At the gates of Moscow.. But the mud!

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

spinecruncher

At the gates of Moscow.. But the mud!

Post by spinecruncher »

AGC has made it to the gates of Moscow and Leningrad but is caught in the mud and go not do anything. all offensive capability is gone. Am I ruined? When did I need to take Moscow by? I have lost nearly half a million men and the Russians have lost 2.8 million but still I am completely stopped in my tracks!
gmtello

RE: At the gates of Moscow.. But the mud!

Post by gmtello »

In my experience before 43. After that date the russian cvs will be impossible to crack. After the 41 mud u hace little time to take the town. Try to entrench so 42 offensive starts the closer the better
spinecruncher

Post by spinecruncher »

So as far as '41 goes, when do you need to take moscow and LEningrad by? I thought I was doomed of Moscow not taken in '41
spinecruncher

Post by spinecruncher »

Forgot to say it is Oct '16 1941
gmtello

Post by gmtello »

Leningrad after 41 is Very dif. As German u can take almost evrything till 43. Then the russian cvs start rising and the max cv valué u can get will Not be enough
Stelteck

Post by Stelteck »

You can try to take moscow in 1942 but beware of a winter !!!
Brakes are for cowards !!
spinecruncher

Post by spinecruncher »

so does anyone take Moscow in 41? if so by when? IE, if not bu Oct is it over until '42?
HardLuckYetAgain

Post by HardLuckYetAgain »

ORIGINAL: ballyhoo

so does anyone take Moscow in 41? if so by when? IE, if not bu Oct is it over until '42?

In my own opinion Moscow should "always" be the primary target & always strive to at least attempt to take it. By going for Moscow you will be able to threaten both Moscow and Leningrad since a drive on Moscow opens up more front to the North which the Soviets will be hard pressed to defend adequately if your German offense is good that is.

As for taking Moscow it is very possible but you will have to know your opponents. I played a series of games where I was able to take or surround Moscow on all of my games on or before turn 11. After which Leningrad easily falls afterwards because of the extended front to cover. Thus in my opinion Moscow should always be the primary target if at all possible based on your opponent skill playing the Soviets.
German Turn 1 opening moves. The post that keeps on giving https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... 1&t=390004

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”