FIFTY SHADES OF WiTE: SILLYFLOWER V BRIANG

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

charlie0311

RE: SILLY's SWANSONG NO BRIAN G

Post by charlie0311 »

Naughty, naughty Sillyflower, be nice to my precious Brian, or, or, or something, but I forgot again..

Maybe Hard Luck will relent with the "magical" rail line. Kinda doubtful being that it is so well perfected. He,he.
HardLuckYetAgain

Post by HardLuckYetAgain »

ORIGINAL: sillyflower

Fifty Shades of WiTE?

Brian wants to carry on until the end, and then to play Hardluckyetagain. He obviously has been influenced/inspired by a recent (in)famous book and film

Huh, how did I get dragged into this?
German Turn 1 opening moves. The post that keeps on giving https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... 1&t=390004
bigbaba

Post by bigbaba »

lol Brian wants to Keep playing this hopeless game and after that he wants to Play against mr. "i blitz moscow in turn 7 and you can't do shit about that"?:)

that puts the real fifty shade of Grey in the shame.:)
HardLuckYetAgain

Post by HardLuckYetAgain »

ORIGINAL: bigbaba

lol Brian wants to Keep playing this hopeless game and after that he wants to Play against mr. "i blitz moscow in turn 7 and you can't do shit about that"?:)

that puts the real fifty shade of Grey in the shame.:)

Oh

German Turn 1 opening moves. The post that keeps on giving https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... 1&t=390004
sillyflower

Post by sillyflower »

T111 and 112

Nothing much happened [>:]. In the far east, the Brianites made a few minor attacks, and I surround and rout a whole tank xxx. Some armour from the north heads that way as this is the likely spot for any Bolshevik O.

web exchange

Post: I am always fearful that when I put this game down on the table and people see the box-art they will think I am some kind of neo-Nazi

Reply: They already know you're a gamer. What other shame can possibly compare?
sillyflower

Post by sillyflower »

T113

Not quite sure why I did this raid. Probably partly just to let Brian know that I still have the initiative, and partly to do something worth taking a picture of instead of endless nothing. Displaced a couple of HQ and several airbases but seemingly to little effect.

Whole turn losses 3.7K G to 20.1K R so both armies continue to grow. Air 14 (11 recon) to 261 largely thanks to Brian's bombing efforts. 1 of the R losses was a DB3. Things must be bad if he's still flying those.

I can live with stalemate, but with luck the Brianites will try to come after the raiders. The SS are waiting
Attachments
BT113.jpg
BT113.jpg (737.73 KiB) Viewed 198 times
web exchange

Post: I am always fearful that when I put this game down on the table and people see the box-art they will think I am some kind of neo-Nazi

sillyflower

Post by sillyflower »

T114

Brian took a couple of hexes, in his turn, but scuttled back to his forts containing rife xx in the east. No point in wasting troops attacking them frontally. The most exciting point in my turn was therefore having the 600,000th HIWI roll off the production line.

Attachments
hiwi.jpg
hiwi.jpg (13.61 KiB) Viewed 199 times
web exchange

Crackaces

Post by Crackaces »

ORIGINAL: AppendixSE

One can't help but wonder at what stage Russia would collapse. Is this that state or would they always fight to the bitter end?
Considering the prolonged fight of the "whites" in the civil war I wonder if that isn't just the case.

The main question then being when the organised state collapses into splintered and isolated action. I would probably say losing a front at this stage would lead to a coup (if it didn't happen earlier). And life after stalin might produce a situation like WWI Russia after the Tsar.

Extremely interesting AAR and I am surprised of the amount of hurt the Russians can soak up and still be able to have localized parity.

Forget the question of Moscow ... SillyFlower has isolated the Caucasus Mountains from the Industry now in the Ural's. there is no Siberian Oil in 1944 ..
Industry I would suspect would grind to a halt in this situation and with that the beans and the bullets ..maybe a guerilla operation .. but I would think once industry stopped the Army would collapse ..

