Recruiting Programmer to work with Gary Grigsby

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

IainMcNeil

Recruiting Programmer to work with Gary Grigsby

Post by IainMcNeil »

Hi guys,

we're recruiting someone to work with 2by3 on an exciting upcoming game. See the details here. We are very interested in hearing from anyone with programming skills and an interest in the game, not just games industry programmers. You can learn how to switch to games programming but you can't learn how to be a wargamer!

tm.asp?m=4278897

Please pass this on to anyone who might be interested.

Thanks!
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
EwaldvonKleist

RE: Recruiting Programmer to work with Gary Grigsby

Post by EwaldvonKleist »

You simply should hire morvael :D
morvael

RE: Recruiting Programmer to work with Gary Grigsby

Post by morvael »

FYI, I'm not applying [:)]

1) I'm not that brave to quit my stable & safe (when compared to game industry) full-time job.
2) I'm not into tactical games, operational is my favourite scale (OK, I play tacticals from time to time and some RPG or RTS, but never wanted to code them).
3) I'm not into C++, I have enough of this language keeping WitE on life support until WitE2 comes out.
4) I'm not into developing 3D engines (even for a wargame), I prefer to deal with men & tanks & guns & planes directly.
5) I'd prefer to start my own pet project once I'll get more free time than being involved in someone else's.

I guess #1 is as important as the other four combined.

Slitherine, good luck in looking for a programmer. I hope you'll find someone much better than me.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”