Consolidated Mods and Fixes

Share your game mods and discuss modding with other players here.

Moderator: MOD_WestCiv

lucr41

Consolidated Mods and Fixes

Post by lucr41 »

I have consolidated in this thread, all the Mods and Fixes that I use when playing COGEE.

The Mods and Fixes in the attached zipped file cover the following:
1. Generals for 1792 Scenario
2. Events Fix
3. Regions Fix
4. Change Province Ownership
5. Upgrades Fix

The contents of this thread is a collection from previous threads opened in the main part of this forum.
Attachments
Cumulative..s v1.0.1.zip
(1.66 MiB) Downloaded 263 times
RJinVA_slith

RE: Consolidated Mods and Fixes

Post by RJinVA_slith »

Thanks again Luc!

I've just downloaded the file and will be applying the fixes shortly.

Great work!

RJinVA
Udet

Post by Udet »

I have just seen and downloaded these great updates. Many thanks from an old COGEE player!

[&o]
Udet
Randomizer

Post by Randomizer »

Thanks, excellent work!

-C
Stress

Post by Stress »

Hi and thanks for these mods.
There are two problem i have had using these and wondered if anyone had any ideas.
First, now my depots disappear when the turn starts. There used to be an old post about fixing this but it has been removed. Any advice?
Secondly, when i win a battle in an enemy province, it becomes automatically captured, this happened twice on the first turn of the Standard 1805 campaign. The Army of Italy doesnt even start with artillery and takes Venice. Something buggy here. Never used to happen before.
Any solutions? Thanks in advance.

Peter
gottagofish

Post by gottagofish »

Great work on your fixes Lucr41!!! I never realized what I was missing on the Events before. These fixes are wonderful! I just wished Matrix supported this game more. I stopped buying any of their games as the ones I already have all have these nagging problems and don't get fixed.
lucr41

Post by lucr41 »

I have experienced a very weird issue with disappearing supply depots. To be more precise, only newly-built depots disappear and existing ones are fine.

I have been playing this game solo for close to 2 years, now, and had never seen this issue before now.

I remember coming across a post some time ago about disappearing supply depots, so I guess this is not an isolated incident.

Here is what happens:
1. During your turn, you add supply depots and move your units.
2. You focus the screen on the newly-built supply depots and end your turn.
3. You see the newly-built supply depots disappear and your troops suffer foraging casualties.

I have tried different sequencing on my addition of depots and troop movements and could not get around this problem.

I did, however, stumble on a workaround.

Here are my findings:
1. During your turn, you add supply depots and move your units.
2. You focus the screen on the newly-built supply depots and end your turn.
3. You see the newly-built supply depots disappear.
4. Hit Alt-Tab to switch to another open application, or just to remove the focus from COGEE.
5. In the taskbar, immediately click on the COGEE running application. If too slow, you will miss the moves for the turn. If you get back to COGEE quick enough, you will see the turn play out normally.
6. As the turn plays out, if the focus returns to the area were you places new supply depots, you will see that they have re-appeared.

I have done this many time on this particular turn and it has worked every time.

Let me know if this workaround works for you.
Cirfindil

Post by Cirfindil »

Got it thanks! What is the most current complete version/mod? I swear I had read a 1.1 version somewhere, however, I can only find 1.0.9 thus far. Perhaps I'm thinking of another game?
waynenh57

Post by waynenh57 »

I want to come back to this game after a long absence and want to use the mods listed here. My question is do all these mods work for all scenarios or just the 1792 one?
Thanks in advance.

Wayne
lucr41

Post by lucr41 »

All these fixes/mod were built for the 1792 scenario. That being said, only the "1. Generals for 1792 Scenario" mod is incompatible with scenarios other than 1792. The other fixes and mods should work fine, so long as they are copied to the appropriate scenario folder location.

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”