"What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know. It's what we know for sure that just ain't so"
sillyflower

Post by sillyflower »

Welcome to the AAR Crackaces

According to my calculations, which may be slightly off as I ran out of fingers and toes (the wife + dogs would not co-operate and will require appropriate re-education [:-]), the Caucasus has almost half of R fuel and oil production: 73/149 fuel and 63/128 oil.

I imagine that the effect of such a loss would be great, but I'm no expert so leave it to others with more expertise to comment. I doubt that it has any in-game effect, though you would have to ask Brian about that.
web exchange

bigbaba

Post by bigbaba »

Guess the red Army has to abandon the new mobile warfare doctrine and go back to the human waves tactic without oil which is a bad thing with all this MG- 42 around.
EwaldvonKleist

Post by EwaldvonKleist »

The most exciting point in my turn was therefore having the 600,000th HIWI roll off the production line.
[:D]

In the interest of all readers of this AAR I advocate for a last big bang. A push for Kubyshew with flanks covered by rumanians or such stuff.
Crackaces

Post by Crackaces »

This link points to a discussion of oil reserves in USSR 1941-1944 in regards to the Southern Strategy .. https://history.stackexchange.com/quest ... ucasus-oil
Certainly no synthesis of the evidence but a fair discussion. One thing left out is the possibility the Allies would ship oil/fuel via Murmansk and Vladivostok (Murmansk is cutoff in this game).

I m surprised the Sillyflower is not close to the Auto-victory ..Am I missing something? I have not played since 2010 so I have a huge gap ..I am just getting interest again ..
"What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know. It's what we know for sure that just ain't so"
sillyflower

Post by sillyflower »

This is a VC260 game, and I achieved that in late '42. Due to a bug (now sorted) the game did not end automatically. Brian and I decided to carry on. I have 275 VPs but the 290 needed for auto-victory now is not achievable because of the free unit returns that were introduced fairly early on in our game. It all in the AAR somewhere if you have a few spare hours...............
web exchange

sillyflower

Post by sillyflower »

Re the oil issue, there was no spare allied shipping capacity so to supply significant quantities of fuel to the USSR would have had serious impacts on the allies' ability to wage war on other fronts.
web exchange

Crackaces

Post by Crackaces »

ORIGINAL: sillyflower

This is a VC260 game, and I achieved that in late '42. Due to a bug (now sorted) the game did not end automatically. Brian and I decided to carry on. I have 275 VPs but the 290 needed for auto-victory now is not achievable because of the free unit returns that were introduced fairly early on in our game. It all in the AAR somewhere if you have a few spare hours...............

I went through the AAR .. I mainly focused on the pictures which showed how the German's can win a smashing victory against a tough opponent .. especially since the Germans made in your thoughts serious mistakes (referring to your comments on page 5)

Very nice job!

sillyflower

Post by sillyflower »

ORIGINAL: EwaldvonKleist

In the interest of all readers of this AAR I advocate for a last big bang. A push for Kubyshew with flanks covered by rumanians or such stuff.

This is Brianite deception talk designed to weaken the Wehrmacht. Not what I expect from someone with your family name. Report at once to Headmistress Frau Trunchbull in Berlin for appropriate re-education
web exchange

sillyflower

Post by sillyflower »

For those of you who do not know who Miss Trunchbull is, here is a picture of what is waiting for young Ewald

Attachments
trunch.jpg
trunch.jpg (14.11 KiB) Viewed 200 times
web exchange

bigbaba

Post by bigbaba »

holy moly. is that a dude or a chick?:)

now if she is a chick she looks like one of the female concentration camp guards from a nightmare.:)
sillyflower

Post by sillyflower »

She was played by English actress Pam Ferris
web exchange

EwaldvonKleist

Post by EwaldvonKleist »

I have to admit that I googled this person. Seems to be a very awkward one :)
The only hope is that the "von" in my forum name will save me. Hitting boys of honourable descent will hurt your career as a teacher.

Return to “After Action Reports”