 2017 this is impossible.[&:]

In the photo none of the cruisers can even locate a submerged Submarine, let alone block its movement & attack it? So only the Destroyer has the potential to locate and attack these Submarines,and even that is doubtful early in the war because the technology was not up to the task.

This has been addressed in v1.03.01, ships will be able to move across other naval units at the risk of losing one strength point.
GG's AWD, GG's WBTS, GG's WitE Beta Tester
Beta Tester: Panzer Corps, Time of Fury, CtGW, DC CB, DC3 Barbarossa, SC WWII WiE, SC WWII WaW, SC WWI
rjh1971

Post by rjh1971 »

There are alot of changes being done to the mod, all of which help make it more of a challenge, which ever side you play as. Now I'm completely overhauling the naval game, as I mentioned previously in an earlier post, named capital units down to Light Cruiser are now included, which means a lot of ships, I have reduced naval movement to be more in line with what happens for land units, but to compensate for the movement reduction, I have been adding more naval loops, for example this one Skagerrak to Denmark Strait. The Axis player can now be more secretive about their naval activities. All Naval units now have zero zone of control.
Ideallly if you could set several naval loops to the ships to arrive that would be great, the opponent would not then set his naval forces at the arriving point and it would be more difficult.
The idea is to enter a naval loop that can take your naval forces to say three different places, making it a decision at the end of the turn for the phasing player.
Is it possible?
GG's AWD, GG's WBTS, GG's WitE Beta Tester
Beta Tester: Panzer Corps, Time of Fury, CtGW, DC CB, DC3 Barbarossa, SC WWII WiE, SC WWII WaW, SC WWI
sPzAbt653

Post by sPzAbt653 »

Yes or No, no other choices, sorry!

But units that arrive on the other end will not always arrive at the same hex, so the opponent doesn't know exactly were they will appear.
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

ORIGINAL: rjh1971

This has been addressed in v1.03.01, ships will be able to move across other naval units at the risk of losing one strength point.

Thank you I have just downloaded the new Beta patch, I thought I had already installed the patch, but obviously I had forgotten cheers.
Make it so!
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

Denmark Strait and Iceland/Faroe Gap to Skagerrak are now Axis only naval loops, I have also reduced the text font size, it now looks better on the map.

Until there comes a time when modders have more control over what the Naval AI does, I have decided to combine the previous 2 naval loops via the Denmark Strait and Iceland Faroe Gap to Skagerrak, into one new loop from Greenland Sea to Baltic this means that when the German Heavy Cruiser/ Pocket Battleship is ordered back to Germany that is exactly where it will return to the Baltic and safe home waters. Since the Baltic to the Greenland Sea is now an option, when German naval units sortie they will arrive in eight places, split 4 in Denmark Strait and 4 In Iceland Faroes Gap, that should keep the Allies busy trying to figure out where they are going to show up![:D]

Attachments
Greenland..oBaltic.jpg
Greenland..oBaltic.jpg (155 KiB) Viewed 137 times
Make it so!
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

Another change near Germany, is the Island of Heligoland, I have made it slightly bigger and placed a Coastal Battery on it since historically there are coastal guns on the Island.

Attachments
Heligoland.jpg
Heligoland.jpg (128.99 KiB) Viewed 137 times
Make it so!
welk

Post by welk »

Are the changes included in the current uploaded version (version 1, as described in the first post of thread) ? Or will changes be included in a futur version ?

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”